Dallas Cowboys

Collins may have just made this an O line to best the 90's squad. It may be The Cowboys turn again.

I made a comment in another thread that the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl and was laughed at. I think it's completely reasonable for them to go and I don't see how anyone that knows anything about football could make a counter argument. We have a good shot.

The defense will crack the top ten this year. Just watch.

Could they go? Sure. They're third in the Vegas odds in the NFC. Are they a lock, or even the favorites? They're not really all that close to being favorites.

• Like 1

They are right in the mix though, and it is hard to argue otherwise. The offence and defense are both improved considerably. And last year they were a catch over-ruled from the NFC championship game against a team they had already beaten. Looking forward to this season!

They are right in the mix though, and it is hard to argue otherwise. The offence and defense are both improved considerably. And last year they were a catch over-ruled from the NFC championship game against a team they had already beaten. Looking forward to this season!

I wouldn't argue otherwise. But they're not the favorites.

I wouldn't argue otherwise. But they're not the favorites.

I think you're going to see a drastically improved defense. We don't have many weaknesses now. Aside from Witten and Romo, the team is extremely young and deep.

Collins may have just made this an O line to best the 90's squad. It may be The Cowboys turn again.

I made a comment in another thread that the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl and was laughed at. I think it's completely reasonable for them to go and I don't see how anyone that knows anything about football could make a counter argument. We have a good shot.

The defense will crack the top ten this year. Just watch.

Could they go? Sure. They're third in the Vegas odds in the NFC. Are they a lock, or even the favorites? They're not really all that close to being favorites.

They're not that far from being favorites. What kind of gorilla math are you throwing out there? :P

My point is that it is not laughable to believe that the Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl barring injury to Romo. I honestly don't believe there is a team head and shoulders above us in the entire NFL. And it's hard to argue against it. I don't see one anyway.

What worries me is I totally gave up on them before last season and then they go 12-4. So now I am all in - I hope I don't jinx them!

My first Cowboys memories were right before we got Dorsett. His rookie year was the first year that I played pee wee football. I was the running back and emulated him. After many years of success in my early life, the Cowboys dipped for a few years and then became horrible. Then Jimmy came along, and with help from the Herschall Walker trade, we were contenders for several years. Last year felt like the year we lost to the Lions in the playoffs.

We are close. I can smell it. I know what it looks like and I think we are damn close. The window will only be open for two more years. Three if we are damn lucky.

So Syrinx, don't worry about a jinx and just enjoy the ride. I really want this for Romo. He's been a hell of a player and everyone hates him even though he carried the team for a few years. We have terrible fans in this town. Dirk took a kick in the pants for several years until he finally won it all and now everyone loves him.

If we pull it off this year, there will be a ton of people that I'm going to make eat shit over the Romo hate.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass
  • Like 1

I actually thought the Cowboys were going to win last season. No word of a lie.

I thought we were capable of beating any team in the league towards the end of the year but the defense worried me quite a bit. It appears that it should be vastly improved.

I actually thought the Cowboys were going to win last season. No word of a lie.

I thought we were capable of beating any team in the league towards the end of the year but the defense worried me quite a bit. It appears that it should be vastly improved.

There's a lot of talent on that roster. Last year Dallas was just coming good at the right time (ie December onwards) & looked formidable. They were also getting the lucky calls, & that's no disrespect to them. Every champion team needs luck.

My one real reservation about Dallas is that there are just too many nutters on that team who have no control over themselves under real pressure. That's a genuine Achilles heel to their ambition.

Edited by Turbine Freight

Being a Cowboys bandwagon fan is a grand tradition in this town. But this is Texas, you’re always welcome.

I would also point out that every championship Cowboys team has had it’s nutter’s. Hell, it’s football, even the bad teams have idiots. It’s a gladiator sport after all.

Being a Cowboys bandwagon fan is a grand tradition in this town. But this is Texas, you’re always welcome.

I would also point out that every championship Cowboys team has had it’s nutter’s. Hell, it’s football, even the bad teams have idiots. It’s a gladiator sport after all.

All this hype makes the Cowboys even more fun to root against! :clap:

• Like 1

When does hype result in success? Not often.

• Like 1

Aye!

We're going to be very very good. It's not hype just look at the roster. We're deep and young.

I hate bandwaggoners no matter what the franchise.

I'll stick with my own team 'til I drop in the pine box!

Who's your team?

Philadelphia Eagles.

Did you like your off season moves? I really don't know what to think about them.

Eagles and chip are either going to be really good or a major bust. It is going to be fun to watch either way.

My money's on major bust.

You have Tebow now...it's Super Bowl time.

• Like 3

I hate bandwaggoners no matter what the franchise.

I'll stick with my own team 'til I drop in the pine box!

Who's your team?

Philadelphia Eagles.

Did you like your off season moves? I really don't know what to think about them.

No I think the trades Kelly's made are bordering on suicidal. No idea why we took Murray at such a high price, Bradford is just OK when healthy but hasn't even played since a major injury & Tebow is just taking the p1ss.

Still no secondary to speak of, still no genuine QB.

I think this is the year Kelly comes undone. It's his roster now, his choices. He'll have to stand or fall on his own decisions.

Eagles and chip are either going to be really good or a major bust. It is going to be fun to watch either way.

My money's on major bust.

You have Tebow now...it's Super Bowl time.

Yeah I had a message from God who told me his boy Tim is going to take care of everything.