The Garden

earth2112shine

I hear MFH in The Wreckers, too. I know they traded instruments, but it's really noticeable how Geddy-fied The Wreckers is. Not quite sure if the beginning part of The Garden is played on bass or guitar, but it sounds like something Geddy would have written as a bass line.

Good stuff!

"The Garden" kinda feels like "Grace to Grace," yeah.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (spock @ Jul 6 2012, 06:40 PM)
I hear MFH in The Wreckers, too. I know they traded instruments, but it's really noticeable how Geddy-fied The Wreckers is. Not quite sure if the beginning part of The Garden is played on bass or guitar, but it sounds like something Geddy would have written as a bass line.

Good stuff!

Yup, definitely bass at the beginning. I hear The Angel's Share from MFH in The Garden.

Edited by GUP1771

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 6 2012, 06:44 PM)
"The Garden" kinda feels like "Grace to Grace," yeah.

Give me Grace to Grace over The Garden any day of the week. I'm still pretty miffed that Rush didn't end the album on a rocking note. 1022.gif

Edited by NYM86

I like a lot of the music and melodies on MFH, but the lyrics are empty and lame. For a solo album it's very good, and I definitely hear some of that on this album.

The main difference is MFH sounds like it was meticulously written, and CA sounds like it was jammed out in a studio like the band said how it was written. I prefer them to slave over the writing like they did on all of their best albums than to force themselves out of whats worked so well for them and try to write an album on the fly.

I believe the only other album they did this with was Hemispheres, but they were young men then and spend a lot of time in the studio putting that together. So thats the main difference between this and MFH which we know Geddy wrote on his own and took time to write it, but I do hear parts of this in that. Not too much though.

The bridge section of Wreckers could have been on MFH. Sadly there's not nearly enough parts as good as that on this album.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 6 2012, 08:34 PM)
I like a lot of the music and melodies on MFH, but the lyrics are empty and lame. For a solo album it's very good, and I definitely hear some of that on this album.

The main difference is MFH sounds like it was meticulously written, and CA sounds like it was jammed out in a studio like the band said how it was written. I prefer them to slave over the writing like they did on all of their best albums than to force themselves out of whats worked so well for them and try to write an album on the fly.

I believe the only other album they did this with was Hemispheres, but they were young men then and spend a lot of time in the studio putting that together. So thats the main difference between this and MFH which we know Geddy wrote on his own and took time to write it, but I do hear parts of this in that. Not too much though.

The bridge section of Wreckers could have been on MFH. Sadly there's not nearly enough parts as good as that on this album.

Why do you always have to elude to the age thing?, these guys dance circles around anything you could imagine, in even in your huge ego dreams, and they are twice your age, dude. How is that for old age. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jul 6 2012, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 6 2012, 08:34 PM)

Why do you always have to elude to the age thing?, these guys dance circles around anything you could imagine, in even in your huge ego dreams, and they are twice your age, dude. How is that for old age. rofl3.gif

Woo! Man, that burns like the morning after spicy hot tamales, chili nachos, tortillas and con queso!

firedevil.gif

Edited by Tarkus406

The Garden is Geddy's song. It has his signature written all over it. Perhaps for that reason you see the similarities with MFH. Either way, it's a brilliant track and would have served as a soundtrack for a movie.