Longer Combined Tracks

losingit2k

Do you think some tracks may connect to become an Epic?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think some tracks may connect to become an Epic?

• Yes
    • no

Can there be a possibility that 2.gif cut one of tha e longer song into 3 or 2 seperate parts that run into each other like the 3 parts of Natural Science but mentioned as individual songs?

If Headlon Flight, BU2B2 & Wish them Well all run continously it would make it an Epic 14.13 minute song.

Carnies, Halo Effect and Seven Cities of Gold run at: 14.38 minutes

I can't really see any other 3 songs that might be part of a set! However, there are many two song couplings?

The Wreckers into Headlong Flight runs at a very interesting 12:21!

Very interesting!

What do you think?

confused13.gif

Here is the Track listing:

1. Caravan(5:40)

2. BU2B(5:10)

3. Clockwork Angels(7:31)

4. The Anarchist(6:52)

5. Carnies(4:52)

6. Halo Effect(3:14)

7. Seven Cities Of Gold(6:32)

8. The Wreckers(5:01)

9. Headlong Flight(7:20)

10. BU2B2(1:28)

11. Wish Them Well(5:25)

12. The Garden(6:59)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Caravan and BU2B actually might be strung together a bit better than we all initially thought since the time of BU2B has been altered for the album. I'm thinking maybe an intro to it that connects them, it is about a minute longer now. But I'm honestly not expecting this. Then again, I can't explain where this extra minute of BU2B came from yet. Would be awesome for once if I was wrong on this one though!

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 14 2012, 09:24 AM)
Caravan and BU2B actually might be strung together a bit better than we all initially thought since the time of BU2B has been altered for the album. I'm thinking maybe an intro to it that connects them, it is about a minute longer now. But I'm honestly not expecting this. Then again, I can't explain where this extra minute of BU2B came from yet. Would be awesome for once if I was wrong on this one though!

So you think the extra minute was added to the front end!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 15 2012, 01:12 PM)

21:12 

Whoa 21:12! That can't be a coincidence! That' has to be an entire song thats been broken into four pieces!

drool1.gif

This album is just going to be full of surprises!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I think some of you guys are weirdly desperate to find any weak rationale to come up with an "epic" song. The only thing we know for sure is that Caravan and BU2B aren't linked. That leaves literally everything else that you could fantasize about connections with. Maybe BU2B actually runs into the next four songs. Maybe the middle 5 are connected. Maybe the final six. Or a string of 7 starting with number 3.

Is it really so important that a song be long? So important that you will ignore the truth in front of you and just make stuff up to fit your desires? When have they EVER written an epic-length song and listed it separately on the album, with separate running times and no indiction that they belong together? They've never done that. What makes you think they're going to start now?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 01:37 PM)
I think some of you guys are weirdly desperate to find any weak rationale to come up with an "epic" song. The only thing we know for sure is that Caravan and BU2B aren't linked. That leaves literally everything else that you could fantasize about connections with. Maybe BU2B actually runs into the next four songs. Maybe the middle 5 are connected. Maybe the final six. Or a string of 7 starting with number 3.

Is it really so important that a song be long? So important that you will ignore the truth in front of you and just make stuff up to fit your desires? When have they EVER written an epic-length song and listed it separately on the album, with separate running times and no indiction that they belong together? They've never done that. What makes you think they're going to start now?

danielmclark, your blunt honestly is oddly refreshing, like a can of Fresca. trink38.gif

Ther're 2.gif and with them anything can happen! Like a complete new direction after their most popular album MP. Like Returning to prog Metal after 30 sum years! Like switching instruments for a song.Like recording with a symphony, Like performing all of MP after 30 years, Like recording an entire concept album in the twilight of their career....Do I really need to go on? If there anything I know about 2.gif is that they're unpredictable! So you can sit back and believe you know everything about them when you really don't know Squat!

bitchslap.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 15 2012, 05:34 PM)

Ther're 2.gif and with them anything can happen! Like a complete new direction after their most popular album MP. Like Returning to prog Metal after 30 sum years! Like switching instruments for a song.Like recording with a symphony, Like performing all of MP after 30 years, Like recording an entire concept album in the twilight of their career....Do I really need to go on? If there anything I know about 2.gif is that they're unpredictable! So you can sit back and believe you know everything about them when you really don't know Squat!

bitchslap.gif

I will send you $20 via PayPal if I'm wrong about this. If you're right, and the last four tracks adding up to 21:12 make up a single epic song (a la Natural Science), I will give you $20. That's how confident I am in what I know about this band.

