Do you think that Roadrunner Records.

losingit2k

Do you think that Roadrunner records is at least partially responsible for all this angst and animosity? Don't you think we are all just a bit on edge cause we all know that their is a finished product out there and they are holding its release just a make a few more bucks.

Of course this has no refection or anything to do with 2.gif. I may be naive but I personally think its out of their hands. I'm placing the blame strictly on the executives of Roadrunner Records.

I do believe things would be much more civil around here if we had Clockwork Angels in our hands already.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Or it could be hostile with all the different opinions flying around 1287.gif

But seriously, I do think, given the fact the album is done and it's been such a long wait, that the release date was a bad choice. But hey. These thoughts will be gone once I pop that CD in.

Dude, Relax. There is nothing different about this release than any other release of Rush. They announced the album was finished and they targeted a release date. They released a single a month or two before the release. You seem to be fixated on the idea that the band and/or Roadrunner are purposefully torturing you.

They aren't... this is normal. It will be out when it comes out.

Patience.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ May 15 2012, 11:18 PM)
Or it could be hostile with all the different opinions flying around 1287.gif

But seriously, I do think, given the fact the album is done and it's been such a long wait, that the release date was a bad choice. But hey. These thoughts will be gone once I pop that CD in.

It will be interesting to see how things change. For better or worse!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 15 2012, 11:20 PM)
Dude, Relax. There is nothing different about this release than any other release of Rush. They announced the album was finished and they targeted a release date. They released a single a month or two before the release. You seem to be fixated on the idea that the band and/or Roadrunner are purposefully torturing you.

Patience.

wink.gif

I specifically mentioned that 2.gif had nothing to do with this. I never said anyone was we're personally attacking me. Where do you get your info? I just feel that the release date is causing all this angst! All I'm saying is that we are all a little on edge 'cause we know there is a finish product out there and there is no way to listen to it!

unsure.gif

Edited by losingit2k

It is very typical for lead times to be 3-4 months after an album is finished.

The record company needs to take time to develop marketing strategies, production and promotions.

Vapor Trails was finished in January of '02 and not released until May.

This is how the industry works.

I'm not at all anxious or upset.

RR looks at the calender, sees what other releases are on the schedule and picks a date that looks best for an album to have the most success. Thats all.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 15 2012, 11:29 PM)
It is very typical for lead times to be 3-4 months after an album is finished.
The record company needs to take time to develop marketing strategies, production and promotions.

Vapor Trails was finished in January of '02 and not released until May.
This is how the industry works.

I'm not at all anxious or upset.

RR looks at the calender, sees what other releases are on the schedule and picks a date that looks best for an album to have the most success. Thats all.

Well you don't sound anxious. I'm sure I do! It just seems things have been getting a bit out of hand in here lately with these threads! I'm sure this one isn't helping either.

no.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 15 2012, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 15 2012, 11:20 PM)

Patience.

wink.gif

I specifically mentioned that 2.gif had nothing to do with this. I never said anyone was we're personally attacking me. Where do you get your info? I just feel that the release date is causing all this angst! All I'm saying is that we are all a little on edge 'cause we know there is a finish product out there and there is no way to listen to it!

unsure.gif

I beg to differ. RUSH is responsible for this. It would be just another album release if the boys didn't decided to take 3 years to write it. Roadrunner is the newbie in all of this having just signed the group.

I Caravan and BU2B hadn't been out as long as they have we would not be having this discussion.

losingit dude, first of all, I don't really understand you point about RR hoping to "make a few more bucks" by putting the brake on CA.

It seems clear, at least to me, that it will sell the exact same amount of copies, release it today or for Christmas. We diehard fans will buy it, maybe some newcomers, and that's that. So, for whatever reason they set that date, I don't think it's about making "more" money than they already expect.

That said, I'm quite sure that if the album was out, the same exact people would be at each other's throat for the Geddy's tone at the beginning of Carnies or Neil's lyrics on the Anarchist or the lack of acoustic guitar backgrounds from that lazy shredder Lifeson with no sensibility.

You were around when S&A came out?

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushBowler2112 @ May 16 2012, 05:28 AM)
Roadrunner is the newbie in all of this having just signed the group.

Yeah, you're right. Roadrunner has no idea what they're doing. It's not like they've ever signed a band that was as big as Rush, like, I don't know... Nickelback or something.

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 16 2012, 08:12 AM)
losingit dude, first of all, I don't really understand you point about RR hoping to "make a few more bucks" by putting the brake on CA.
It seems clear, at least to me, that it will sell the exact same amount of copies, release it today or for Christmas. We diehard fans will buy it, maybe some newcomers, and that's that. So, for whatever reason they set that date, I don't think it's about making "more" money than they already expect.

That said, I'm quite sure that if the album was out, the same exact people would be at each other's throat for the Geddy's tone at the beginning of Carnies or Neil's lyrics on the Anarchist or the lack of acoustic guitar backgrounds from that lazy shredder Lifeson with no sensibility.

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

Exactly...that's the funny thing. This 'angst' that the OP is referring to...it hasn't even BEGUN yet.

Believe me...you want to see 'angst' LosingIt? Just wait a few more weeks Buddy...the shit-storm is coming.

I'd guess around the June 12 - June 13 time frame... yes.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 16 2012, 07:12 AM)

trink39.gif

Well I know we are going to buy it , I just think they want to get more sales from non-RUSH fans! yet we are paying the price for the delay!

cool.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 16 2012, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 16 2012, 08:12 AM)

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

Exactly...that's the funny thing. This 'angst' that the OP is referring to...it hasn't even BEGUN yet.

Believe me...you want to see 'angst' LosingIt? Just wait a few more weeks Buddy...the shit-storm is coming.

I'd guess around the June 12 - June 13 time frame... yes.gif

I'm guessing for the same reasons mentioned above?

yes.gif

Roadrunner is doing a PHENOMENAL job of keeping this album tight lipped. In the day and age of Pirate Bay and IsoHunt, the fact that the album hasn't leaked is amazing. Before all of those illegal sites, it used to be you released a single over a month before the album came out, listened on the radio the week before the release date to hear the album specials they would have and bought the album the day of the release. I think we are extremely spoiled now that if we don't hear the album 3 weeks before release it's no good.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 16 2012, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 16 2012, 07:12 AM)

trink39.gif

Well I know we are going to buy it , I just think they want to get more sales from non-RUSH fans! yet we are paying the price for the delay!

cool.gif

And they'll get more sales by non-Rush fans... by delaying it?? eyesre4.gif

Oh, all those wasted years spent studying marketing... tongue.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 16 2012, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 15 2012, 11:33 PM)
What angst?  confused13.gif

This.

I'm begining to think losingit just likes the attention and is making random crap up now at this point.

rofl3.gif That's funny!

I'm not dude! You have to admit they could have released the album at the end of April of the beginning of May, They just want to hype the hell out of it!

yes.gif