Experiencing Clockwork Angels old school

eshine

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jun 4 2012, 11:29 AM)
Waiting to hear new songs live (9/11) before deciding whether or not CA deserves a purchase. Until then.......

2.gif

It's like $12 bucks dude..

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jun 4 2012, 12:21 PM)
I'm not looking for the leak too. I don't want to listen to the crappy 192kbps mp3 files. I want the full experience of the CD or the vinyl!!! So, waiting continues - old school!!! 1022.gif

As mp3s go, 192 doesn't sound bad. But still not as good as the CD. I can wait a week...

I....can....wait.... scared.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 4 2012, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 12:12 PM)
I have only listened to the 3 songs that were released and it's staying that way until june 12th , Old School 1022.gif

I've listened to the :30 clips, but won't download the leaks. I'll wait until next week when I buy the CD. Then I'll bring it home and blast it over my big speakers, the way you're supposed to.

Damn Straight....................Old School 1022.gif

True...only $12 but would rather spend it on something worth listening to over and over rather than something that only deserves one play. Know what I mean?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 4 2012, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jun 4 2012, 12:21 PM)
I'm not looking for the leak too. I don't want to listen to the crappy 192kbps mp3 files. I want the full experience of the CD or the vinyl!!! So, waiting continues - old school!!!  1022.gif

As mp3s go, 192 doesn't sound bad. But still not as good as the CD. I can wait a week...

I....can....wait.... scared.gif

Agreed.

There are some who can tell the difference between 192 and 320 or between 320 and the CD - but for the majority of us who can't wink.gif the 192 mp3's sound good. Less than that, I think anyone with ears can hear the difference, but 192 is nothing to sneeze at, IMO.

Not only do I want the full sound of the CD - I want a booklet with lyrics!!! We're talking about Rush!!!

I have not listened to the clips nor do I intend to.

Next Tuesday I will pick up the CD (along with my fan pack which is on the way, and the double vinyl coming that week from the Backstage Club).

I will then proceed to my man cave, spark up some organic party favors, put on my fostex studio digital headphones, pull out the liner notes and lyrics, and sink into Rush bliss.

Old school baby.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 4 2012, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 12:12 PM)
I have only listened to the 3 songs that were released and it's staying that way until june 12th , Old School 1022.gif

I've listened to the :30 clips, but won't download the leaks. I'll wait until next week when I buy the CD. Then I'll bring it home and blast it over my big speakers, the way you're supposed to.

Yep, me too. I'm not going to download the leaks. I will quietly resist, and wait for the real thing!

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 4 2012, 01:29 PM)
I have not listened to the clips nor do I intend to.

Next Tuesday I will pick up the CD (along with my fan pack which is on the way, and the double vinyl coming that week from the Backstage Club).

I will then proceed to my man cave, spark up some organic party favors, put on my fostex studio digital headphones, pull out the liner notes and lyrics, and sink into Rush bliss.

Old school baby.

Aw yeah - THIS is the way to go!

trink39.gif

Well, I have listened to the clips. But those are legal. I refuse to listen to or download the entire album. I'll be fine for another week, just getting more excited. 1022.gif

I was on the fence about what to do. Just yesterday my brother helped me get the whole album online- very tempting to listen to the whole thing.

I did listen to clips & put the Clockwork Angels title track on my ipod and listened to it, but decided I will go old school for the rest- wait till Tuesday & go to the mall & pick up the CD. With an album this good it only seems proper to go old school. 1022.gif

Edited by jacob's ladder

I haven't downloaded the leak or listened to the clips. My fan pack arrived on Tuesday. Since then - old school - yeah baybee!!! 653.gif