Rush Album Listening Contest!

Animate

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 17 2012, 12:02 AM)
I plan on listening to and reviewing 1 album a day starting on 5/24 which will put me on target for CA on 6/12.

Yay! I am not alone!

I started early because, well, what if the album leaks early? Or if there are a couple of days that have to be skipped for what ever reason?

I gotta admit, the prospect of sitting down and listening to Rush, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, and 2112 all in a row scared me away. laugh.gif I never listen to those albums anymore at all no.gif I'm all about the 80s Rush smile.gif

I might do this. Really, I listen to all of their albums all the time but not usually in order.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 17 2012, 12:14 AM)
I gotta admit, the prospect of sitting down and listening to Rush, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, and 2112 all in a row scared me away. laugh.gif I never listen to those albums anymore at all no.gif I'm all about the 80s Rush smile.gif

You can do it! Now, or at least between now and June 12, is the time and the place!

It is quite a marathon, but you do need to start early!

You can do a lot in (the next 3.5 weeks)

If you don't burn out too fast

You can make the most of the distance

First you need endurance

First you've got to last...

In order. All albums. All songs.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ May 17 2012, 04:32 AM)
I might do this. Really, I listen to all of their albums all the time but not usually in order.

At least once it needs to be done! What better time then before the new album!

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 17 2012, 12:02 AM)
I plan on listening to and reviewing 1 album a day starting on 5/24 which will put me on target for CA on 6/12.

I don't want to be alarmist or anything.

Have you thought about the consaquences if CA does come out on June 9 in Germany....and is made accessible....

......and you still have to listen to VT, Feedback, and S&A......

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Sounds fun! I think I can do this as well ... Sounds like a fun project this weekend, as my wife and I are planning on staying around the house this weekend, lounging around the pool ... We both love Rush so this could be an interesting opportunity. She knows most of their songs, but rarely do we sit and listen in order.

trink39.gif

You beat me to it! I was actually planning on putting a thread out about this as well.

Back in 2007 when S&A was about to be released, a member here (I believe it was PuppetKing) brought up the idea of listening to one studio album each day in order...leading to the release date of S&A. So yes, I've been planning to do that again this year.

By my count, mine will start on Friday May 25 with 2.gif !

I don't really think I'll include Feedback or the live albums...just the studio records. It was a great experience last year...I just listen to nothing but the one studio record for the entire day. It's actually pretty cool...since the albums are all unique and different, getting to feel the vibe from when they started all the way to today. yes.gif

May 25 - RUSH

May 26 - Fly By Night

May 27 - Caress of Steel

May 28 - 2112

May 29 - A Farewell To Kings

May 30 - Hemispheres

May 31 - Permanent Waves

June 1 - Moving Pictures

June 2 - Signals

June 3 - Grace Under Pressure

June 4 - Power Windows

June 5 - Hold Your Fire

June 6 - Presto

June 7 - Roll The Bones

June 8 - Counterparts

June 9 - Test For Echo

June 10 - Vapor Trails

June 11 - Snakes & Arrows

June 12 - Clockwork Angels 653.gif

Rush debut is ending... Here again and Before & after are my favourite songs in it, the only ones that bring me on that Rush planet still to come. Could be good to listen these two live!

In the end, ending Fly by night... what a step!

The guitar intro to Making memories reminds me of a song written by an italian Rush fan in 1996, drummer for a rock band that was on the big wave that year... Bytor is always a trip... Anthem and In the end are my favourites, especially the latest in the ATWAS version...

QUOTE (Alexmai @ May 17 2012, 09:36 AM)
In the end, ending Fly by night... what a step!
The guitar intro to Making memories reminds me of a song written by an italian Rush fan in 1996, drummer for a rock band that was on the big wave that year... Bytor is always a trip... Anthem and In the end are my favourites, especially the latest in the ATWAS version...

trink39.gif

In the End on ATWAS is my favorite version also! 1-2-buckle my shoe

Have you seen this 7 second In the End Geddy counts to 4? It cracks me up

Dont forget to include a running total in each thread!

So, in your COS post, include the following:

Rush 10

FBN 10

COS (# pts)

Edited by Animate

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 17 2012, 08:09 AM)
trink39.gif

You beat me to it! I was actually planning on putting a thread out about this as well.

Back in 2007 when S&A was about to be released, a member here (I believe it was PuppetKing) brought up the idea of listening to one studio album each day in order...leading to the release date of S&A. So yes, I've been planning to do that again this year.

By my count, mine will start on Friday May 25 with 2.gif !

I don't really think I'll include Feedback or the live albums...just the studio records. It was a great experience last year...I just listen to nothing but the one studio record for the entire day. It's actually pretty cool...since the albums are all unique and different, getting to feel the vibe from when they started all the way to today. yes.gif

May 25 - RUSH
May 26 - Fly By Night
May 27 - Caress of Steel
May 28 - 2112
May 29 - A Farewell To Kings
May 30 - Hemispheres
May 31 - Permanent Waves
June 1 - Moving Pictures
June 2 - Signals
June 3 - Grace Under Pressure
June 4 - Power Windows
June 5 - Hold Your Fire
June 6 - Presto
June 7 - Roll The Bones
June 8 - Counterparts
June 9 - Test For Echo
June 10 - Vapor Trails
June 11 - Snakes & Arrows
June 12 - Clockwork Angels 653.gif

Ooops, sorry! doh.gif I should have figured I wasn't the first to come up with this idea!

There can be any number of threads like this of course!

However, all contest participants will receive a yet to be designed, High Quality .pdf Certificate! Featuring the screen names and final scores of all participants! Made using All Rush Fonts and featuring select pictures of the boys from each decade!

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 17 2012, 08:05 AM)
Sounds fun! I think I can do this as well ... Sounds like a fun project this weekend, as my wife and I are planning on staying around the house this weekend, lounging around the pool ... We both love Rush so this could be an interesting opportunity. She knows most of their songs, but rarely do we sit and listen in order.

Sounds like a perfect weekend!

That might deserve "style points" for listening to multiple records in a row with out lengthy pauses in between!

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 17 2012, 07:16 AM)
I think I'm going Bald is the Passage to Bangkok of the CoS.

That may have been what they were trying for, but sadly the humor was not obvious at the time.

That might deserve "style points" for listening to multiple records in a row with out lengthy pauses in between!

And by the pool, with a few drinks! Although we find sitting on the deck with some drinks is just as relaxing.

trink38.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

This guy knows what's good.

The idea of listening to "Rush" and The Necromancer the whole way through made me feel ill.

QUOTE (Czarcasm @ May 17 2012, 04:11 PM)
I gotta admit, the prospect of sitting down and listening to Rush, Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, and 2112 all in a row scared me away.  laugh.gif  I never listen to those albums anymore at all  no.gif  I'm all about the 80s Rush  smile.gif

This guy knows what's good.

The idea of listening to "Rush" and The Necromancer the whole way through made me feel ill.

laugh.gif Yeah, me too. Friends don't let friends listen to The Necromancer.