Let's HELP a fellow RUSH fan & Cancer Survivor...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

SO, it has gotten around UGA Miracle that my total has shot up so quickly due to this mysterious force known as TRF. I have been telling anyone who will listen about how much support I have gotten from the people on TRF and everyone I know is amazed as well as grateful. Today, my exec has put a new challenge to me...to see if I can raise $1,000 dollars. I learned today that $1,000 dollars will pay for 4 hours of out patient chemotherapy at Children's. I also learned that it take $1,000,000 a day to open the doors of this non-profit children's hospital. It also takes, on average, $20,000 to save one child's life. Last year UGA Miracle raised $220,000 and this year our goal is $300,000. This is a big challenge and everyone has been helping me raise so much money...i am still overwhelmed by it all. This will be the last time my total is raised. This is the final goal. I appreciate everything everyone has done and hate to keep begging for money. I know how hard the economy is and I know how hard it is to give when you can't really see the outcome of what you are donating too. I can though. It was my life that needed saving not to long ago. it was my life on the line and organizations like UGA Miracle that go ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty are the reason that I live today. It is the reason so many of our Miracle families get to celebrate birthdays and holidays with their children and with complete families. It is the reason that more children are surviving life threatening illnesses and accidents. This is HUGE. This is bigger than me and bigger than my total. There is a bigger picture to all of this. I ask you to share this with your friends, family, co-workers and anyone who will listen to see if we can make this happen. I already plan to formally recognize TRF as a donor at our annual 24 hour dance marathon on March 3rd when we announce who helped us raise our totals.

Thank you so much. This means the world to not only me, but also thousands of kids who are currently being treated at the hospitals or have been treated at the hospitals. Just please remember, it's all FTK...all for the kids.

Peace, Love, and 2.gif

Samm

QUOTE (Samm'sTestforEcho @ Feb 15 2012, 10:56 AM)
Hi everyone,

SO, it has gotten around UGA Miracle that my total has shot up so quickly due to this mysterious force known as TRF. I have been telling anyone who will listen about how much support I have gotten from the people on TRF and everyone I know is amazed as well as grateful. Today, my exec has put a new challenge to me...to see if I can raise $1,000 dollars. I learned today that $1,000 dollars will pay for 4 hours of out patient chemotherapy at Children's. I also learned that it take $1,000,000 a day to open the doors of this non-profit children's hospital. It also takes, on average, $20,000 to save one child's life. Last year UGA Miracle raised $220,000 and this year our goal is $300,000. This is a big challenge and everyone has been helping me raise so much money...i am still overwhelmed by it all. This will be the last time my total is raised. This is the final goal. I appreciate everything everyone has done and hate to keep begging for money. I know how hard the economy is and I know how hard it is to give when you can't really see the outcome of what you are donating too. I can though. It was my life that needed saving not to long ago. it was my life on the line and organizations like UGA Miracle that go ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty are the reason that I live today. It is the reason so many of our Miracle families get to celebrate birthdays and holidays with their children and with complete families. It is the reason that more children are surviving life threatening illnesses and accidents. This is HUGE. This is bigger than me and bigger than my total. There is a bigger picture to all of this. I ask you to share this with your friends, family, co-workers and anyone who will listen to see if we can make this happen. I already plan to formally recognize TRF as a donor at our annual 24 hour dance marathon on March 3rd when we announce who helped us raise our totals.

Thank you so much. This means the world to not only me, but also thousands of kids who are currently being treated at the hospitals or have been treated at the hospitals. Just please remember, it's all FTK...all for the kids.

Peace, Love, and 2.gif

Samm

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 15 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Samm'sTestforEcho @ Feb 15 2012, 10:56 AM)
Just please remember, it's all FTK...all for the kids.

AFTK... All For The Kids

or... A Farewell To Kings new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Good catch! Sam's fundraising efforts has also been picked up by "Rush Is A Band". Someone made a comment there about making donations in the amount of $21.12 which I thought was a very cool idea! Of course, larger donations are fine too!

Thanks again to everyone. Once again, 2.gif fans are the best!

