Odd Sandwich Combos

Babycat

Tbh, there are some strange food combos in a sandwich, but I wouldn't be likely to eat anything like the list I found unless I had the serious case of cravings... Or the munchies.

Here is the list of odd sandwich combos:

Crisp sandwiches

Chip sandwiches

Fish-finger sandwiches

Chocolate chilli con carne sandwiches

Peanut butter and jam sandwiches

Ice cream and chips sandwiches

Banana sandwiches

Tomato ketchup sandwiches

Cheese and chocolate sandwiches

Banana and tomato sauce sandwiches

Mayonnaise (on toast)

Anyone else make strange combos..?

Thoughts?

I hope I haven't weirded anyone out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sound like mother-in-the-making combinations.

Although I have had fish finger sandwiches. And while not typically served on a sandwich, chocolate and chili con carne is very similar to a traditional Mexican dish - mole. (pronounced moe-leh, not like the small rodent)

QUOTE (ioc @ May 18 2012, 04:52 AM)

Although I have had fish finger sandwiches. And while not typically served on a sandwich, chocolate and chili con carne is very similar to a traditional Mexican dish - mole. (pronounced moe-leh, not like the small rodent)

It's pronounced mohleh, not really moeleh. Just pointing that out, as a Mexican who loves mole!

And yes, sometimes it is even made with peanut butter. It's very strange but chocolate as a sauce for meat would not seemed to far-fetched after trying this. It's not all chocolate though? Here are spices and many other ingredients, depending on who makes it.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 18 2012, 05:52 AM)

laugh.gif

Weirdest sandwich I ever have is peanut butter and bananas. I like it on toast best.

Crisp sandwiches - not odd at all

Chip sandwiches - not odd at all

Fish-finger sandwiches - not odd at all

Chocolate chilli con carne sandwiches - very odd

Peanut butter and jam sandwiches - very odd (but then I don't like peanut butter)

Ice cream and chips sandwiches-extremely odd

Banana sandwiches-quite nice actually

Tomato ketchup sandwiches-need something else as well as the ketchup

Cheese and chocolate sandwiches-I have tried the chocolate philly cheese - not too bad

Banana and tomato sauce sandwiches-wrong in so many ways

Mayonnaise (on toast) - nasty (I don't like mayo)

Some sandwiches I have had, or know about:

Potted Beef and crisps (salt and vinegar are best)

Pie Barm - basically a pie (meat and potato usually) in a bread bun

Mucky Fat wub.gif

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 18 2012, 07:56 AM)

It's pronounced mohleh, not really moeleh. Just pointing that out, as a Mexican who loves mole!

And yes, sometimes it is even made with peanut butter. It's very strange but chocolate as a sauce for meat would not seemed to far-fetched after trying this. It's not all chocolate though? Here are spices and many other ingredients, depending on who makes it.

How the heck do you pronounce, "Moe?" wink.gif

Yeah, I've had it with peanut butter as well. [sings: "you've got your peanut butter in my chocolate mole!"] Guess it depends where in Mexico you're from. Oddly enough, my grandmother's had neither. Don't know what that was about.

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 18 2012, 04:00 AM)
Chocolate chilli con carne sandwiches

In my book, chocolate is a must-have ingredient in any great chili! yes.gif (no joke)

But on a sandwich.......? ohmy.gif Hmmmmm not so sure about that one.

Mmmm...mole... "mole" means "sauce" so when someone says mole sauce they are being redundant. wink.gif

Some versions of mole contain bananas. They serve as a thickener. Cinnamon is another ingredient that often appears in mole. I always add a sprinkle in my chili.

As for weird sandwich combos... I like peanut butter and butter. And sometimes I will put chips (crisps) on my tuna salad sandwich.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ May 19 2012, 04:02 AM)
I've done potato chip sandwiches. Sometimes those are pretty good. Honestly, potato chips are a fine addition to any sandwich.

yes.gif Love potato chips on a sandwich new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love peanut butter and I love bananas, but not together no.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ May 18 2012, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 18 2012, 07:56 AM)

How the heck do you pronounce, "Moe?" wink.gif

Yeah, I've had it with peanut butter as well. [sings: "you've got your peanut butter in my chocolate mole!"] Guess it depends where in Mexico you're from. Oddly enough, my grandmother's had neither. Don't know what that was about.

Well, sorry, I guess I should've stressed it's not an English O sound, but a !exican one. I can't think of an English equivalent. Somewhere in between the au in audacity and the oe on moe.

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 18 2012, 06:08 AM)

laugh.gif

Weirdest sandwich I ever have is peanut butter and bananas. I like it on toast best.

That's not a weird combo at all! In fact, grilled Nutella and banana sandwiches are a mom specialty here. Come over and I'll make you one.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 19 2012, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 18 2012, 06:08 AM)

laugh.gif

That's not a weird combo at all! In fact, grilled Nutella and banana sandwiches are a mom specialty here. Come over and I'll make you one.

goodpost.gif

One of the best sandwiches I ever made was peanut butter + nutella + banana. Om nom nom nom

People used to think I was weird for eating un-toasted cheese sandwiches. What's so crazy about bread and cheese ('specially if you've got some nommy cheese like gouda and artisan French bread)?

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 19 2012, 11:56 PM)
I grew up eating a lot of peanut butter and honey - a sticky mess, but good, especially when you don't care for jelly, as I don't.

Me too! I don't mind jelly, but peanut butter and honey is so much better!

QUOTE (KenJennings @ May 21 2012, 02:42 PM)
How is peanut butter and jam even remotely odd?

I demanded to know this too. We shall continue to wait.

My curiosity is growing though.

While on the subject... a toasted PB&J (be it jelly OR jam) is amazing. The peanut butter gets all warm and gooey and the jelly heats up. It's fantastic. A kid treat for sure.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 21 2012, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ May 21 2012, 02:42 PM)
How is peanut butter and jam even remotely odd?

I demanded to know this too. We shall continue to wait.

My curiosity is growing though.

While on the subject... a toasted PB&J (be it jelly OR jam) is amazing. The peanut butter gets all warm and gooey and the jelly heats up. It's fantastic. A kid treat for sure.

I kind of meant jam as in English jam. Not jelly. Besides, I'm sure there are way weirder concoctions than peanut butter and jam...