Autographed Lithograph for your Collection

arfo98

Hi Everyone,

I really hope this is OK to post here.

I have a very nicely framed Lithograph of the band circa the mid 90's era. It is authentically autographed by all 3 band members. It has truly been a treasure, but due to a complete life overhaul, I have to sell it.

Is anyone interested? Any interest or ideas would really be appreciated! 2.gif

Edited by arfo98

E-bay

I'm curious...

who authenticated the autographs?

One thing you'll find here is that people know there are far more forgeries for sale online then legitimate items.

Aside from that...

you signed up for the forum just so you could post this?

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jul 31 2012, 03:44 PM)
I'm curious...
who authenticated the autographs?

One thing you'll find here is that people know there are far more forgeries for sale online then legitimate items.

Aside from that...
you signed up for the forum just so you could post this?

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

I am actually one of the most honest people you would ever meet. I simply tried to reach out to other fans because E-Bay and Craigslist are just a shot in the dark. No scam, no ill intent. I just thought someone might like something that has been treasured over the years for his or her collection. goodpost.gif Edited by arfo98

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Aug 2 2012, 12:22 AM)
This is the kind of thread that could really use a pic.

Here's one

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/images-memento.jpg tongue.gif

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 1 2012, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (NYM86 @ Aug 2 2012, 12:22 AM)
This is the kind of thread that could really use a pic.

Here's one

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/images-memento.jpg tongue.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

common001.gif 653.gif

The only way to know is to see it in person and look to see if it's really sharpie ink sitting on top of the litho, and if it's really written by hand as opposed to an auto-pen (which is slower, so a lot more ink soaks into the paper, and there are no streaks like you'd get with a faster pen stroke).

$400 may be high for this depending on the size of the frame and whether it's one of a limited edition or a unique item. It's not a vintage item, and it's not from a more legendary album, but it's definitely worth something if the signatures are real. I'd make an offer if I didn't already have a 2112 litho, hand-signed and framed, w/paperwork, etc. (long story, but let's just say I lucked out and got a ridiculous deal on it).

Hi. Thanks for your honest and sensible reply. The only thing I have to offer regarding its authenticity is my word. I wouldn't know how to make a high definition copy if my life depended on it. To try to forge anything would be futile and destructive; I am a pharmacist and I see forgeries every day. I am just a fan with a great piece of memorabilia that has been special to me. I am just trying to reach out to other fans. I am a pharmacist and a mom, and I certainly don't try to cheat anyone. Edited by arfo98

QUOTE (arfo98 @ Aug 4 2012, 12:45 PM)
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/268749_4456350295057_981007959_n.jpg

Here is a link to a pic of the Lithograph.

It's T4E, how much will you pay me to take it? confused13.gif

QUOTE (arfo98 @ Aug 5 2012, 11:17 AM)
Hi. Thanks for your honest and sensible reply. The only thing I have to offer regarding its authenticity is my word. I wouldn't know how to make a high definition copy if my life depended on it. To try to forge anything would be futile and destructive; I am a pharmacist and I see forgeries every day. I am just a fan with a great piece of memorabilia that has been special to me. I am just trying to reach out to other fans. I am a pharmacist and a mom, and I certainly don't try to cheat anyone.

I wasn't really questioning the authenticity, or your intentions. Just pointing out that if someone is going to be skeptical, then nothing short of a first-hand inspection will really prove anything. Like I said, I'd make an offer if I didn't already have something I like more. Looks good to me as best as I can tell from a web image. Someone ought to be interested.

QUOTE (arfo98 @ Aug 4 2012, 12:45 PM)
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/268749_4456350295057_981007959_n.jpg

Here is a link to a pic of the Lithograph.

Very cool.

Sigs look legit.

But I think you've got a 12 by 12 album flat there and not a lithograph. (Check out the printing in the lower left corner. Copyright 1996 Atlantic Recording Corporation bla bla bla For promotional use only bla bla bla.)