Dallas Cowboys

22 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Hope you're doing OK, Mr. Compass!   :wave:

Tough loss.  The Cowboys have too many good players to let this loss destroy them.  They will return.  :thumbsup:         

2 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Same old crap.  Some heads are going to roll.

Some heads will roll, but the same types of heads will replace them, and then they'll be replaced ... and that is life in Jerry World. This maddening cycle of underachieving -- especially in the playoffs -- will continue until:

A) Jerry Jones puts his ego aside and hires a respected head coach that is given autonomy, which will never happen because he's a narcissistic control freak who only hires lapdogs. Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells -- three legends and subsequent Jones victims -- can vouch for this.

B) Jerry Jones dies and someone other than his kids takes over, which will never happen because his kids are already ensconced in the highest levels of the organization. That sounds like mob boss stuff, doesn't it?

Being a Giants fan is not much fun right now, but I truly can't imagine being a Cowboys fan.

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Being a Giants fan is not much fun right now, but I truly can't imagine being a Cowboys fan.

There are two kinds of misery for NFL fans: 

1) Your team never makes the playoffs

2) Your team keeps making the playoffs, but they always lose

One could argue that #2 is worse, because fans get their hopes way up, only to see them crushed again and again.    

• Like 2

Jerruh, speaking at the Senior Bowl:

“I think I’ve said in the deal that we will go as far as Dak takes us in the playoffs. Remember that. We will go as far as Dak takes us, and that is how far we went. So my point is, that doesn’t change a thing. We’ll go as far as Dak takes us.”

Does that sound to anyone else like he's partially blaming Dak for the Packers fiasco? It seems a little back-handed, that "as far as we went" business. Too bad Dak couldn't have played defense, I guess.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

So without Pollard, our running game will feature . . . who, exactly? More pressure on Dak performing out of his head.

I was all for rolling the dice on Derrick Henry.  We have no running back or a center.  We have so damn many holes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

I was all for rolling the dice on Derrick Henry.  We have no running back or a center.  We have so damn many holes.

El Paso native AARON JONES was available, but Jerruh was too slow....