Genetically Modified Foods

Without going into SOCN territory, I honestly cannot stand to the point of contempt the hostility against GM foods....

GM foods, unlike traditionally grown foods have to pass through more standards... instead of just the F.D.A...

And lets face it... GM foods are modified so they can yield more food per plant, and grow in climates/soil where it could not grow previously... (ex. Drier regions of Mexico and Africa) feeding Billions of people that could not have previously been fed....

GM foods help save lives... PERIOD!! and It just infuriates me when I see groups like Greenpeace protesting GM foods.

Do you mean like a banana?

I do not have a problem with GM foods in general, as others have said human have been doing this since the beginning of agriculture. But, there are some serious concerns.

Where I do have issue is when the GM foods:

Seed stock are owned and contain "terminator technology"

GM foods cross pollination is dominant producing genetic pollution (Gene transfer to non-target species)

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 5 2012, 01:31 AM)
Without going into SOCN territory, I honestly cannot stand to the point of contempt the hostility against GM foods....

GM foods, unlike traditionally grown foods have to pass through more standards... instead of just the F.D.A...

And lets face it... GM foods are modified so they can yield more food per plant, and grow in climates/soil where it could not grow previously... (ex. Drier regions of Mexico and Africa) feeding Billions of people that could not have previously been fed....

GM foods help save lives... PERIOD!! and It just infuriates me when I see groups like Greenpeace protesting GM foods.

This.

You don't feed the six billion people on this planet without the help of GM foods.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 13 2012, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 5 2012, 01:31 AM)

GM foods help save lives... PERIOD!!  and It just infuriates me when I see groups like Greenpeace protesting GM foods.

This.

You don't feed the six billion people on this planet without the help of GM foods.

goodpost.gif s

Frankenfood!!!

Look how big people are these days - not just weight but height. There

is something more going on out there beside DNA/RNA. unsure.gif

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Feb 13 2012, 04:08 PM)
Do you mean like a banana?

I do not have a problem with GM foods in general, as others have said human have been doing this since the beginning of agriculture. But, there are some serious concerns.

Where I do have issue is when the GM foods:

Seed stock are owned and contain "terminator technology"

GM foods cross pollination is dominant producing genetic pollution (Gene transfer to non-target species)

I'm not talking about encouraging genes that are already existing; I'm talking about introducing genes from other species, like this:

Fish Tomato

Spinach Pig