Is Eddie Van Halen A Rush Fan? "In The Heart Of

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 11 2012, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 11 2012, 01:31 AM)
There is a section on this forum called Music Of The Spheres.  It is full of Van Has Been discussion.

You don't have to like them, but to call them Has beens is wrong. They still sell out Arenas for more than one night in any given city . Rush has not done it since 1991 ,the RTB tour . The new album sold over 200,000 copies since tuesday, V.T. and S&A sold 500,000 combined since 2002 .

cool10.gif

Selling out concerts means nothing to Rush. At least they have been a tight group through out there career. VH is nothing more than a soap opera and a revolving door. Who are desperate to pay there bills. That's the reality of it all. cool.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've posted here before, I too am really enjoying the new VH album , but truth be told, Dave's voice is shot to all hell. He does just fine when he stays in his baritone register, but he's trying to sing way too high way too much on this new album and he sounds like $hit when he tries to do that. It's a fun album to listen to, but it doesnt come close to as good as any of the other albums he did with them in the 70's and 80's. The music is absolutely kick ass, but you just cant get around the horrible singing...or at least I cant. I would rank this album above Balance and VH III, but thats as high as it gets in my ranking of VH albums.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Feb 8 2012, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2012, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 7 2012, 10:31 PM)
I think you may be assuming prematurely.

Hahaha! Story of my life!!!

I will be honest and open hearted with my "Clockwork Angels" review but I just don't see how the new album will top this new Van Halen record.

Most humans thought that Eddie was washed up and done. Eddie is back and I am sure that his guitar work will blow Lifeson's away on "Clockwork." Will Geddy and Nick even let Alex solo for more that five seconds?

It doesn't matter at this point. Eddie is kicking my ass right now. A LEGEND!!

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Worth the 12 year wait!!

"While the servant waits the masturbates."

Signed,

"History Of The World Part I" 1022.gif

Are you freakin serious---that piece of crap stinks---and who is the bass player? Wolfgang Van Tubby?. Rehashed old garbage, with a washed up old clown as a singer-----HORRIBLE 2.gif

laugh.gif

If you want a good van halen record. listen to 1 through 84.. and that's all you need.. this new crap is just chasing a dream thats way over.. They should have done this shit back in 97.. when they had mikey and were in their early 40's not 56 57 all beat up and worn out.. But david lee was too much of a werdio to turn a great thing down , where he could have brought the band back on the map and made tons of money. but nope. had to bee all weirded out again......too late..

QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:38 PM)
If you want a good van halen record. listen to 1 through 84.. and that's all you need.. this new crap is just chasing a dream thats way over.. They should have done this shit back in 97.. when they had mikey and were in their early 40's not 56 57 all beat up and worn out.. But david lee was too much of a werdio to turn a great thing down , where he could have brought the band back on the map and made tons of money. but nope. had to bee all weirded out again......too late..

A Wet Dream!! The new album is heavier than 1984! METAL! 1287.gif

The first six VH albums are PERFECT.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 14 2012, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:38 PM)
If you want a good van halen record. listen to 1 through 84.. and that's all you need.. this new crap is just chasing a dream thats way over.. They should have done this shit back in 97.. when they had mikey and were in their early 40's not 56 57 all beat up and worn out.. But david lee was too much of a werdio to turn a great thing down , where he could have brought the band back on the  map and made tons of money. but nope. had to bee all  weirded out again......too late..

A Wet Dream!! The new album is heavier than 1984! METAL! 1287.gif

The first six VH albums are PERFECT.

I like VH as much as the next guy but Diver Down is far from perfect. LOL

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 12 2012, 10:29 PM)
Selling out concerts means nothing to Rush.

It does now, that's where the money is in music. No sellout concert means less moola, and therefore means lifestyle compromise for Neil...

trink38.gif

there is no "acoustic guitar intro" anywhere on the new Van Halen album.

EDIT: Stay Frosty is acoustic.

its an OK album...for Van Halen...much of it sounds like "heard this before" land.

