TRF Listening Party Thursday for Headlong Flight?

rushgoober

Are people interested in having a listening party on TRF chat on Thursday morning (Thursday afternoon in the UK) to check out the new single?

I RECOMMEND THAT PEOPLE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE ENTIRE THREAD TO SEE IF THIS INFO CHANGES SO NO ONE TUNES IN TO THAT LINK AT THAT TIME AND IS DISAPPOINTED IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

According to RIAB:

UPDATE - 4/16@11:59AM: Reader ianian65 mentions in the comments that Darren Redick from UK digital radio station Planet Rock has just announced on air that he will be playing the world's first exclusive hearing of Headlong Flight at approximately 2:12PM (9:12AM EST) on April 19th.

That would be 6:12 AM PST, 9:12 AM EST and 2:12 PM UK.

You can find out how to tune in to that station here:

http://www.planetrock.com/general/listening-online/

I'd recommend testing it to make sure you can listen prior to the event...

Edited by rushgoober

I'll be listening... though I suspect it'll leak today or tomorrow, or possibly in the hours before that scheduled play. The stations will be sent the song beforehand, and I gotta think that one of them will have some unscrupulous scoundrel that will upload it to a sharing site wink.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 17 2012, 09:47 AM)
I'll be listening... though I suspect it'll leak today or tomorrow, or possibly in the hours before that scheduled play. The stations will be sent the song beforehand, and I gotta think that one of them will have some unscrupulous scoundrel that will upload it to a sharing site wink.gif

They dont get sent a physical copy anymore they download it from the record company now. So basically RR will press a button at a pre-determined time and the song will show up as available for stations to DL.

I know more or less what time zone it is but I'm too lazy to know what time it'll play here but surely it'll be all over the internet, right? If not then I'll hear it. I'm in Texas so if anyone knows what time that is please let me know! I'm too lazy to do the math myself despite being a mathemagician ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 17 2012, 08:57 AM)
I know more or less what time zone it is but I'm too lazy to know what time it'll play here but surely it'll be all over the internet, right? If not then I'll hear it. I'm in Texas so if anyone knows what time that is please let me know! I'm too lazy to do the math myself despite being a mathemagician ph34r.gif

nevermind, I did the math, not lazy tongue.gif seems like I can make it. I'll test the link when I get home today.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 17 2012, 06:53 AM)

They dont get sent a physical copy anymore they download it from the record company now. So basically RR will press a button at a pre-determined time and the song will show up as available for stations to DL.

Well IF the song leaks before then, we'll have to see. We could still meet up anyway (those of us who can make it) just for the fun of it!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 17 2012, 07:53 AM)

True - but wouldn't they have to release the song for download pretty far in advance? We know the time from this one station, but all we know for sure generally is "the 19th" right... so theoretically, they could release it to stations at 1am (in whatever time zone gets 1am first) so stations there can get it into the rotation and ready for the morning shows.

Heck, I don't know. I'm just thinking, even though they don't send CDs anymore, the stations have to get the track at least a little early.... don't they?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 17 2012, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 17 2012, 06:53 AM)

Well IF the song leaks before then, we'll have to see. We could still meet up anyway (those of us who can make it) just for the fun of it!

confused13.gif

Totally!

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 17 2012, 10:16 AM)
The Planet Rock DJ has said it will be the first play globally I think, so it wouldn't surprise me if Roadrunner sent the track out at 2pm UK time, ready for the play at 2:12, and other plays across the world after that.

re: "first play globally"

I'll believe it when I see (hear) it.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 17 2012, 08:53 AM)

Roadrunner will deliver it via Play MPE to anybody that's on the correct list. Mostly radio stations, but not all. Somebody somewhere will upload it, even if it's not high quality.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 17 2012, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 17 2012, 09:26 AM)
Well, I'll be there anyway!  And I assume I won't be alone... ? unsure.gif

depends if it gets played before that or not.

*shrugs*

Don't worry , Goober hangs out in chat alone all the time laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 17 2012, 08:38 AM)
I'll be present.

With bells on i am sure cheer.gif