What Went Wrong?

HigherWater

Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

CA is a good if not great balanced record that the guys can be very proud of.

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't take back what i said. i don't give a shit and think it's a horrible piece. they could do so much better or maybe they were running dry with ideas, and like i said i think it's neil lyrics that geddy has trouble with and he doesn't make it any easier gor ged. good day sir! Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 24 2012, 09:05 PM)
i don't take back what i said. i don't give a shit and think it's a horrible piece. they could do so much better or maybe they were running dry with ideas, and like i said i think it's neil lyrics that geddy has trouble with and he doesn't make it any easier gor ged. good day sir!

I would never expect you to take anything back. You feel the way you feel. But I do think it's sad that you can't accept a band's desire to GROW. I remember similar arguments around The Pass back in the 90's and I fought like hell then as well.

Rush is such a unique band-- They can hit us with Headlong Flight and The Garden on the same album. I'm not at all sorry that you don't like or appreciate The Wreckers or Wish Them Well--I'm just really happy that I do, and I'm not just going to sit back and read a bunch of negativity after I waited 5 years for a new release without firing back a little.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)
Good God! I've been away from the forum for about a week and it seems like in that time the haters have completely taken over! Why is Rush not aloud to write a song with a verse/chorus/bridge alignment (The Wreckers) or a song with a nice bouncy melody (Wish Them Well)?

I cannot believe that a Forum member would say, "I'd be embarrassed for Rush if they played that song on the radio." What a worthless, obnoxious thing to say. I'm sorry but seriously, as much as I hate Superconductor I would never say I was embarrassed for Rush. What embarrasses me are Rush fans that act like turds every time the guys try to give us something new.

Like the new album, hate the new album-- Whatever. But don't for a second feel embarrassed for Rush-- They are a lot better than you!

I don't see what your issues are... CA has been highly acclaimed on this board, the few naysayers have been nearly ostracized.

Are you an emissary from the Solar Federation, looking to control every aspect of our lives and thoughts?

Uh, last I checked they are fully entitled to their opinions. Whether or not those opinions are ones you would like to hear is completely irrelevant. Nothing has "gone wrong." Edited by NYM86

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 07:58 PM)

It's sub-par album, and to me The Wreckers is one of the worst tracks....doesn't sound like Rush or represent any aspect of Rush that I like..

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 24 2012, 10:36 PM)

It's sub-par album, and to me The Wreckers is one of the worst tracks....doesn't sound like Rush or represent any aspect of Rush that I like..

I wonder: what is "Par"? Does Rush have Birdie and Eagle albums? Is Test for Echo a double bogey?

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 10:46 PM)

I wonder: what is "Par"? Does Rush have Birdie and Eagle albums? Is Test for Echo a double bogey?

We'll put Moving pictures or Hemispheres on the level of "Albatross" and go from there

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 08:58 PM)

By starting a thread like this you're just provoking the so-called "haters". Since when do people around here sugar-coat criticism? They shouldn't.

Calm down!

lol. Define Rush. Please.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Jul 24 2012, 09:46 PM)

Subpar - Not measuring up to traditional standards of performance, value, or production, which is basically anything after Presto...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 24 2012, 11:55 PM)

Subpar - Not measuring up to traditional standards of performance, value, or production, which is basically anything after Presto...

Wrong. I realize it's your opinion but your group that think it is subpar is so small that it actually verifies that the general consensus is that this is the best record they have done in quite some time. 99% of the Amazon reviews are just glowing as well as almost all media reviews. I still don't think I've read even one negative or even mediocre review from a media source.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 24 2012, 11:38 PM)

Wrong. I realize it's your opinion but your group that think it is subpar is so small that it actually verifies that the general consensus is that this is the best record they have done in quite some time. 99% of the Amazon reviews are just glowing as well as almost all media reviews. I still don't think I've read even one negative or even mediocre review from a media source.

Like most Rush fans, I don't care about reviews.....

Things did take an ominous turn with Presto.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 25 2012, 12:08 AM)

did they ever...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 25 2012, 01:08 AM)

did they ever...

We were then treated to RTB, CP, and T4E. 062802puke_prv.gif

CP is overrated, it's not even in my top 10.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 25 2012, 12:12 AM)

did they ever...

CP is terrible.....one of their bottom 5 or 6 to me....

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 25 2012, 01:12 AM)

did they ever...

Well I think over 80% have CA in their top ten according to a poll on this very forum. Amazing.

Edit: make that 83%.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 25 2012, 01:13 AM)

did they ever...

CP is at #12 for me, so I don't rate it quite as badly. I do rate it higher than anything that came after it.

Edited by substancewithoutstyle

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:15 AM)

did they ever...

Well I think over 80% have CA in their top ten according to a poll on this very forum. Amazing.

The album just came out......let's see the results in a year..

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 25 2012, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 25 2012, 01:13 AM)

did they ever...

CP is at #12 for me, so I don't rate it quite as badly. I do rate it higher than anything that came after it.

Their best album (material wise) since Presto is still VT, IMO.....then probably CA....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 25 2012, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:15 AM)

did they ever...

The album just came out......let's see the results in a year..

Will probably be higher. A lot of times it takes a while for Rush records to grow. Very rarely does a Rush record get worse over time with me. I didn't like SnA very much at first listen and it's still not great but now it is more tolerable to me. I like about half.