What is your favorite RUSH studio album cover?

Presto-a RUSH fan!

What is your favorite RUSH studio album cover?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite RUSH studio album cover?

• RUSH
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress Of Steel
    • A Farewell To Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows

QUOTE (Animate @ May 14 2012, 08:23 AM)
P/G? Seriously? With those weird teeth and 80's hairdresser colors? It looks like Symes spilled some pink and turquois water color on some spackle and then doodled randomly around the edge.

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 14 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (Animate @ May 14 2012, 08:23 AM)
P/G?  Seriously?  With those weird teeth and 80's hairdresser colors?  It looks like Symes spilled some pink and turquois water color on some spackle and then doodled randomly around the edge.

facepalm.gif

Sorry you disagree. The teeth just creep me out. They look like human teeth as viewed from the front, but are sort of on an edge of the "plaster wall" that looks like an equine skull in profile. **shivers**

If this were a dust sleeve instead of album cover poll, I would have chosen differently because the whole egg in a vice grip thingy is cool yes.gif

I don't know how to upload pictures on here. But Ebay has some older p/g LP's for sale that show what the original LP cover looks like.

You can clearly see it is really not very remarkable, very muted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSH-GRACE-UNDER-P...8#ht_500wt_1057

Problem is that this link will be bunk once the auction is over.

Edited by Animate

It's a little ironic that my favourite RUSH album, Grace Under Pressure, is winning and I didn't vote for it. I am in the Test For Echo camp on this one. A giant Inuksuk with dudes with harnesses climbing it; how can you go wrong with that?!?! I like how awesomely Canadian it is as well. Now if only they had spelled the song Colour Of Right we'd really make it Canadian.

As far as Permanent Waves (close second in voting) goes, it is nice but flawed after they made the changes. Especially the foreign versions with that silly white bar covering the Dewei Defeats Truman headline. I would say it is solidly Top 5, but not the best.

FBN!! The OWL rocks!!!!

I love the Owl, but is anyone else perturbed by the fact that it has feet? Owls have talons. All of them. I guess not illustrated ones on RUSH albums, but really that's it!

They went right by me

Oh the talons went over my head

I was looking at the owl feet

I should have looked at talons instead

FBN!! The OWL rocks!!!!

I love the Owl, but is anyone else perturbed by the fact that it has feet? Owls have talons. All of them. I guess not illustrated ones on RUSH albums, but really that's it!

Btw, do you alphabetize your grocery list before you hit the supermarket? Or do you write the list according to which aisles the items are stocked?

• Like 2

FBN!! The OWL rocks!!!!

They don't just have talons they have feet as well, just stop to think about it for a minute.

5e470105a3ed319fa677e20f08cfee64.jpg

The talons are the black claws, the feet are covered in white feathers.

• Like 1

FBN!! The OWL rocks!!!!

Btw, do you alphabetize your grocery list before you hit the supermarket? Or do you write the list according to which aisles the items are stocked?

http://i.imgur.com/EOoYMwF.gif

• Like 3

FBN!! The OWL rocks!!!!

They don't just have talons they have feet as well, just stop to think about it for a minute.

5e470105a3ed319fa677e20f08cfee64.jpg

oh great, now we've got TD posting pictures of feet again

• Like 2

My favorite is definitely the cover of Hemispheres.

Runner-ups would be Permanent Waves and FTK, in that order.

I also really like the covers of TFE and Presto but don't like the albums.

• Like 1

FBN!! The OWL rocks!!!!

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5e/47/01/5e470105a3ed319fa677e20f08cfee64.jpg

Thank god we're here so that diatribein won't be perturbed anymore by owl feet.

Owl feet can be found here:

http://www.owlpages.com/owls/articles.php?a=9

http://www.floridageekscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bw-niteowl1-1.jpg

• Like 2