Sounds more like Van Halen than anyhthing they have done in 30 years.

The Hagar Years were a waste of time. Gary Cherone immediately forgettable.

it does not matter who plays bass in Van Halen...Anthony was there because he could hit the high notes.

Edited by druid13

Who are desperate to pay there bills. That's the reality of it all. cool.gif

That would be Mr. Peart. He spent most of his Cash the years leading up to VT. tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 14 2012, 01:34 AM)

It does now, that's where the money is in music. No sellout concert means less moola, and therefore means lifestyle compromise for Neil...

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (okiimatsu @ Feb 14 2012, 12:31 PM)
I prefer the indigo girls version of blood and fire a thousand times more than this vh crap.

The Indigo Girls ? I feel for you

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 14 2012, 05:58 AM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

What ever losers. laugh.gif You know what I mean when it comes to the band. Obviously the money is important. It is for all of us. But they have the attitude that it's not all about numbers. A down to earth band who just loves to play music. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 14 2012, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 14 2012, 05:58 AM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

What ever losers. laugh.gif You know what I mean when it comes to the band. Obviously the money is important. It is for all of us. But they have the attitude that it's not all about numbers. A down to earth band who just loves to play music. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

yes.gif I think ultimately what their ability to continue filling arenas means to them is it makes them want to keep making music knowing there's still enough of us out here still interested in what they're doing. If at any point during the past two decades they stopped filling arenas I think they'd have packed it in.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2012, 01:23 AM)
I'm really loving the new Van Halen album as I would assume most of you are!

It's fanfukkingtastic!  I'm DEAF!!!

Anyway I had to play the acoustic guitar intro over and over again on "Blood And Fire."

It instantly reminded me of a few Rush acoustic guitar intros.

What do you think Rushheads?

"Blood And Fire"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY7ZqN8Ksdg

"Closer To The Heart"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBCjo2rUZg

"The Trees"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHEcIbhDiw

"A Different Kind Of Truth"  is "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

Will "Clockwork Angels" top it??????????

1287.gif

Hey buddy long time no talk,

No offense, but I don't get all the love for the new VH. I mean it's not bad by any means, but it certainly isn't great, IMO, of course.

And that said, while I really like early Van Halen with Roth, if I had to choose between that era and the Van Hagar era, I'd take the Hagar era hands down.

Again, it's just different tastes in music and different opinions, and probably my memories attached to the Van Hagar stuff when it came out has alot to do with that opinion as well. But Van Hagar was so much better than this new VH album and like I said, while I really do like the old VH with Roth, I choose Van Hagar, both lyrics wise and musically also.

But you know what they say about opinions...mine is always right! laugh.gif

trink39.gif

PS. Oh and seriously...you think that this new VH will be better than CA? It may sell more, but there is no way it will be better...again, IMO....no scratch that, it will be better...and that's a fact! tongue.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 13 2012, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 12 2012, 12:45 PM)
This thread needs some Dream Theater. cool10.gif

I think it needs more ELP!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/Love20Beach.jpg

Man, what the f-ck were they thinking...

Quite.

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 14 2012, 11:23 PM)

What ever losers. laugh.gif

moon.gif I miss the Troutman trink39.gif

I too think the Hagar era gets way too bad a rap. I think there are some really excellent songs on those 3 albums. Some classics in fact. They did some really cool stuff. The problem was that Hagar got a little too mushy too often with his lyrics and it was just such a huge departure from Roth and his carefree, party all the time lyrics.

I really love Dreams, Right Now, Top of the World, Black and Blue, Pleasure Dome, Feels so Good, Loves Walks in

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 16 2012, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 13 2012, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 12 2012, 12:45 PM)
This thread needs some Dream Theater. cool10.gif

I think it needs more ELP!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/Love20Beach.jpg

Man, what the f-ck were they thinking...

Quite.

The "Love Reach" around is a spectacular record.

062802puke_prv.gif