Clockwork Angels, a Masterpiece

canadianice

I was cruising down the qew highway last night,with CA blasting away. This is seriously good. Masterpiece was the right way to decribe it. Rush on folks

I've been trying to listen to Snakes and Arrows for something a little different than CA...Clockwork Angels is just way beyond any effort they've recorded at this point...I know, it stings some people to hear it
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels proves RUSH are heavy metal for the 19th time!

:blaze: :NP: :guitar: :blah: :angel: :haz: :fury:

What makes something "heavy" metal? Please explain duckmandude

In this case the proof is ducky's word

I was so right, MASTERPIECE is the word!!!!!! RUSH ON!

Goodbye Clockwork Angels forum...sniff...gonna miss you

Where in the hell are ya going there Duff man?

:huh:

Nowhere, binary guy said he was closing down the CA forum...made me sad

I was in Wal-Mart a couple days ago. As I was walking by the music section I noticed a 5 CD set of classic Rush. I bought it and listened to FBN, 2112, AFTK, MP, and Signals. Not bad for $20 right? The intent was to try and compare Clockwork Angels with these works and see which one is more compelling. Clockwork Angels is bigger, longer, and more awesomer than those albums. Give me more please!!!
  • Like 1

I was in Wal-Mart a couple days ago. As I was walking by the music section I noticed a 5 CD set of classic Rush. I bought it and listened to FBN, 2112, AFTK, MP, and Signals. Not bad for $20 right? The intent was to try and compare Clockwork Angels with these works and see which one is more compelling. Clockwork Angels is bigger, longer, and more awesomer than those albums. Give me more please!!!

First of all, What an awesome deal! If I was putting together that package, I personally would've had 2112, AFTK, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and MP instead, but that's still a great collection.

Secondly, I do disagree. While, CA is absolutely great, I'd personally say that Signals, 2112, Moving Pictures and A Farewell To Kings are better. Fly by Night is definitely not as good as CA though.

That being said, the Anarchist is just as good as anything they've ever written.

Edited by Dscrapre
  • Like 2

First of all, What an awesome deal! If I was putting together that package, I personally would've had 2112, AFTK, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and MP instead, but that's still a great collection.

Secondly, I do disagree. While, CA is absolutely great, I'd personally say that Signals, 2112, Moving Pictures and A Farewell To Kings are better. Fly by Night is definitely not as good as CA though.

That being said, the Anarchist is just as good as anything they've ever written.

It was cool to find that...When I listened to the works I just keep coming back the the girth of the CA effort—it's massive (that's what she said), ambitious, and musically mature. Plus the songs (1-12) from start to finish are just fantastic. My personal top three, which are on the same level in my book are AFTK, PeW, and CA.
  • Like 1

It was cool to find that...When I listened to the works I just keep coming back the the girth of the CA effort—it's massive (that's what she said), ambitious, and musically mature. Plus the songs (1-12) from start to finish are just fantastic. My personal top three, which are on the same level in my book are AFTK, PeW, and CA.

I broke down and placed it back in rotation in my car's six cd changer. Had to do it and my kids were very happy I did!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

• Like 2

I broke down and placed it back in rotation in my car's six cd changer. Had to do it and my kids were very happy I did!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

keep the kids happy my man!

It's a very good album at this stage of their career but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

I think albums in general these days are too long and contain too many songs so inevitably there is a drop in quality on some tracks. Moving Pictures had just 7 tracks over 40 minutes and Hemispheres just 4 over 36.

With albums such as Clockwork Angels I feel that more is less and when I listen to the whole album in one go I find my interest wandering even during tracks I really like; The Wreckers and The Garden, for example, and that might be the production but more likely the album is putting too many demands on my time for listening to music.

Edited by Tony R

It's a very good album at this stage of their career but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

I think albums in general these days are too long and contain too many songs so inevitably there is a drop in quality on some tracks. Moving Pictures had just 7 tracks over 40 minutes and Hemispheres just 4 over 36.

With albums such as Clockwork Angels I feel that more is less and when I listen to the whole album in one go I find my interest wandering even during tracks I really like; The Wreckers and The Garden, for example, and that might be the production but more likely the album is putting too many demands on my time for listening to music.

Fair enough assessment Tripod Tony. Who really has the time to listen to an entire album in one sitting? To me, all the tracks are so amazing (WTW is the only buzzkill on the LP but still good, IMO some love it). I can't stop listening to Clockwork Angels...something must be wrong with me eh? Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Fair enough assessment Tripod Tony. Who really has the time to listen to an entire album in one sitting? To me, all the tracks are so amazing (WTW is the only buzzkill on the LP but still good, IMO some love it). I can't stop listening to Clockwork Angels...something must be wrong with me eh?

Not at all. I can remember the days when I would listen to the latest Rush album 3 or 4 times on the bounce for days on end. Then Grace Under Pressure was released...

Fair enough assessment Tripod Tony. Who really has the time to listen to an entire album in one sitting? To me, all the tracks are so amazing (WTW is the only buzzkill on the LP but still good, IMO some love it). I can't stop listening to Clockwork Angels...something must be wrong with me eh?

Not at all. I can remember the days when I would listen to the latest Rush album 3 or 4 times on the bounce for days on end. Then Grace Under Pressure was released...

I guess what's so compelling about this LP is that it's so metal...I love that aspect...it will kick your ass. When was the last time you could say that about a Rush album?

Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece, a once in a lifetime classic, I could mention a few of these that have graced our ears, over the years. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp. etc. I have alwats had a soft spot for Rush, I guess i can put that down to being a proud Canadian, living within a short distanceof the boys. From day 1, Rush caught me in there wonderful web of music. Over the years i have faithfully followed. attende there concerts, and really enjoyed there music. I guess being a true Canuck fan, i am naturally biased.I am the same age as Alex, Ged and neil, and i just want to express my heartfelt thanks, for all the beautiful music, you have given us throug the years. And to top it off with such a classic album, well words of thanks, would not suffice. Alex, Geddy, and Neil , Heartfelt thanks for making my life a lot brighter, with all your wonderful music. peace and love 2.gif

I could not agree more! :laughing guy:

The first time I listened to CA, I was disappointed. It was too busy and the instruments sounded all jumbled together. The second time I listened to it, I decided "The Wreckers" and "The Garden" were my favourites. The third time, I liked almost all the songs, and the album continued to grow on me. I do think it is a masterpiece - reading the book helped - it made me realize how all the songs are connected to each other and tell a story. Now I am thoroughly excited about hearing most of the songs played live this summer.

The first time I listened to CA, I was disappointed. It was too busy and the instruments sounded all jumbled together. The second time I listened to it, I decided "The Wreckers" and "The Garden" were my favourites. The third time, I liked almost all the songs, and the album continued to grow on me. I do think it is a masterpiece - reading the book helped - it made me realize how all the songs are connected to each other and tell a story. Now I am thoroughly excited about hearing most of the songs played live this summer.

I loved the album right from the start, it sounded so fresh and especially Alex's guitar solos and melodies are out of this world! :Alex:

Two threads:

Clockwork angels is a masterpiece - 9 pages

Clockwork angels sucks - 17 pages

Something wrong with this picture!!

... I'll assume troll activity lol

Two threads:

Clockwork angels is a masterpiece - 9 pages

Clockwork angels sucks - 17 pages

Something wrong with this picture!!

... I'll assume troll activity lol

One good negative post about Rush will bring the wrath of the board so really there's nothing wrong.

Edited by calirush