Where's the 1-minute tease

GeddyRulz

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 08:55 AM)
So we're supposed to be get some sort of preview tomorrow?
Is it worth staying up til midnight checking every Rush related website?

Well, here's what we know. We may hear something today. Or maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not until the 19th. But even that isn't confirmed in any official way.

So, do what you want with that information or lack thereof. I'm going to keep checking RIAB every 15 minutes until something happens whether it's today or 3 weeks from now because I'm a nutcase. smile.gif

Hey snowdog! I see you are in Austin! I'm near Killeen. From one Rush nutcase to another, do I know you? Should I??? 1022.gif

An update from Ed at RIAB!

Yay for indoor venues! But WTF, a symphony?

Partial, go to RIAB for all of it:

On that note, the latest rumor regarding the tour is that the band has moved all of their outdoor late summer and early fall tour dates from outdoor venues to indoor venues. I've been reporting for some time now that Rush would be playing a September 13th date at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN, but that no longer seems to be the case. Reader Doug F has season tickets at the venue and was recently informed by their sales staff that Rush would instead be playing at Bankers Life Fieldhouse due to them moving all of their outdoor shows to indoor venues. The rumored reasoning behind this decision is that they will be playing with a symphony!? I had also been hearing of a September 9th date in Bristow, VA at Jiffy Lube which I presume has also been moved. There was also a planned date at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA on September 11th which presumably would still be in place. And I just recently received information that they'd be playing at the United Center in Chicago on September 15th. The move from outdoor to indoor seems reasonable and makes sense since no summer dates are planned, so the big question mark here is the rumor regarding Rush playing with a symphony. Whereas this sounds fairly far-fetched on the surface, both Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have expressed interest in doing exactly this in recent interviews.

By the way safetygirl, I need to update that. I moved from Austin a couple years ago back to my home town in east Texas. Loved Austin though and I'll move back before long! smile.gif Are you "double-agent" from RIAB? I think I remember she is in Killeen.

Yup, that's me! Are you snowdog2113 over at RIAB? We'll have to hook up for a Texas Rush concert or three! 2.gif

That's me! When I signed up over there snowdog2112 was already apparently taken and snowdog2113 was the next best thing. laugh.gif

Yeah, that would be great. I've still got some friends in Austin and go down there here and there. The last time I saw Rush in Austin was in 2008 at the Erwin Center and I would have gone in 2011 but one of my friends had moved out to L.A. so I went out there to see him around the same time and we saw Rush together there instead. But I try to go see Rush in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston whenever they tour. Let's just touch base every once in a while and when we get tourdates maybe we can meet at a show. I'd love to meet more of the fans on these forums in person so it's not like I'm just talking to imaginary people here. laugh.gif East Texas is not exactly a hotbed of Rush fandom.

Sent you a PM! bekloppt.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From "Homerpalooza"

"Who is playing with the London Symphony Orchestra? Come on people, somebody ordered the London Symphony Orchestra... possibly while high. Cypress Hill, I'm looking in your general direction."

1022.gif

The snippet is AWESOME, eh?

Early to say this, but this could become my favorite Rush album! And so late in their career!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 11 2012, 01:21 AM)
1022.gif

The snippet is AWESOME, eh?

Early to say this, but this could become my favorite Rush album! And so late in their career!

I've never experienced such an intense 30 second eargasm. I AM HYPED ON ADRENALINE! 1022.gif

It sounds so clean though! Looks like Caravan and BU2B are getting rerecorded (And hopefully expanded upon) after all. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2012, 08:30 AM)
i don't hear the main monkey business at all, and that's a good thing.

I know what he meant by "Main Monkey Business," but if you prefer, how about "Bastille Day meets Limbo"?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 11 2012, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 11 2012, 08:30 AM)
i don't hear the main monkey business at all, and that's a good thing.

I know what he meant by "Main Monkey Business," but if you prefer, how about "Bastille Day meets Limbo"?

i'll take that. biggrin.gif