The Underrated

Archangel717

A lot of the bands I listen to, I've noticed aren't mainstream. All of them are very talented, and deserve the spotlight. So, this thread is for all of those bands that are talented, and deserve more attention.

Whether they're a brand new band, an indie band, a cult band, or a garage band. Put their name, and a link to a song. Give them a round of applause! applaudit.gif

Angels and Airwaves

John Allred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHO2hwwsSg...BWTwV-ox3FmA%3D

Sleeper Agent

The Ting-Tings

Versaemerge

Sevendust

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 14 2012, 03:11 PM)
Dawes

Time Spent In Los Angeles

When My Time Comes

Best Coast

Our Deal

Boyfriend

as far as old bands go:

Living Colour
Psychedelic Furs
Echo & The Bunnymen
Oingo Boingo

How can you hate Oingo Boingo? laugh.gif

Living Colour

They were all over MTV and got Huge tours like opening for The Stones. The Singer wanted to Act fing.gif . They broke up , they have Nobody to blame but themselfs

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 14 2012, 03:21 PM)
Living Colour

They were all over MTV and got Huge tours like opening for The Stones. The Singer wanted to Act fing.gif . They broke up , they have Nobody to blame but themselfs

Vernon Reid is really good...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 14 2012, 08:59 PM)
Living Colour

One summer I painted houses to pay for college(training racing snails is more exciting)...Time's Up was part of my Walkman painting soundtrack! I've got a Joe Stalin picture disc of Cult of Personality somewhere.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 14 2012, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 14 2012, 08:59 PM)
Living Colour

One summer I painted houses to pay for college(training racing snails is more exciting)...Time's Up was part of my Walkman painting soundtrack! I've got a Joe Stalin picture disc of Cult of Personality somewhere.

trink39.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 14 2012, 03:59 PM)
Living Colour

He is also a Grade A Asshole . A Dick of the highest order

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 14 2012, 04:25 PM)
Living Colour

Idk, I've heard some things about Jared Leto and Billy Joe.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 14 2012, 04:25 PM)
Living Colour

I don't want to hang out with him, all that's important to me with a musician is is he any good...

wink.gif

Maybe not in Australia, but....

MIDNIGHT OIL

Best live band I've ever seen, last show I saw was in 2002 shortly before they finally disbanded after 30 something years. The guys were probably almost 50 and the energy level was insane. My #1 favorite band.

Here's a live clip from a song they almost never played off their 1985 EP Species Deceases:

Blossom and Blood live

This one's even better & from the same concert, it's an early version of Bullroarer which would later go on their Diesel & Dust album (the one with Beds are Burning on it):

Bullroarer live, 1987

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 15 2012, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Mar 15 2012, 01:37 PM)
The Ting Tings??  unsure.gif  unsure.gif
In a Rush forum?  wacko.gif  wacko.gif

Yer lucky The Baldheaded Knowitalls skipped it...  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

(They're ok in my book).

That Ting Tings debut is poptastic. Killer tunes.

Just trying to prove you're actual and cool, Hatchet! laugh.gif laugh.gif

trink39.gif

A quick note about The J. Geils Band...... I saw them in Seattle at the Paramount in 1980 and it's the only time I ever saw a crowd refuse to leave a venue. The house lights came on and nobody left, they just kept screaming for another encore. Finally the band sent a roadie out and said they'd come back for one more song if we promised to leave after that. So after their FOURTH encore, we did. Amazing live band and an amazing night.

I absolutely adore Gov't Mule. Warren Haynes is such a nice laid back cool guy. Probably the hardest working musician out there.

I am actually glad (selfish me) that they haven't been more popular/successful. That means when I see them live, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg (usually about 30 bucks) and the shows are typcially general admission in a small intimate venue. I can generally get to a show 30 minutes before it starts and be the equivalent of 2nd or 3rd row.

Lastly, if you thought there weren't many women attending Rush shows, wait until you go to a Mule show.