Enough With The Pre-Sales!

tripdad

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 10 2012, 01:08 PM)
Chopping that wood taught me to appreciate what was offered in life and that hard work leads to good things. I am thankful for that. Was good for my health as well...

I was scanning various venues for tickets and there are some really good seats available at most to all of them. Much better seats that the ones I got in the early days.

Sorry, but that is my opinion.

Yep, for sure!

Who would want to wait in line when it's exponentially more efficient to work with your fingertips?

The hard part is waiting all summer! cool.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 10 2012, 01:15 PM)
Oh my...you really do not see it do you?

I wish you the best in your search for a good ticket.

All I want is a simpler ticket buying experience

Buying a ticket cannot possibly be any simpler. I made my purchase right at 1200 hours and had tickets paid by 12:00.33. Done deal.

Sorry man, meant to quote this...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 10 2012, 01:15 PM)
Oh my...you really do not see it do you?

I wish you the best in your search for a good ticket.

All I want is a simpler ticket buying experience

Buying a ticket cannot possibly be any simpler. I made my purchase right at 1200 hours and had tickets paid by 12:00.33. Done deal.

I didn't mean simpler as in the physical process. I meant 1 day all the tickets come on sale.

C'mon dude. That's what we've been talking about from the get-go.

You're literally completely missing my point. I never once bitched about internet ticketing. I bitched about the 900 presales you have to wade through... even spending money or signing up for credit cards. I just think its ridiculous. Why can't we just have a real fan presale?

Every other band I've bought tickets for its been boom one day there's the tickets.

When did I ever bitch about it being online? Never. I love buying tickets online. I hate waiting in line. My point has been from the get-go that a million presales is ridiculous and many of them are deceptive.

I would love to just have the MT presale and the general sale. Maybe that's just me. Oh I guess the VIP can stay even though I think spending that much money without knowing where you're sitting is bogus. Maybe that's just me.

I'm sorry if I am coming off as angry or disgruntled. I love Rush and I'll love whatever seats I get. I'm just a little frustrated with the process right now and I don't really appreciate being called spoiled.

"Why can't we just have a real fan presale?"

Completely agree! Every year with the TSO Fan Presale I score either 1st or second row. Every year!

2.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 11 2012, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 11 2012, 09:31 AM)
pssst!

guess what?
no more presales tongue.gif

Not true...there is still one today for Toronto.

but.. but... but...

GLF is only worried about CBus!

So my statement remains true rofl3.gif

Agreed. Here are the presales I know of for montreal:

1. Musictoday (Rush fan presale)

2. Citi presale (I'm not 100% sure they had one for montreal)

3. AMEX presale

4. Evenko fan presale

5. VIP(BS)NATION presale

Oh, and the official tix go on sale tomorrow. WTF, enough is enough.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 11 2012, 09:09 AM)
CBus is a f***ing joke.
zero tix in the front floor sections.

The f***ing platinum man, I'm gunna pay 700 f***ing dollars for 2 tickets to not even be in the first 10 rows? What the f**k is this? Do the release more tickets as time goes on or is this it?

Because I don't want to settle yet. Patience pays off, but god damn.

And CBus is ALWAYS a joke. The people who want to buy their tickets first always get screwed.

I'll tell this story because it is so relevant.

In 2007 I was lucky enough to score 6th row tickets Geddy's side for probably about 350 each. The two people next to me got their tickets the day of the concert and probably paid about 1/3 what I did.

I'm sorry if I am coming off as angry or disgruntled. I love Rush and I'll love whatever seats I get. I'm just a little frustrated with the process right now and I don't really appreciate being called spoiled.

After I read this I envisioned a 5-year old throwing a fit when denied a cookie. Sorry....

If you are this upset over the process, perhaps the best avenue to take your anger and frustration is in the form of an email to the powers that be letting them know how awful it is. Whining here does nothing to change it.

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 11 2012, 10:20 AM)

After I read this I envisioned a 5-year old throwing a fit when denied a cookie. Sorry....

If you are this upset over the process, perhaps the best avenue to take your anger and frustration is in the form of an email to the powers that be letting them know how awful it is. Whining here does nothing to change it.

I never once insulted you, but you have called me several things. That's fine. Who's really the 5 year old? Hmmmm...

Also, this is a place to discuss things with Rush fans. That's all we're are doing. How about you unbunch your panties? There. I can do it too.

Whining and discussion are not synonymous.

For the sake of the better good, I will not continue this.

Best of luck getting "good" seats.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 11 2012, 12:53 PM)
Whining and discussion are not synonymous.

For the sake of the better good, I will not continue this.

Best of luck getting "good" seats.

How 'bout you just go ahead and not enter threads which you view as whining?

After all, this thread is called "Enough with the Pre-Sales!"

Whining about us whining is kind of being a being a hypocrite.

Thanks for the discussion. Fun while it lasted.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 11 2012, 09:50 AM)
I'm finding shit-all in the Toronto presale today.

Nothing but the back 100 sections...hardly worth a look. rage.gif

I scored 2nd row of Section 118. Does nayone know if Seat #1 is closer to Section 119 or 117?

2.gif

I'm confused. Can someone help me out?

TM is stating for Tampa that general public tix went on sale today, but it's through Live Nation.

Is this technically a pre-sale? Will they go on sale via TM proper at some point, possibly with the Platinum option?

QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ May 11 2012, 04:36 PM)
I'm confused. Can someone help me out?

TM is stating for Tampa that general public tix went on sale today, but it's through Live Nation.

Is this technically a pre-sale? Will they go on sale via TM proper at some point, possibly with the Platinum option?

TM and LN are one in the same.

Some shows are sold through TM, some are sold through LN.

The Tampa show is being sold through LN and as of right now it does not appear that there are any Platinum tix available.

That might change though, keep checking.

Local talk radio station (WHBC am) was giving Rush tickets away all last week if you could guess what three concerts the host went to last year fing.gif

And rock station WRQK was just giving them away if you were the right caller.(strange since they don't even play Rush) Worried these ticket give aways a sign they don't think there going to sell out the "Q" this tour? Way to early to panic, But I don't remember any radio give aways last year for Time Machine. Vapor Trails at the Gund/Q weeks on end all the way up to two hours before the show stations were dumping Rush tix. unsure.gif

Oh and thought of another pre sale at least in years past WNCX in Cleveland usually had a station insiders code for getting tickets early before general sale.