You tube

losingit2k

The great thing about Youtube is that once a tour has started you can pick the one song from the set list that you like the least and Watch it over and over on you tube. Then when you actually go to the show you'll have no problems leaving during that specific song for beer, food , cool10.gif , pee-break, 062802puke_prv.gif from the beer. hug2.gif with your date!

Basically, you can plan your escape and not miss a darn thing!

Any thoughts or hints on how you plan your escapes?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

The last couple tours they had a "religion sucks" part of the set. (Faithless, BU2B, Freewill) and that's when I went to buy my tour shirt and use the mens room.

I'm not going to look up the setlist for CA because I want to be surprised.. so I'm not sure when I'll go. I got the VIP package so I'm not worried about getting a shirt, but I had hoped to pick up a copy of the CA novel there as a souvenir.

I guess I'll just have to get there early confused13.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 17 2012, 06:51 AM)
I got the VIP package so I'm not worried about getting a shirt, but I had hoped to pick up a copy of the CA novel there as a souvenir.

I guess I'll just have to get there early confused13.gif

You'll want to make sure the VIP shirt is a CA tour shirt though. Last time, it wasn't. The "special" Time Machine VIP package shirt was a plain, one-sided, grey t-shirt with the Rush (first album) logo in pink on it. The "special" Time Machine poster was a small print (something like 20x16 maybe?) of the Fly By Night owl... an album they ignored on the tour. If you're hoping to get CA-related shirts or posters, make doubly sure you learn what's in the VIP package before your show, otherwise you may find yourself buying them online later (and paying extra for shipping).

QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 17 2012, 07:51 AM)
Escape??? At a Rush show???  no.gif

Indeed. I never anticipate having to "escape" anything at a Rush Show. Being retired from drinking, I'll get a large Coke (or maybe a beer) before the Show starts, and that's it. Maybe get a Coke at intermission. I only leave during a song if it's absolutely necessary......like if I REALLY have to pee...... doh.gif

Yeah, I don't understand why someone would want to escape or pee during the show. Hold it in, fergoshsakes! The show only lasts 3 hours! ONLY THREE HOURS AND THEN NO MORE RUSH! sad.gif Edited by CrossedSignals

QUOTE (2112rush @ May 17 2012, 10:15 AM)
Leave? During a Rush song? you must be joking!?  ohmy.gif

Hey when duty calls, you have to run. Unless you want to get punched by the guy infront of you!

bitchslap.gif " Hey man do i look like a urinal to you?" admin.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I stopped checking out Youtube and set lists after S & A - knowing the entire concert beginning to end kind of took something out of it.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 17 2012, 01:35 PM)
I stopped checking out Youtube and set lists after S & A - knowing the entire concert beginning to end kind of took something out of it.

I have two kids that join me on 2.gif concerts. So getting the set list and making a tour CD to prepare them for the show is essential for their appreciation. The more songs they know the better the concert will be!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I normally go to youtube to relive memories of concerts (that is, when I'm looking for concert videos). I will never watch a performance before I've seen it live.

Also the whole notion of "pee break during X song" is ridiculous. The boys can hold it it for 2.5 hours with only a 15 minute break in the middle AND they're the ones playing it AND they're 60 frakking years old.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 17 2012, 04:34 PM)
I normally go to youtube to relive memories of concerts (that is, when I'm looking for concert videos). I will never watch a performance before I've seen it live.

Also the whole notion of "pee break during X song" is ridiculous. The boys can hold it it for 2.5 hours with only a 15 minute break in the middle AND they're the ones playing it AND they're 60 frakking years old.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 17 2012, 06:51 AM)
The last couple tours they had a "religion sucks" part of the set. (Faithless, BU2B, Freewill) and that's when I went to buy my tour shirt and use the mens room.

I loved the so-called "religion sucks" part. tongue.gif I thought it was great to hear all those songs together.

I plan on looking at the set list, but not watching the YouTube stuff before the concert. I want to make sure I get my dad to listen to the songs he may not know before so he will enjoy the concert more. (He's not a big fan like I am...)

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 17 2012, 03:34 PM)

Yes but they don't have to wait in a long line for the mens room backstage tongue.gif

If I have to go, I can wait until intermission. Luckily, I haven't had to go at either of my last two shows. We usually find our seats before the show, my boyfriend sits down, and I go back out to the merch stand. We sit and chill during intermission, and in Hershey we chatted with a guy right in front of us we'd met at the meetup.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 17 2012, 03:34 PM)

yeah but they don't have to get in a line of 600+ during those 15 minutes to take a leak! Hell, they probably have their own private stalls, each with some guy to hold and shake it for them so they don't have to get any lemon juice on their priceless finger tips.

"just one more shake, Jeromy". "Oh, absolutely Mr. Peart!"

rofl3.gif

Edited by losingit2k

No escaping from a Rush show for me!

I'd never leave during a song (though if I absolutely had to, and I happened to have a choice in the matter, it might be one of the 'standard' songs like Spirit of Radio or Tom Sawyer, just cuz I've experienced those already!). I make sure I'm nice 'n' empty before the show, and go at intermission. I've never had a problem with this.

Of course, it helps that I'm not guzzling lots and lots of liquid refreshments to get an overactive bladder!