Clockwork Angel rehearsels

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 22 2012, 08:12 AM)
what do these people do when they're on the stage and not being used? i guess they'll just dim the lights in that section where they'll be. this whole thing seems very odd. unsure.gif

Ahmet Rozier,field correspondent of the Yukon Blade Grinder has an update coming out this week. I think those questions will be addressed in upcoming article. tongue.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 21 2012, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 20 2012, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 20 2012, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 20 2012, 05:12 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 19 2012, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 19 2012, 05:55 PM)
I'm very curious about what the orchestra will wear. Sure its not t shirt and jeans. Will they have a style of dress? Will it be tuxedos? Anybody have good ideas ???

I just kinda assumed in my mind they would wear black tuxedos.

But it's an excellent question. I like your idea with steampunk attire or red jumpsuits.

I know I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment...but when I heard they were bringing a string section....I envisioned a violinist going up to center stage to jam with Alex during Losing It.

They probably won't even play that song. But it would be very cool if they did!

My gut feeling is that they will go some kind of steampunk garb for the CA set just to blend in with the theatrics on screen. It's funny I say that and the first thing that pops into my head is Terry Gilliam's art. Can't see them wearing tuxedos and evening gowns (if chicks are in the orchestra).

trink39.gif

They will probably wear some type of boring black attire... but I like your ideas! yes.gif

From what I read of Alex's interview in Guitar World, the orchestra is going to be on stage for the entire show.

i can't believe it. the entire show? this is not good. eh.gif

ohmy.gif playing during neils solo ohmy.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 22 2012, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 22 2012, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 22 2012, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 22 2012, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (hermy @ Jul 21 2012, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 21 2012, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 21 2012, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jul 21 2012, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 21 2012, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 21 2012, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 21 2012, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 20 2012, 06:54 PM)
I'm very curious about what the orchestra will wear. Sure its not t shirt and jeans. Will they have a style of dress? Will it be tuxedos? Anybody have good ideas ???

But it's an excellent question. I like your idea with steampunk attire or red jumpsuits.

I know I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment...but when I heard they were bringing a string section....I envisioned a violinist going up to center stage to jam with Alex during Losing It.

My gut feeling is that they will go some kind of steampunk garb for the CA set just to blend in with the theatrics on screen. It's funny I say that and the first thing that pops into my head is Terry Gilliam's art. Can't see them wearing tuxedos and evening gowns (if chicks are in the orchestra).

trink39.gif

They will probably wear some type of boring black attire... but I like your ideas! yes.gif

From what I read of Alex's interview in Guitar World, the orchestra is going to be on stage for the entire show.

Not a good thing...a fantastic change of pace. They are playing a lot of stuff they never played live...that's what I want

that's what i want also but only use the orchestra for the songs it was intended for, not side b tunes, classics, or anything else that might be bringing to the table.

Just because they are on stage doesn't mean the orchestra will be incorporated into every song.

I hope you're right

me too. unsure.gif

I'm sure that Rush will utilize the string section appropriately. Just like they have on Clockwork Angels.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You damn pussies...drop the "O" word. It's an 8 piece string section for 6 songs on the back side of the stage.

They either push the trigger or have actual strings play it as it was recorded.

You cry-baby old school "high school" "shopping mall" wanna-bes can sure rain on a parade.

so you know for a fact that they are going to use the string orchestra for 6 songs?

He doesn't know shit

This guy also thinks Neil won the FIELDS medal too.

Alex has confirmed its for the entire show!

2.gif

Yeah, they'll be out there because it's probably more trouble and more time consuming to be switching them in and out for different songs. I can't see them incorporating the orchestra for every song.

yep, cant imagine them playing every song. interesting to see how they are going to incorporate the string section.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 22 2012, 08:17 AM)

trink39.gif

Not a good thing...a fantastic change of pace. They are playing a lot of stuff they never played live...that's what I want

that's what i want also but only use the orchestra for the songs it was intended for, not side b tunes, classics, or anything else that might be bringing to the table.

Just because they are on stage doesn't mean the orchestra will be incorporated into every song.

I hope you're right

me too. unsure.gif

I'm sure that Rush will utilize the string section appropriately. Just like they have on Clockwork Angels.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You damn pussies...drop the "O" word. It's an 8 piece string section for 6 songs on the back side of the stage.

