I'm honestly kind of dreading CA

rushgoober

It's a RUSH album, how can anyone doubt it will be great and have something every type of RUSH FAN can appreciate.

It might not end up being one of your favorites, but we already have 3 great tunes, so why worry? It can only get better.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 19 2012, 07:03 AM)
I guess the problem with such a long wait for an album (considering it was announced 2 years ago) is there's just too much damn time to give the situation a lot more thought than it probably deserves.

My skepticism about CA, despite the stellar pre-release industry reviews, is growing.

The problem is, I'm just not digging the first three songs. HF is definitely better than the first two, but even that I'm finding a chore to listen to.

If it wasn't for having heard one-quarter of the songs already, and not getting into them, I would be excited. I thought S&A was a very good album, and I liked or loved more than half the songs. With CA, IMHO we're not off to a good start.

I'm still hoping for 1 or 2 great songs. I feel I'd be REALLY lucky to get 3. When I'm really honest with myself, however, hoping for 1 or 2 great songs, and thinking 3 great songs is probably wishful thinking, isn't really that great. It seems a long, long time ago that it was a given that a new impending Rush album would be consistent and awesome.

People keep encouraging me to appreciate new Rush for what it is and not compare it to their old stuff, and that's all well and great, but the songs still have to be of at least a certain quality for me to want to play them, and what I've heard so far isn't quite making the cut.

I know "dread" is a strong word to use, but I'm just not looking forward to what I fear will be yet another late career, sub-standard release. Some will say I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I feel if anything I'm trying to prevent myself from being disappointed by keeping my expectations, based on my experience with the album so far, in check. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have unrealistic expectations crushed.

Don't get me wrong, I will get the album the first day of release and devour it ASAP. I WILL listen with an open mind, and I truly WANT to love every new song, but my hope and enthusiasm is dwindling. I'm anxious about it, but not really in an excited way - more in a wanting to get it over with way.

Feel free to accuse me of excessive negativity if you must, but these are my honest thoughts on the matter. It might not be the most popular point of view, and I'm sure I'm in a small minority, but I don't think I'm the only one who feels similarly either...

after reading rushgoobers comments on the tracks not cutting it, or being sub par for his tastes. Back away from the crack pipe and get the help you need from a intervention of some kind.

This album already is one of the best "sounding" efforts they have made---ever!!! How can you dread this newest offering when it obviously kicks so much ass??? IMO Rush sounds fresh and energized thanks to the production team they chose and the strategy to get the best playing they could muster.

Rush has finally come full circle!!! RushGoober get a clue and crawl out of the darkness. You sound pretentious...and ultimately---childish

beathorse.gif

All the supposed fans (losers, asses, puds, attention seeking scum) that are dreading Clockwork Angels need to get a life and get off MY forum. You trolls know who you are, just go over to the hatefest at Counterparts, get out your Peart hate and leave this forum to actual fans of Rush that like Rush music. Certainly we can discuss the new album, but not liking the 3 new songs is total BS. Your opinion is wrong. GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM YOU HATERS!!! I'm a fanboy and proud of it. Sure Rush is not perfect, but the 3 songs we have heard kick total ass. GET THE HELL OFF OF MY FORUM YOU RUSH HATING PRICKS!!! I don't need your negativity, I don't need you stupid mindless comments for the music that is Rush. GET THE HELL OFF THIS SITE YOU F'N RUSH HATERS! GET A LIFE AND GO F YOURSELF!!! GO KICK YOUR DOG, BEAT UP YOUR KIDS, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR MISERABLE SELF AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE!!! 2.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 23 2012, 08:26 AM)
All the supposed fans (losers, asses, puds, attention seeking scum) that are dreading Clockwork Angels need to get a life and get off MY forum. You trolls know who you are, just go over to the hatefest at Counterparts, get out your Peart hate and leave this forum to actual fans of Rush that like Rush music. Certainly we can discuss the new album, but not liking the 3 new songs is total BS. Your opinion is wrong. GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM YOU HATERS!!! I'm a fanboy and proud of it. Sure Rush is not perfect, but the 3 songs we have heard kick total ass. GET THE HELL OFF OF MY FORUM YOU RUSH HATING PRICKS!!! I don't need your negativity, I don't need you stupid mindless comments for the music that is Rush. GET THE HELL OFF THIS SITE YOU F'N RUSH HATERS! GET A LIFE AND GO F YOURSELF!!! GO KICK YOUR DOG, BEAT UP YOUR KIDS, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR MISERABLE SELF AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE!!! 2.gif

I was digging the new songs until I read this. Now, I'm going to start hating them just so I can justifiably say "fck you".

