Vapor Trails came out ten years ago

circumstantial tree

Vapor Trails came out exactly ten years ago on this day, May 14th, 2002. Assuming anybody cares about this. I happen to think it's a good album.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 14 2012, 07:19 PM)
Vapor Trails came out exactly ten years ago on this day, May 14th, 2002. Assuming anybody cares about this. I happen to think it's a good album.

goodpost.gif

It's a great album! So much energy, soul, and passion. I get chills every time I hear the rollicking opening drumbeat of "One Little Victory", the beautiful melodic guitar riff that opens "Vapor Trail", or Geddy's fantastic (two of his best ever) vocal performances on "Sweet Miracle" or "Ceiling Unlimited".

Here's to VT! trink39.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 14 2012, 07:08 PM)

goodpost.gif

It's a great album! So much energy, soul, and passion. I get chills every time I hear the rollicking opening drumbeat of "One Little Victory", the beautiful melodic guitar riff that opens "Vapor Trail", or Geddy's fantastic (two of his best ever) vocal performances on "Sweet Miracle" or "Ceiling Unlimited".

Right on trink39.gif

Hopefully it won't be another 10 years until we get the official remix! tongue.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 14 2012, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 14 2012, 07:08 PM)

goodpost.gif

Right on trink39.gif

I love VT, it is a really powerful album.

VT is sort of like the "Rush equivalent" among all the Rush albums, in that some how it is uncool to love it or people think you don't know anything about good music if you love it.

QUOTE (Animate @ May 14 2012, 09:25 PM)
VT is sort of like the "Rush equivalent" among all the Rush albums, in that some how it is uncool to love it or people think you don't know anything about good music if you love it.

For me, Test For Echo is that album. If someone says they like T4E, I immediately judge them. tongue.gif

I get what people here have pointed out ad nauseum about "clipping" and being produced too loud and all that. And the live versions from Rush in Rio do in fact sound cleaner then the studio version.

But underneath the layer of extra sound is some damn great music with fantastic lyrics.

QUOTE (Animate @ May 14 2012, 09:33 PM)
I get what people here have pointed out ad nauseum about "clipping" and being produced too loud and all that. And the live versions from Rush in Rio do in fact sound cleaner then the studio version.

But underneath the layer of extra sound is some damn great music with fantastic lyrics.

Most definitely. There are some not-so-tiny technical issues with the sound quality. But some people around these parts really seem to beathorse.gif when it comes to this issue.

That's why the remix can't get here soon enough! That'll shut 'em up! wink.gif

QUOTE (Animate @ May 14 2012, 08:33 PM)

Yeah, I agree with you a lot. I really like quite a few songs, just cant blast them too loud.

That was a good day ten years ago. If you had asked me I would have told you that I thought they would get back together and tour again, but I didn't know if there would be a new album first.

I'm sure there are some who heard it the first time and hated it, but I didn't notice the wall of sound until later. I was so happy to finally get a new Rush album and it was so much more focused that Test For Echo was. It is in my top five albums for sure.

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 14 2012, 09:23 PM)
and if you don't like it, doooooonnnnnntttttttt listen to it.

But it's so hard not to! Knowing there's such genius underneath that audio-mudslide! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 14 2012, 11:57 PM)

But it's so hard not to! Knowing there's such genius underneath that audio-mudslide! laugh.gif

Audio mudslide! Where? That sounds like fun! laugh.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 14 2012, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 14 2012, 11:57 PM)

Audio mudslide! Where? That sounds like fun! laugh.gif

Rush???? Music??? Genius??? No Way No How- thats crazy talk!

However, I'll have a mudslide, mississippi that is plz, tnks!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 14 2012, 06:20 PM)
I think Rush should celebrate by playing the whole album on the CA tour.

bolt.gif

Oh, gosh, if the entire Vapor Trails album was played live, I would be a happy kitty! I've been listening to so much Vapor Trails randomly on my ipod and my love for it has grown deeper! wub.gif

Happy 10th anniversary to a great album, and a big 1022.gif to everyone that enjoys it!

On a side note, I've always thought 'Freeze' would have been a good closer to the album. 'Out of the Cradle' is good in that role, too, but 'Freeze' seems more closer-y to me... anyone agree?

QUOTE (Mika @ May 15 2012, 12:55 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 14 2012, 06:20 PM)
I think Rush should celebrate by playing the whole album on the CA tour.

bolt.gif

Oh, gosh, if the entire Vapor Trails album was played live, I would be a happy kitty! I've been listening to so much Vapor Trails randomly on my ipod and my love for it has grown deeper! wub.gif

Happy 10th anniversary to a great album, and a big 1022.gif to everyone that enjoys it!

On a side note, I've always thought 'Freeze' would have been a good closer to the album. 'Out of the Cradle' is good in that role, too, but 'Freeze' seems more closer-y to me... anyone agree?

Agreed on all counts!

VT live = 1022.gif common001.gif It's my most-played album these days!

Also, Freeze would've been a good closer. In fact, Out Of The Cradle is the only song on VT I can't get into. I almost always stop listening after Freeze.