You cry-baby old school "high school" "shopping mall" wanna-bes can sure rain on a parade.

so you know for a fact that they are going to use the string orchestra for 6 songs?

He doesn't know shit

2.gif

Yeah, they'll be out there because it's probably more trouble and more time consuming to be switching them in and out for different songs. I can't see them incorporating the orchestra for every song.

Thye will most likely be on stage the whole time except the Encore. They will probably be showcased with lights when they are playing they will be lights on them , otherwise they will be in the shadows or darkened.

yes.gif

trink39.gif

No it is not

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:22 PM)
Oh boo f***ing hoo. If you guys are that upset about the strings, don't go. I'm going to enjoy the show because I don't care what they do.

Amen brotha man!!! trink39.gif

Plus, we are going to see new songs performed. These guys aim for giving you every ounce of energy when they play.

I'm just happy they are still together and making great music still...Strings will be fantastic!!! i just have my preferences of what they play. i don't want tired classics...however, I give them my money with a smile and a thank you.

Oh boo f***ing hoo. If you guys are that upset about the strings, don't go. I'm going to enjoy the show because I don't care what they do.

Maybe they will do all of Roll The Bones, see how much fun that will be

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 12:34 PM)

Roll the Bones??? Gawd no!!!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 01:34 PM)

This is the CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR, not the Roll the Bones tour. And even if they did decide to play the whole album, I wouldn't care, they could play Test For Echo for all they care. They can do whatever they want. If I deem that it isn't worth my money, I just won't go. But I won't criticize them for doing what they want.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 23 2012, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 01:34 PM)

This is the CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR, not the Roll the Bones tour. And even if they did decide to play the whole album, I wouldn't care, they could play Test For Echo for all they care. They can do whatever they want. If I deem that it isn't worth my money, I just won't go. But I won't criticize them for doing what they want.

I know what tour it is , don't get your thong in a bunch, it was a joke . I am not losing sleep over the strings , i just prefer they don't have them

if that happened you would see more movement towards the exits than a army of ants heading towards the cookie jar.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 01:30 PM)

if that happened you would see more movement towards the exits than a army of ants heading towards the cookie jar.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks to Default236 pointing out that Geddy mentions in his latest interview that he will use an octaver during The Anarchist. So now we know of two songs fron Clockwork Angels that will be played live.

Known Set List

Carnies

The Anarchist

The Rest

???

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 23 2012, 02:49 PM)
Thanks to Default236 pointing out that Geddy mentions in his latest interview that he will use an octaver during The Anarchist. So now we know of two songs fron Clockwork Angels that will be played live.

Known Set List

Carnies
The Anarchist

The Rest

???

so as of now we know they are going to play,

the spirit of radio

tom sawyer

caravan new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

bu2b new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

the anarchist 1022.gif

carnies 1022.gif

far cry new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 23 2012, 02:49 PM)

Known Set List

Carnies
The Anarchist

The Rest

???

Two of my favorites from CA biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 22 2012, 08:17 AM)

trink39.gif

I hope you're right

me too. unsure.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

He doesn't know shit

2.gif

It's built into the staging on Geds side to have them quietly come and go for the 6 songs they will be playing on.

The lights dim and they are there....they dim again and they are gone.

Some are born to move the world

To live their fantasies

But most of us just dream about

The things we'd like to be

Given the expense of bringing these guys on for (presumably) the whole tour, why does everyone assume they'll only play for 6 (or 4 or 7 or whatever) songs?

Chances are, they will be playing on at least half the songs throughout the entire show.

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 23 2012, 09:33 PM)
Given the expense of bringing these guys on for (presumably) the whole tour, why does everyone assume they'll only play for 6 (or 4 or 7 or whatever) songs?

Chances are, they will be playing on at least half the songs throughout the entire show.

I'll take that bet......

I gladly take Paypal!

QUOTE (hermy @ Jul 23 2012, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 23 2012, 09:33 PM)

I'll take that bet......

I gladly take Paypal!

Alex already said they are being incorporated into the entire show. they are playing on older songs, songs they never played live before....git'cher popcorn ready folks!!!

popcorn.gif