"Clockwork Angels" 7:31

aaronrusso

a while ago alex described this song as very dynamic and multi parted

that got me every excited

do you think this song will go through the sort of mood changes that jacobs ladder has or do you think it will most likely follow the sound demonstrated in headlong flight

cheers smile.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 22 2012, 07:19 AM)
I have a feeling that, like Headlong, it will not sound anything like old Rush at all. They just don't write the same way they used to anymore.

i agree, i dont think it will sound like old rush, but i have an inkling that it will go through more changes than headlong flight, like some sort of soft passage midway through, kinda like the middle bit of the trees

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2012, 07:24 AM)
it'll probably be an up and down roller coaster ride musically. i just hope that it's not like that world music sound crap like on the main monkey business.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

From the article I just read, I feel that every song is going to take a bit from a different Era. Headlong flight was clearly sounding IMO like the earlier 70's (By-Tor, Bastille Day). I wonder which one will give a nod towards Hemispheres, Permanent Waves or Moving Pictures, Maybe Clockwork Angels?

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 22 2012, 08:31 PM)
From the article I just read, I feel that every song is going to take a bit from a different Era. Headlong flight was clearly sounding IMO like the earlier 70's (By-Tor, Bastille Day). I wonder which one will give a nod towards Hemispheres, Permanent Waves or Moving Pictures, Maybe Clockwork Angels?

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Can you post the link to the article? I wanna see this smile.gif

QUOTE (aaronrusso @ Apr 22 2012, 11:46 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

In the meantime, here's a link to a recent existing thread on this subject:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=73230

(hint hint...) wink.gif

QUOTE (aaronrusso @ Apr 22 2012, 10:46 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

If that really is the case that has been my guess since way back. I thought this might be the record where they try to combine all their eras. I've said that in a couple other posts as well. I would certainly describe HF like that but I hope they have some keys here and there like we hear in BU2B. Let's represent those great 80's records as well. 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 23 2012, 02:19 AM)
QUOTE (aaronrusso @ Apr 23 2012, 03:00 AM)
i tried to make sure i didn't make any mistakes with the title on my first topic
but i love discussing this stuff with you all
so awesome

You did fine, I made the mistake here. Welcome to the board!

thank you very much

glad to be here smile.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2012, 07:24 AM)
it'll probably be an up and down roller coaster ride musically. i just hope that it's not like that world music sound crap like on the main monkey business.

admit it...certain parts of that song remind you of this

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/400000075945.jpg

QUOTE (aaronrusso @ Apr 22 2012, 06:33 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 22 2012, 07:19 AM)
I have a feeling that, like Headlong, it will not sound anything like old Rush at all. They just don't write the same way they used to anymore.

i agree, i dont think it will sound like old rush, but i have an inkling that it will go through more changes than headlong flight, like some sort of soft passage midway through, kinda like the middle bit of the trees

I sure hope so. And something with a different sound would be nice too. All three sound way similar so far.