After 40 years, they are not unpredictable. They're not a paint-by-numbers band, but the broad strokes are pretty obvious.

The mods should start a new subforum for Rush-related bets....

We could call it The Big Wheel.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 15 2012, 06:34 PM)

bitchslap.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 15 2012, 06:55 PM)

bitchslap.gif

goodpost.gif

Yeah, good posting until you realize that 1/3rd of what he posted is based on rumor (switching instruments and recording with a symphony*), that Signals is an extension of MP (not a completely different direction), that every band over the age of 25 is doing a "let's play a whole album live" gimmick, that "prog metal" hasn't been proven yet, and that recording a concept album, while cool, isn't exactly rocket science (whether its in the twilight of a career or not).

But yeah, good posting.

*It was reported that "additional strings" were added to the album. That's not even close to "recording with a symphony. Sorry. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 08:08 PM)

bitchslap.gif

goodpost.gif

Yeah, good posting until you realize that 1/3rd of what he posted is based on rumor (switching instruments and recording with a symphony*), that Signals is an extension of MP (not a completely different direction), that every band over the age of 25 is doing a "let's play a whole album live" gimmick, that "prog metal" hasn't been proven yet, and that recording a concept album, while cool, isn't exactly rocket science (whether its in the twilight of a career or not).

But yeah, good posting.

*It was reported that "additional strings" were added to the album. That's not even close to "recording with a symphony. Sorry. eyesre4.gif

Well maybe they will, once they embark on the CA tour! Record the Tour live with a symphony!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 07:08 PM)

bitchslap.gif

goodpost.gif

But yeah, good posting.

you completely misunderstood what said

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 15 2012, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 07:08 PM)

bitchslap.gif

goodpost.gif

But yeah, good posting.

you completely misunderstood what said

Well thanks for setting me straight eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 15 2012, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 15 2012, 08:40 AM)
I think the whole album will feel that way.

yeah, but just the fact that these four songs run at 21:12 is really in6tersesting!

Act6ually, it's not th6at inter6estin6g.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 15 2012, 01:12 PM)

21:12 

Whoa 21:12! That can't be a coincidence! That' has to be an entire song thats been broken into four pieces!

No, it most likely is just a coincidence. And, no it doesn't have to be an entire song.

The epic song 2112 itself is 20:34 long. If they were EVER going to intentionally adjust a track length to make it 2112, they'd have done it there. Just think how incredibly easy it would have been to add about seconds of space noises to the beginning, and about 20 seconds of tuning noises to Discovery.

Most of the track times are added long AFTER the band is done in the studio, and that doesn't come into play until the mastering. Even if there's no break between those four songs or all the songs and they all run together, that's still probably a coincidence. And even then, whomever decided on the tracklengths at the print shop or the label or Masterdisk might have added or subtracted a second just to make that work out for fun, and has nothing to do with the band.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 15 2012, 05:34 PM)

bitchslap.gif

I will send you $20 via PayPal if I'm wrong about this. If you're right, and the last four tracks adding up to 21:12 make up a single epic song (a la Natural Science), I will give you $20. That's how confident I am in what I know about this band.

After 40 years, they are not unpredictable. They're not a paint-by-numbers band, but the broad strokes are pretty obvious.

Such passion at defending a minority viewpoint.

Less than 27% of those polled here agree with you, but no, you have to set us all straight.

Unbelievable. no.gif