John Dyar

I wanted to update everyone on Sam's progress. As of 9:30 PM EST, Sam's donations stand at $1,433.00. Way more than she ever thought she would get. She started out hoping for a couple hundred dollars and ended up having to change her goal amount 3 times because she kept surpassing it. I talked to Sam a little while ago after she got off work. She is emotionally drained. She is so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. So am I. The support Rush fans have shown is truly awesome. Rush fans generosity have made her one of the top fundraisers in UGA Miracle. There are still a couple weeks left in the fundraising year. Wouldn't it be great if Rush fans were responsible for making her the top fundraiser in UGA Miracle! So, if you would still like to donate, please do. It would be great at their 24 hr Dance Marathon, which is their last and biggest event of the year the first weekend in March, Rush Fans were responsible for the largest donation! Please give if you can.

RUSH ON!!

John Dyar

Wow...she is up to $1524 as of this post! I knew the RUSH community, would help and I thought we could triple her goal, but 6x' her goal in two days? notworthy.gif RUSH fans should take a bow!!! yes.gif UNBELIEVABLE!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

And thanks to RushIsABand.com for running a story, and someone from RIAB came up with the genius idea of donationg $21.12, I am sure this thing is far from over. When the RUSH community gets done with this, who knows how much she will raise AFTK All For The Kids! (nice one Lost In Xanadu!)

And really, if it wasn't for 2.gif granting a 16 yr old girl with cancer her dream...and what an amazing dream it was, none of this would have happened!

notworthy.gif 2.gif and RUSH fans!

I am so proud to be a Rush fan right now. Way to go, gang!! biggrin.gif

Not only are you helping a fellow Rush fan and sick children, but you're racking up some good karma, too. Over $1500 - absolutely awesome!!

BRAVO!!!

Wow...$1762.00 as of this post.

Truly unbelievable the hearts of RUSH fans! Someone gave $211.20!

While the amount doesn't matter whether it's $5 or $500, you gotta love $211.20!

I think TRF, RIAB and every other RUSH site or fan who gave and had a part are unbelievable! We have made 2.gif proud!

I think this is way better than having Countdown played on the Space Shuttle. So take that cheating Star Trek fans! (any RUSH Star Trek fans, please disregard!! laugh.gif )

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited to add: One of you Star Trek Forum / RUSH Forum Double Agents should leak this info to the Star Trek community! Maybe Samm will reach $300,000 in one hour like on the Space Shuttle vote!

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (johndyar @ Feb 16 2012, 06:19 PM)
We also talked about that some 2.gif being played at the upcoming Dance Marathon is in order as a tribute to 2.gif fans everywhere. Trying to think of some good 2.gif dance songs is hard! I thought "In The Mood" would be a good one. Any other ideas?

Take A Friend and Chain Lightning both have some great lyrics about people connecting with each other/coming together, and would probably be peppy enough to dance to. Good luck picking a song! icon_alienjig.gif

Well, so much for the $2,112.00 goal. Someone just made an anonymous $1,000.00 donation!!! She is so happy she can hardly talk! Her total now stands at $2,972.00!!!! Unreal!! If the person who made that donation is reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your donation is going to a very worthy cause!!

So now what, $3,000.00, $3,500.00, or maybe $4,224.00??

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Dear Friends,

I wish that I could put into words what I am feeling. I never thought that my total would reach $3,000 in 4 days. I just am...shocked. Thank you so much. I wish that I could say more, but i can't put it into words. I was informed tonight that I am one of the top fundraisers in Miracle at the moment. I have a hard time taking credit because it is all you guys. Some of the best people in the world have given so much to something i care so much about. I just can't express my gratitude. Thank you so much!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

This is going to do so much! this is amazing. My co-chair for the committee i'm on in miracle says that I alone have raised almost half of our committee total. And it is all thanks to you. You guys are amazing. Truly amazing.

*A spirit with a vision is a dream

With a mission*

Love,

Samm

QUOTE (Samm'sTestforEcho @ Feb 16 2012, 10:13 PM)
Dear Friends,

I wish that I could put into words what I am feeling. I never thought that my total would reach $3,000 in 4 days. I just am...shocked. Thank you so much. I wish that I could say more, but i can't put it into words. I was informed tonight that I am one of the top fundraisers in Miracle at the moment. I have a hard time taking credit because it is all you guys. Some of the best people in the world have given so much to something i care so much about. I just can't express my gratitude. Thank you so much!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

This is going to do so much! this is amazing. My co-chair for the committee i'm on in miracle says that I alone have raised almost half of our committee total. And it is all thanks to you. You guys are amazing. Truly amazing.
*A spirit with a vision is a dream
With a mission*

Love,
Samm

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

TRF = 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Nice work, Sam!