Longer Combined Tracks

losingit2k

Do you think some tracks may connect to become an Epic?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think some tracks may connect to become an Epic?

• Yes
    • no

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 16 2012, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 15 2012, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 01:37 PM)
I think some of you guys are weirdly desperate to find any weak rationale to come up with an "epic" song. The only thing we know for sure is that Caravan and BU2B aren't linked. That leaves literally everything else that you could fantasize about connections with. Maybe BU2B actually runs into the next four songs. Maybe the middle 5 are connected. Maybe the final six. Or a string of 7 starting with number 3.

Is it really so important that a song be long? So important that you will ignore the truth in front of you and just make stuff up to fit your desires? When have they EVER written an epic-length song and listed it separately on the album, with separate running times and no indiction that they belong together? They've never done that. What makes you think they're going to start now?

Ther're 2.gif and with them anything can happen! Like a complete new direction after their most popular album MP. Like Returning to prog Metal after 30 sum years! Like switching instruments for a song.Like recording with a symphony, Like performing all of MP after 30 years, Like recording an entire concept album in the twilight of their career....Do I really need to go on? If there anything I know about 2.gif is that they're unpredictable! So you can sit back and believe you know everything about them when you really don't know Squat!

bitchslap.gif

I will send you $20 via PayPal if I'm wrong about this. If you're right, and the last four tracks adding up to 21:12 make up a single epic song (a la Natural Science), I will give you $20. That's how confident I am in what I know about this band.

After 40 years, they are not unpredictable. They're not a paint-by-numbers band, but the broad strokes are pretty obvious.

Such passion at defending a minority viewpoint.

Less than 27% of those polled here agree with you, but no, you have to set us all straight.

Unbelievable. no.gif

Less than 27% of people here have a rational thought in their head about this apparently. The remainder are all about wishful thinking.

If poll numbers always indicated who was right and who was wrong, the world would be a vastly different place.

I stand by my statements. We'll find out in a few weeks just how right the majority is in this case.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 16 2012, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 15 2012, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 01:37 PM)
I think some of you guys are weirdly desperate to find any weak rationale to come up with an "epic" song. The only thing we know for sure is that Caravan and BU2B aren't linked. That leaves literally everything else that you could fantasize about connections with. Maybe BU2B actually runs into the next four songs. Maybe the middle 5 are connected. Maybe the final six. Or a string of 7 starting with number 3.

Is it really so important that a song be long? So important that you will ignore the truth in front of you and just make stuff up to fit your desires? When have they EVER written an epic-length song and listed it separately on the album, with separate running times and no indiction that they belong together? They've never done that. What makes you think they're going to start now?

Ther're 2.gif and with them anything can happen! Like a complete new direction after their most popular album MP. Like Returning to prog Metal after 30 sum years! Like switching instruments for a song.Like recording with a symphony, Like performing all of MP after 30 years, Like recording an entire concept album in the twilight of their career....Do I really need to go on? If there anything I know about 2.gif is that they're unpredictable! So you can sit back and believe you know everything about them when you really don't know Squat!

bitchslap.gif

I will send you $20 via PayPal if I'm wrong about this. If you're right, and the last four tracks adding up to 21:12 make up a single epic song (a la Natural Science), I will give you $20. That's how confident I am in what I know about this band.

After 40 years, they are not unpredictable. They're not a paint-by-numbers band, but the broad strokes are pretty obvious.

Such passion at defending a minority viewpoint.

Less than 27% of those polled here agree with you, but no, you have to set us all straight.

Unbelievable. no.gif

Less than 27% of people here have a rational thought in their head about this apparently. The remainder are all about wishful thinking.

If poll numbers always indicated who was right and who was wrong, the world would be a vastly different place.

I stand by my statements. We'll find out in a few weeks just how right the majority is in this case.

Dude , Wishful thinking is all we have until June 12th, Why can't we all have our little Middletown Dreams until then. Noone knows for sure what's up with this album excpet those who have created it. So if speculation is all we have, then I'm allowing my imagination to run with it!

bolt.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 11:31 AM)

LMAO....you're a piece of work.

Vote Ron Paul! laugh.gif

I am still trying to figure out why a long dong...sorry song is such a big deal...?

http://cdn.epicski.com/f/f0/f069ad45_epic_facepalm_by_rjth.jpg

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 16 2012, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 11:31 AM)

LMAO....you're a piece of work.

Vote Ron Paul! laugh.gif

Maybe so. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 songs might flow into each other giving us an epic.

But, I'm still hoping for that 20 minute extended polka song they've been teasing us, on the TM tour chickendance.gif

QUOTE (BigBob @ Apr 16 2012, 11:38 AM)

But, I'm still hoping for that 20 minute extended polka song they've been teasing us, on the TM tour chickendance.gif

Oh heaven forbid another polka song, Even though the La Villa intro had grown on me after watching it four times on TMMT!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (BigBob @ Apr 16 2012, 10:38 AM)

One thing's for sure, if they ever did a 20 minute epic polka, it would be the BEST POLKA SONG EVER!!! laugh.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 12:47 PM)

One thing's for sure, if they ever did a 20 minute epic polka, it would be the BEST POLKA SONG EVER!!! laugh.gif common001.gif

Why make it twenty? I think that's just wishful thinking. You should just start thinking rationally and realize that Rush would never do that. In fact, I will just PayPal you $100 bucks if they ever record a Polka song! At least I have 27% of this board to back me up!

wink.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 16 2012, 01:45 PM)

Why make it twenty? I think that's just wishful thinking. You should just start thinking rationally and realize that Rush would never do that. In fact, I will just PayPal you $100 bucks if they ever record a Polka song! At least I have 27% of this board to back me up!

wink.gif

Only 27%? You think only 27% of the board would back up the opinion that they'd never do a polka song? wink.gif lol

Man, I gotta get Ged on the phone, there's a hundred bucks in it for me if they'll follow up CA with a polka record...

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 16 2012, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 16 2012, 01:45 PM)

wink.gif

Only 27%? You think only 27% of the board would back up the opinion that they'd never do a polka song? wink.gif lol

Man, I gotta get Ged on the phone, there's a hundred bucks in it for me if they'll follow up CA with a polka record...

laugh.gif trink39.gif