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ May 23 2012, 08:14 AM)
I guess the problem with such a long wait for an album (considering it was announced 2 years ago) is there's just too much damn time to give the situation a lot more thought than it probably deserves.

My skepticism about CA, despite the stellar pre-release industry reviews, is growing. 

The problem is, I'm just not digging the first three songs.  HF is definitely better than the first two, but even that I'm finding a chore to listen to.

If it wasn't for having heard one-quarter of the songs already, and not getting into them, I would be excited.  I thought S&A was a very good album, and I liked or loved more than half the songs.  With CA, IMHO we're not off to a good start.

I'm still hoping for 1 or 2 great songs.  I feel I'd be REALLY lucky to get 3.  When I'm really honest with myself, however, hoping for 1 or 2 great songs, and thinking 3 great songs is probably wishful thinking, isn't really that great. It seems a long, long time ago that it was a given that a new impending Rush album would be consistent and awesome. 

People keep encouraging me to appreciate new Rush for what it is and not compare it to their old stuff, and that's all well and great, but the songs still have to be of at least a certain quality for me to want to play them, and what I've heard so far isn't quite making the cut.

I know "dread" is a strong word to use, but I'm just not looking forward to what I fear will be yet another late career, sub-standard release.  Some will say I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I feel if anything I'm trying to prevent myself from being disappointed by keeping my expectations, based on my experience with the album so far, in check.  I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have unrealistic expectations crushed.

Don't get me wrong, I will get the album the first day of release and devour it ASAP.  I WILL listen with an open mind, and I truly WANT to love every new song, but my hope and enthusiasm is dwindling.  I'm anxious about it, but not really in an excited way - more in a wanting to get it over with way.

Feel free to accuse me of excessive negativity if you must, but these are my honest thoughts on the matter.  It might not be the most popular point of view, and I'm sure I'm in a small minority, but I don't think I'm the only one who feels similarly either...

after reading rushgoobers comments on the tracks not cutting it, or being sub par for his tastes. Back away from the crack pipe and get the help you need from a intervention of some kind.

This album already is one of the best "sounding" efforts they have made---ever!!! How can you dread this newest offering when it obviously kicks so much ass??? IMO Rush sounds fresh and energized thanks to the production team they chose and the strategy to get the best playing they could muster.

Rush has finally come full circle!!! RushGoober get a clue and crawl out of the darkness. You sound pretentious...and ultimately---childish

beathorse.gif

What a great first post! You are clearly right - your opinion is totally more valid than his, because as we all know, opinions are facts when you are the one spouting them.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ May 23 2012, 09:14 AM)

The problem is, I'm just not digging the first three songs.  HF is definitely better than the first two, but even that I'm finding a chore to listen to.

If it wasn't for having heard one-quarter of the songs already, and not getting into them, I would be excited.  I thought S&A was a very good album, and I liked or loved more than half the songs.  With CA, IMHO we're not off to a good start.

I'm still hoping for 1 or 2 great songs.  I feel I'd be REALLY lucky to get 3.  When I'm really honest with myself, however, hoping for 1 or 2 great songs, and thinking 3 great songs is probably wishful thinking, isn't really that great. It seems a long, long time ago that it was a given that a new impending Rush album would be consistent and awesome. 

I know "dread" is a strong word to use, but I'm just not looking forward to what I fear will be yet another late career, sub-standard release.  Some will say I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I feel if anything I'm trying to prevent myself from being disappointed by keeping my expectations, based on my experience with the album so far, in check.  I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have unrealistic expectations crushed.

Don't get me wrong, I will get the album the first day of release and devour it ASAP.  I WILL listen with an open mind, and I truly WANT to love every new song, but my hope and enthusiasm is dwindling.  I'm anxious about it, but not really in an excited way - more in a wanting to get it over with way.

Feel free to accuse me of excessive negativity if you must, but these are my honest thoughts on the matter.  It might not be the most popular point of view, and I'm sure I'm in a small minority, but I don't think I'm the only one who feels similarly either...

beathorse.gif

Welcome to TRF! Come out the gate swinging, eh? laugh.gif

It's sometimes hard to gauge goobers real feelings, since he resorts to shtick, but he does like Rush. Love and respect, not so much, but when you're thick with shtick it really gets in the way.

