What Went Wrong?

HigherWater

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 26 2012, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 26 2012, 10:09 AM)
The truth is that if many of the older fans didn't like Signals

Bullshit . I love it and think it is the last Great album they have put out

Metaldad, if you liked Signals, than that statement doesn't apply to you. Only to those that didn't really like Signals. Which Wasn't I! It was my favorite albums for a very long time. I'm a keyboardist and this was the album that introduced, and cemented my love for RUSH. It was the first tour I saw, It was the first album I ever went and bought on the release day. It holds a very big place in my heart. All I was saying is that those people that didn't like Signals might not like CA for similar reasons. A departure from the RUSH they were accustomed too.

cool.gif

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 26 2012, 08:27 PM)

Metaldad, if you liked Signals, than that statement doesn't apply to you. Only to those that didn't really like Signals. Which Wasn't I! It was my favorite albums for a very long time. I'm a keyboardist and this was the album that introduced, and cemented my love for RUSH. It was the first tour I saw, It was the first album I ever went and bought on the release day. It holds a very big place in my heart. All I was saying is that those people that didn't like Signals might not like CA for similar reasons. A departure from the RUSH they were accustomed too.

cool.gif

I dunno. I think CA has more in common with MP than Signals, if it shares any real commonality at all.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 26 2012, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 26 2012, 09:43 AM)
just let the music stand.

Why does he need to when you don't?

not sure i understand you. i let the music stand and it's up to each individual to decide whether they like it or not. it is what is and whatever. cheer.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jul 26 2012, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 26 2012, 08:27 PM)

cool.gif

I dunno. I think CA has more in common with MP than Signals, if it shares any real commonality at all.

Oh I agree with you in some aspects, I always felt that besides the heavy use of Keyboards Signals and MP weren't too different. I meant in the respect that they ventured in a new direction. Mainly, In CA's case the use of Strings as for Signals was the promenent Keyboards. Moving Pictures was much more stream lined in its compositions than Signals or CA. Moving Pictures was more direct. While Signals and CA are more obscured in its approach towards the compositions.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 26 2012, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 26 2012, 02:11 PM)

i think he means that some people weren't into the synthesizers or something?

it's an awesome album though, i don't care what anyone says

Once again I'm misunderstood! I love Signals, However I feel that those that didn't like Signals might have a problem with CA as well. Not everyone and not because of the Keyboards, just the compositions in general. It's a departure from what they liked or admired about RUSH during the Prog-Era! Except for the actual Concept and perhaps the Title song this album really isn't as prog as Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, Natural Science, and Hemispheres is Prog. This album is more like Signals and GUP than the albums holding the previously mentioned songs.

cool.gif

i agree, some people are afraid of change and change does not suit their tastes

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jul 26 2012, 09:08 AM)
If they don't like the new album, THEY DON'T f***ing LIKE IT!

What's the problem? Do you think they got up one June morning and decided they weren't going to like the new Rush album. Feel sorry for them? Get over yourselves.
A couple of days ago I was asked why I even bothered going on a Rush forum when I hated the band so much. Suddenly because I like CA I'm no longer a "hater". Yet I still dislike the same number of Rush albums I did before CA was released!!!

Some of you are stupid beyond belief. 

wtf.gif

Don't worry, you're still a hater in my eyes. tongue.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 26 2012, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 26 2012, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 26 2012, 03:10 PM)
no it's test for echo

goodpost.gif

Seriously, I can only remember four tunes off that thing. And I just listened to it a few days ago.

dog years 1022.gif

tongue.gif

Make it five.

And I'm not remembering it in a good way, mind you. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 26 2012, 05:08 PM)
Is there a Boston fan board somewhere that I could go and complain they haven't put out a decent album since 1978? Seems like a good use of my time.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

CA is a good if not great balanced record that the guys can be very proud of.

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

Because Haters need anger in their lives to feel whole.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 30 2012, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

CA is a good if not great balanced record that the guys can be very proud of.

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

Because Haters need anger in their lives to feel whole.

Everyone needs anger in their lives.

I wish I could say I do like the last three studio cd's but I don't .Basically what I like in a Rush song has dissapeared . Looking back I guess It was kinda silly of me to expect a band that doesn't repeat itself to repeat itself. Isn't the definition of crazy something to effect of doing the same thing over again and expecting different results? I have been pondering my position since the release and still can't fiigure out why I hate the new Rush and everyone else loves them . Was I even a Rush fan to begin with? Maybe I liked Rush for reasons everyone else didn't. I became a fan in 83 or so right at the pinnacle of their popularity . I remember "Cool" kids in school wearing their concert jerseys. Tom Sawyer was the first Rush song I ever heard and I was a fan since. Being a fan of Synthesizers since I first seen Michael Iceberg in Disney as a kid ,I loved the way Rush used them to texture their sound. Not knowing who they were I was elated to see they had such a rich recording history. Then it happened. I heard Circumstances . With the synthesizer middle 8 and solo I was hooked. Then Signals came out and I loved playing allong to the record on my Poly61 and guitar. Rush just doesn't excite me anymore. I wish they did . But I have moved on . Like Geddy says " We have no control over losing fans at different stages of our career" Its been a wild ride and I will always love Rush . But I will be damned if I think this stuff is good . Its not .