Clockwork Angels, a Masterpiece

canadianice

...and to cement the above statement, I'll say it again - It's a masterpiece!!! :cheers: to all the lovers :bang bang: to all the haters.
  • Like 1

This new sound is miles ahead of the old stuff...which isn't that interesting anymore. Clockwork Angels is a game changer!

Disagree........... :codger: But I still dug The Spaceman :d13: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

This new sound is miles ahead of the old stuff...which isn't that interesting anymore. Clockwork Angels is a game changer!

Disagree........... :codger:

this album kicks more ass than any Rush album...it is metal.

Clockwork Angels is still kicking my ass...a masterpiece for sho!

I'll say one thing. CA is killing the intended meaning of "masterpiece".

Gemini you must first LISTEN to Clockwork Angels to provide such an opinion.

Clockwork Angels has not lost any of its magic for me :no:

It's been a year and a half, and I still always want to listen to it all the way through and savour every moment of it, instead of having reached the point of plucking out my very favourite songs for heavy rotation and leaving the lesser songs to the occasional listen.

It's a masterpiece beyond a doubt in my book!

• Like 2

Disagree........... :codger:

this album kicks more ass than any Rush album...it is metal.

The Spaceman would disagree....... :smoke: :no:

Clockwork Angels is still kicking my ass...a masterpiece for sho!

I'll say one thing. CA is killing the intended meaning of "masterpiece".

and you are reinforcing the intended meaning of the nickname of "Richard".

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels has not lost any of its magic for me :no:

It's been a year and a half, and I still always want to listen to it all the way through and savour every moment of it, instead of having reached the point of plucking out my very favourite songs for heavy rotation and leaving the lesser songs to the occasional listen.

It's a masterpiece beyond a doubt in my book!

Agreed! I keep coming back to Clockwork Angels. It was replaced by Vapor Trails (remixed) for about a month but not its back in full rotation. Its truly a RUSH Masterpiece. And more importantly, the album hasn't rip off any other musicians except themselves. :codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

IMO it makes everything that came before sound small. A towering achievement. Endlessly fascinating. Great songwriting. Nuances beyond comprehension.

Just the concept alone overshadows anything that came prior. The album has its on Book for heaven sakes. I can't wait to watch it live in theaters on the 18th of November. I already have my family's tickets! :chickendance: :dweez: :dweez: :chickendance: Yes! That's my family dancing there!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

I remember the first Rush album I was really excited for as a fan was Snakes & Arrows (being 15 years old and just into Rush at the time).

Loved it when it first came out but eventually grew tired of it. The songs became dry and stale to me, save for the likes of "Armor & Sword," "Main Monkey Business," and "Far Cry" (a more nostalgic favorite) which are on regular rotation, and I'll listen to a few songs on and off. But as an album, not for me.

A year and a half with CA, and I still can't get enough of it. It never gets stale to me and I feel like the band really pushed themselves, and considering their ability the result is remarkably impressive. After a year and a half I will confidently say that it's their best record since Power Windows, a feat you don't see often from bands pushing 40+ years in the biz. It's a stellar release.

And I just got my CA vinyl with my new turntable, which I'm pretty stoked for.

• Like 1

Clockwork Angels deserves every bit of praise without in any way negating the brilliance of their past masterworks.

It’s a crowning achievement in a career full of crowning achievements.

Quite an unexpected one for sure, which makes it even sweeter.

• Like 3

Clockwork Angels deserves every bit of praise without in any way negating the brilliance of their past masterworks.

What kind of trip you guys are on? The album is only incrementally better than the other post-hiatus releases.

What kind of trip you guys are on? The album is only incrementally better than the other post-hiatus releases.

I'm going to have to side a little with GR79 on this one and I realize he doesn't need my defending him. I am for sure what would be considered an "old" Rush fan. I was even on board in the early 80's and enjoy most of that music to this day. I agree Clockwork Angels is far and away the best they have produced since then, and I enjoy it very much. I would still not put it in my top 5 or use the word masterpiece that loosely either. I suppose if I were new to this Rush thing my opinion might be a bit different. I am not trying to say I am better or worse than any fan, I just know what my experience and my own ears tell me......

:codger: Just my humble opinion as always.......

• Like 1

It's an very good album, but not a masterpiece. With a little more focus and trimming of some fat I could understand the argument for Clockwork Angels being a masterpiece, but as is it's merely very good. Rush sucks.

It's an very good album, but not a masterpiece. With a little more focus and trimming of some fat I could understand the argument for Clockwork Angels being a masterpiece, but as is it's merely very good. Rush sucks.

its a very "good" album...a little trimming...is this Rushgoober?

Show me any band that has produce something this good 40 years into their career. Most band don't even last 40 years and those that do might have only one or two good track on the record if any. I really can't think of one. Well, except for Deep Purple. Their last album " Now What ?!," is pretty close to a masterpiece as well. You know what I'm starting a thread on this issue.

Agreed. The album is just shy of a perfect 10 in my book due its excess, but even that doesn't remove the fact that it is very good. It's one of my favorites.

Agreed. The album is just shy of a perfect 10 in my book due its excess, but even that doesn't remove the fact that it is very good. It's one of my favorites.

not getting the "excess" part...please explain