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 23 2012, 09:26 AM)

I recommend you take a break from TRF. Come back next month and let us know what you think of the new album.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 23 2012, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 23 2012, 08:26 AM)
All the supposed fans (losers, asses, puds, attention seeking scum) that are dreading Clockwork Angels need to get a life and get off MY forum.  You trolls know who you are, just go over to the hatefest at Counterparts, get out your Peart hate and leave this forum to actual fans of Rush that like Rush music.  Certainly we can discuss the new album, but not liking the 3 new songs is total BS.  Your opinion is wrong.  GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM YOU HATERS!!!  I'm a fanboy and proud of it.  Sure Rush is not perfect, but the 3 songs we have heard kick total ass. GET THE HELL OFF OF MY FORUM YOU RUSH HATING PRICKS!!!  I don't need your negativity, I don't need you stupid mindless comments for the music that is Rush.  GET THE HELL OFF THIS SITE YOU F'N RUSH HATERS!  GET A LIFE AND GO F YOURSELF!!!  GO KICK YOUR DOG, BEAT UP YOUR KIDS, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR MISERABLE SELF AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE!!! 2.gif

I was digging the new songs until I read this. Now, I'm going to start hating them just so I can justifiably say "fck you".

F U back you G D Troll goob lover !

Good bye you loser hater trolls.

Like anybody cares, I'm outta here for good. Life is better without me reading about haters hating what I love, which is Rush music.

I will miss the positive conversations and the good people I have met at shows through the forum.

I am truly looking forward to the new album and tour, unlike other Rush fans that spew hate just because people love Rush.

Saying good bye to wasting anymore time on internet forums with just a few dumbasses and their stupid hating comments, just to get a rise from fanboys like me.

Soon enough Spoilers will appear about the tour (already plenty enough about the album) and will ruining MY Rush experience, just as the Trolls have ruined this site for me, out.

Life will be better without the haters. You trolls know who you are and you are no better than the fuzz on my butt. Hate on that beeyatches.

Oh yeah RUSH ROCKS!

2.gif

Wow.....we've got uncertain likeability about the upcoming album (complete with the predictable fanboi pile-on).....

Then we've got sexual overatures.......

Users advocating smoking marijuana......

And then this pile steaming crap:

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 23 2012, 10:26 AM)
All the supposed fans (losers, asses, puds, attention seeking scum) that are dreading Clockwork Angels need to get a life and get off MY forum.  You trolls know who you are, just go over to the hatefest at Counterparts, get out your Peart hate and leave this forum to actual fans of Rush that like Rush music.  Certainly we can discuss the new album, but not liking the 3 new songs is total BS.  Your opinion is wrong.  GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM YOU HATERS!!!  I'm a fanboy and proud of it.  Sure Rush is not perfect, but the 3 songs we have heard kick total ass. GET THE HELL OFF OF MY FORUM YOU RUSH HATING PRICKS!!!  I don't need your negativity, I don't need you stupid mindless comments for the music that is Rush.  GET THE HELL OFF THIS SITE YOU F'N RUSH HATERS!  GET A LIFE AND GO F YOURSELF!!!  GO KICK YOUR DOG, BEAT UP YOUR KIDS, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR MISERABLE SELF AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE!!! 2.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69cSKzWCAYk

Heaven help you if you dare question whether YOU might possibly not like something.... confused13.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 23 2012, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 23 2012, 10:08 AM)
Was... was that actually serious?  wacko.gif

I'm seriously doubting it.

If it was serious, somebody needs to tell him to get past puberty before posting again. yes.gif

Wait.....I guess I just did.

Cheers to me. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ May 23 2012, 09:14 AM)

beathorse.gif

Cool first post, bro.

Because he doesn't agree with your opinion, he is childish?

Might be the other way 'round.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 23 2012, 11:39 AM)
...and just to be clear, not all of us Fanboi's are expected to leave here, right?! unsure.gif

Oh I hope not? Where would we go? What would we do?

scared.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 23 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 23 2012, 11:39 AM)
...and just to be clear, not all of us Fanboi's are expected to leave here, right?!  unsure.gif

Oh I hope not? Where would we go?

Your next setlist thread ?

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 23 2012, 10:26 AM)

http://www.highestfive.com/wp-content/uploads/Psychiatrist-300x257.jpg

"and how does writing this make you feel?"