Clockwork Angels Debuts at #2

Jag2112

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 20 2012, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jun 20 2012, 11:45 AM)
I still think it's going to follow the well-established arc for previous Rush albums. Rush fans buy quickly.

yes.gif That's it.

Us diehards buy it immediately, skyrocket the album up the charts, and then it plummets fast because diehards all have it and nobody else is interested.

And the depressing thing is Usher will probably stay high on the charts for a long time ( 062802puke_prv.gif ). I can safely say without having heard a single note, that it's not 100th the album that Clockwork Angels is.

And I would agree with you 100%.

yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 20 2012, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jun 20 2012, 11:45 AM)
I still think it's going to follow the well-established arc for previous Rush albums. Rush fans buy quickly.

yes.gif That's it.

Us diehards buy it immediately, skyrocket the album up the charts, and then it plummets fast because diehards all have it and nobody else is interested.

And the depressing thing is Usher will probably stay high on the charts for a long time ( 062802puke_prv.gif ). I can safely say without having heard a single note, that it's not 100th the album that Clockwork Angels is.

rofl3.gif ssshhh, don't wake him up, or we will get a lecture on Usher

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 20 2012, 11:57 AM)
Usher's not horrible, c'mon guys, he's an R&B singer, not a rapper. The women love him, that's why Rush didn't get No. 1. We don't have many women in the "club".

I've heard 3 or 4 Usher songs. Completely disposable IMHO...

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 20 2012, 01:57 PM)
Usher's not horrible, c'mon guys, he's an R&B singer, not a rapper. The women love him, that's why Rush didn't get No. 1. We don't have many women in the "club".

Perhaps you could go to the Usher Forum confused13.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 20 2012, 01:59 PM)

I think you're allowed to like Rush and also like R&B!

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 20 2012, 02:21 PM)

I think you're allowed to like Rush and also like R&B!

correct, but go to the Usher forum, there are plenty of people willing to discuss him, i am sure biggrin.gif

Usher is horrible for a 2 things ............

His music sucks

He gave Justin Beiber his big break . Thats right, No Usher , No Beiber

FU*K Usher and the beiber he rode in on

Oh boy. Now you're going to follow me around? Look here, I'm presenting refutable facts here, not bashing Rush. I'm not saying I LOVE Usher, nor do I ever listen to his music. I'm just saying it's not as bad as some other stuff out there.

That said, f**k him for giving Beiber a god damn break. If Beiber died in a f***ing crash I wouldn't care, because he's such a prick.

Yes, it will drop off the charts quick after a few weeks, but for a classic rock band to sell 103,000 copies of a new album in it's first week is very impressive. You don't see that too often anymore when bands who have been around as long as Rush release new material.

applaudit.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 04:32 PM)
Yes, it will drop off the charts quick after a few weeks, but for a classic rock band to sell 103,000 copies of a new album in it's first week is very impressive. You don't see that too often anymore when bands who have been around as long as Rush release new material.

applaudit.gif 2.gif

Anyone know offhand how many Van Halen sold in their first week with their recent album? confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 04:32 PM)

applaudit.gif  2.gif

Anyone know offhand how many Van Halen sold in their first week with their recent album? confused13.gif

according to wikipedia,

Despite Van Halen's extraordinarily long lay-off between studio albums, "A Different Kind of Truth" sold 188,000 copies during its first six days of release

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 06:32 PM)

applaudit.gif 2.gif

it was hyped up well by roadrunner.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 20 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 06:32 PM)

applaudit.gif  2.gif

it was hyped up well by roadrunner.

I'll take your word for that since I never saw much hype or what kind of things they did to promote the album. I certainly never saw any commercial spots for it or heard Headlong Flight too much on the radio.