Your favorite facebook status(es)

Lost In Xanadu

This in not a "Failbook" thread - I'm curious what some of your favorite FB status updates have been.

For me - yesterday was something like....

Watching that stupid McDonalds commercial, and my wife says to me "you're the Egg McMuffin of husbands" I reply "so, I'm a greasy pile of crap? Thanks!"

My sister-in-law posted this gem yesterday.

ok our government sucks.  i had my boyfriend coming to visit me from Canada and he was denied access to the us because they didn't know he was cleared of all charges...very sad at moment us government sucks.  i am crying my eyes out at this.

To call my sister-in-law an idiot is an insult to idiots. I find this status from her interesting on numerous fronts. First...she has a "boyfriend". Did she think her domestic boyfriend wouldn't see this post on Facebook? And does she really believe this clown that she met on the internet is really "cleared of all charges"? z7shysterical.gif

For all we know, the only reason that she is still alive today is because of the "us government". You know...I'm actually impressed that she spelled government correct. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 24 2012, 12:51 PM)

I reply "so, I'm a greasy pile of crap?

I have never met your wife but i see we think alike biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 24 2012, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 24 2012, 12:51 PM)

I reply "so, I'm a greasy pile of crap?

I have never met your wife but i see we think alike biggrin.gif

dazed025.gif fing.gif

"I want an easier car.."

"‎(1/2) Ok, I've had enough. I'm tired of girls acting the way they are so I will exploit them here on facebook if they are acting like a total b on facebook. Be"

"Sucks being single"

"Cody decided to take the top down from his jeep. Now I'm freezin my nuts blue! Cody..I hate you lol"

"Guys why do you go after the girls I ask out?"

"What is with the pictures on facebook.i can't save any of them because of the load time"

"Why do I hate hicks so much?"

These are just a few from my wife's nephew. He is the most depressing "friend" I have on Facebook, but he's 17. Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 24 2012, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 24 2012, 01:15 PM)
To call my sister-in-law an idiot is an insult to idiots.

z7shysterical.gif

I felt the same way about my brother's ex biggrin.gif

I had a sister-in-law like that. "HAD" being the operative word. laugh.gif

This update appeared in my stream a little while ago:

Please be advised: When your last status update is you just returned from the Stanford Cheerleader Camp and you post to this page about how combat wounded Marines are milking the system for sympathy and should not consider themselves real Marines. You will find yourself bound and gagged and being shipped back to cheerleader camp with a nasty boot print on your sorry ass....that is all.

Damn skippy. cheer.gif laugh.gif

Here to say: FACEBOOK DESTROYS LIVES

It's true, guys. I quit it about 2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Don't miss it one bit.

Sorry, continue on!

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 27 2012, 09:06 AM)
Here to say: FACEBOOK DESTROYS LIVES

It's true, guys. I quit it about 2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Don't miss it one bit.

Sorry, continue on!

goodpost.gif

I rarely visit FB anymore, but friends have threatened me if I delete my account. They find shooting messages on there easier than email or texting. I might post 1 status update a month, but use the messaging feature quite often

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 09:35 AM)
Facebook destroys lives. Wow. Talk about melodramatic.

Sorry man, let's hope it doesn't happen to you biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 27 2012, 08:58 AM)

There's nothing about Facebook that can destroy my life. Absolutely nothing.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 27 2012, 09:58 AM)

I said "good posting" because I have seen it happen to a friend of mine. His wife got all upset at him for some woman he was friends with that was very beautiful ex-gf. They got into a big argument over it. He ended up talking to a different friend about his wife's reaction and they grew very close - leading to a divorce.

I joined FB to start a page for my church. I find it extremely annoying. I get no real human contact from it, just a bunch of invitations to play some stupid game I don't have any time for. I log on once a day to make sure prostitutes aren't advertising on the the church page (yes they have done this). I glance at the home page to make sure no one died. Once in a blue moon I post a video as my status update. Most recently I added Headlong Flight.

As for priceless status updates... I noticed that a lot of people announce that they are awake. Some announce that they are going to bed. Some state that work sucks.

Thank God I found this forum. I can get more feedback in one hour on The Rush Forum than I can get in a year on FB.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2012, 09:07 AM)

I said "good posting" because I have seen it happen to a friend of mine. His wife got all upset at him for some woman he was friends with that was very beautiful ex-gf. They got into a big argument over it. He ended up talking to a different friend about his wife's reaction and they grew very close - leading to a divorce.

That marriage was doomed to begin with if simply being connected to an ex on Facebook was enough for the wife to get up in arms about it. By a ratio of hundreds to one, I can say that more people in my life have been screwed over in real life by jealous partners than on Facebook. Might as well blame the telephone when a husband maintains contact with an ex by talking to them periodically.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 12:11 PM)

That marriage was doomed to begin with if simply being connected to an ex on Facebook was enough for the wife to get up in arms about it. By a ratio of hundreds to one, I can say that more people in my life have been screwed over in real life by jealous partners than on Facebook. Might as well blame the telephone when a husband maintains contact with an ex by talking to them periodically.

yes and no - you gotta admit, texting, email, FB.... technology sure makes it easier to keep in contact with old friends.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2012, 11:24 AM)

yes and no - you gotta admit, texting, email, FB.... technology sure makes it easier to keep in contact with old friends.

Of course. But it's still up to the people involved if they choose to keep in touch with old friends - or exes wink.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2012, 11:24 AM)

Of course. But it's still up to the people involved if they choose to keep in touch with old friends - or exes wink.gif

very true!

But I may have an ex as a friend on FB (I don't, but for argument sake), but I would never go hunting her phone number down to stay in contact with her.

And you are ABSOLUTELY right about that marriage being doomed. She was a control freak and was always a downer at parties. If he would have 1 too many drinks, they had to leave immediately... it was only a matter of time.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 27 2012, 10:17 AM)
Thank God I found this forum. I can get more feedback in one hour on The Rush Forum than I can get in a year on FB.

The Rush groups on Facebook are worthwhile, but there are getting to be a lot of them, and they can be time-consuming if you let them!