Too Many Recent Tours...

shabadoo25

Over saturation + fans are beginning to see through the farce which is LiveNation/TicketMaster.

The concert industry and all it's parts including ticketing are broken.

Corporate greed now rules to a point like we've never seen before and the fans are starting to speak by keeping their wallets in their pockets.

Yes, there will be a few sellouts on this tour. But for the most part RUSH will be lucky if they average 66% capacity in the venues they're playing this time around.

QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ May 25 2012, 01:49 PM)
Tampa has 3k tickets for sale in the back sections. No lawn for sale with so many of these left available.

Maybe Rush's touring has hit the saturation point...

How do you know how many tickets are still left?

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 25 2012, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ May 25 2012, 01:49 PM)
Tampa has 3k tickets for sale in the back sections.  No lawn for sale with so many of these left available.

How do you know how many tickets are still left?

the interactive map

It's not the fact that Rush is touring too much. Rush fans can't have too much Rush. It's the fact that the economy's in the shitter and even Rush fans will choose food/a place to stay over a Rush concert.

Tough times...demand cheaper ticket prices. Not that Rush has anything to do with that...

I agree with the points made here. I think all the reasons listed are factors.

Personally, getting beyond the fact ticketmaster charging $26 fees on a $154 ticket is a criminal act, I am not crazy about the venue here in Los Angeles which is why I am hesitating. The sound at Gibson Ampitheater sucked for Time Machine and I was disappointed they went back there. Also, the place has been allowed to deteriorate. I am sure the venue is way down the list of reasons someone won't attend but it is impacting my decision a little bit as well.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 25 2012, 02:32 PM)
I don't think so....there are still 5 months until the show.

This.

Yes, us diehard fans will make the decision immediately to go to a Rush show no matter when the tickets go on sale. But for a lot of fans making plans 5-6 months ahead of time for a concert isn't ideal. I wasn't expecting tickets for this tour to go on sale as fast as they did, my show went on sale last month and it doesn't happen until October 26th. I was expecting maybe four months in advance they would go on sale but they caught me surprise by doing it six months before. I'm sure i'm not the only one who was surprised by that since most shows usually go on sale about four months ahead of time.

If ticket sales are sluggish is some areas it has to do with putting them on sale too soon and obviously the higher prices means people may not have the cash right away. Though I will say having 3,000 tickets left for a show that doesn't happen until this fall isn't bad by any means. By the day of the show most of these concerts will have a respectable amount of people there.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 25 2012, 10:03 PM)
A tour every 2 years or so... oh yeah MAJOR overkill

eyesre4.gif

S&A - 07/08

TM - 10/11

CA - 12/13

They've toured 6 of the last 7 years.

I'm not complaining just stating the fact that the lackluster sales have a bit to do with over saturation.

QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ May 25 2012, 10:49 AM)
Tampa has 3k tickets for sale in the back sections.  No lawn for sale with so many of these left available.

I ended up getting two tickets in section fourteen because the lawn tickets were not available. I didn't want to gamble on them not going on sale. That being said, lawn tickets should be available regardless. Some folks like the price, comfort, space and atmosphere of it. How many people will the Amphitheater hold? It's still early but to me. The lawn tickets should be available regardless. 2.gif

I think it has to do with the economy more than anything, specially in Tampa! The Economy is not good there! So I think people are holding their $$$ until the concert gets closer. Its in November for Pete's sake. Now that said, the service fees that Live Nation is charging per tickets is criminal. The Goverment should step in and do something about that! it's a Monopoly what they have there!

dazed025.gif

Obviously a band with such fanatic fans as Rush could suffer in ticket sales because of touring too much....in fact, constant touring definitely didn't work for bands like the Grateful Dead, Phish, etc. In fact, I wish Rush would stop touring!

QUOTE (troutman @ May 25 2012, 11:17 PM)
How many people will the Amphitheater hold?

There are about 10,000 reserved seats and room for about the same on the lawn or something like that....It has a capacity of 20,000 none the less....and the three times I've seen 2.gif there, it's been close to capacity.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 26 2012, 05:11 AM)
In fact, I wish Rush would stop touring!

cool10.gif and trink38.gif is not always a good combination.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 25 2012, 11:10 PM)

eyesre4.gif

S&A - 07/08

TM - 10/11

CA - 12/13

I'm not complaining just stating the fact that the lackluster sales have a bit to do with over saturation.

Look at bands like Styx or Def Leppard they tour every summer (literally) and sometimes come around multiple times a year. They seem to get venues close to capacity

I think it's the economy. Rush puts on the best show for the buck. Fuel prices filter down to everything, it costs lots of money to transport the gear, the band, staff, and the roadies across the continent.

Of course that shows up in the ticket prices and that's why I believe it costs twice as much as it did to see them ten years ago. With unemployment being high and gas prices are up as well, that is probably the reason there are so many tickets left in some venues.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 26 2012, 07:49 AM)

eyesre4.gif

S&A - 07/08

TM - 10/11

CA - 12/13

Look at bands like Styx or Def Leppard they tour every summer (literally) and sometimes come around multiple times a year. They seem to get venues close to capacity

Yeah, Def Leppard plays pretty much the same greatest hits set and the same venues just about every summer and they always do well. The big difference with Rush doing two legs on the last few tours is that I don't think they hit the same places on both legs. The first leg would be the main markets and then the second leg would just be secondary markets they didn't get to the first time. So, even though they've done two legs of a tour they pretty much are only stopping at every venue once every two years. Which I wouldn't consider to be oversaturating the market too much.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 26 2012, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 26 2012, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 26 2012, 05:11 AM)
In fact, I wish Rush would stop touring!

cool10.gif and trink38.gif is not always a good combination.

I was jokin' brother

Uh - sorry, couldn't see the cynicism in your post. wink.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 26 2012, 07:49 AM)

eyesre4.gif

S&A - 07/08

TM - 10/11

CA - 12/13

That's because they tour with Loverboy and Joan Jett...

tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 25 2012, 10:10 PM)
S&A - 07/08
TM - 10/11
CA - 12/13

The tour break down.

2011 TM tour

2010 TM tour

2009 no tour

2008 S&A tour

2007 S&A tour

2006 no tour

2005 1 date for this year (Jan 13 2005) it was taped for Canada for Asia which technically was over (2004-10-01).

2004 R30

So by 6 of 7 years as you said is not correct. Technically 5 of 7 were tours, but one date from a year does not constitute a tour year so I would say the last 4 of 7 years. just saying...