Best vocalists of all time

adace1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Feb 2 2012, 12:20 AM)
Out of curiosity, I'm not seeing any mentions of Geddy on here. Is this for real, or are many people just assuming Geddy would be on these lists? The funny thing with me is, Geddy isn't even in my Top 10, but I still love his vocals in Rush, and wouldn't have them any other way. Rush is my favorite band and Geddy is my favorite bassist, keyboardist (I know, I know), and one of my favorite arrangers.

He's on my list!

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Feb 2 2012, 02:20 AM)
Out of curiosity, I'm not seeing any mentions of Geddy on here. Is this for real, or are many people just assuming Geddy would be on these lists? The funny thing with me is, Geddy isn't even in my Top 10, but I still love his vocals in Rush, and wouldn't have them any other way. Rush is my favorite band and Geddy is my favorite bassist, keyboardist (I know, I know), and one of my favorite arrangers.

I figured since we're all on TRF it goes without saying that we all love Geddy. I agree with you though, he's not a top ten for me either, but I love the voice and he's a huge part of the band. trink39.gif

QUOTE (2112mjh @ Feb 2 2012, 12:48 PM)
Jim Dewar - sang on the first classic Robin Trower lp's. Beautiful, powerful and soulful all at the same time. RIP - a real unsung legend.

Another good call!!

I have to chime in to say I always forget to mention an absolute stud vocalist. Brent Smith of Shinedown is a god!!! That guy has serious chops!!! 1022.gif

also underrated are...

Ray Alder - Redemption

Steve Hogarth - Marillion

Micheal Erickson - Circus Maximus

I feel better having mention these singers. They rock! 1022.gif

Some of my favorite females:

Tori Amos

Shirley Manson (Garbage)

Dolores O'Riordian (The Cranberries)

Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)

Hayley Williams (Paramore)

Alanis Morissette

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Feb 1 2012, 11:20 PM)

I wouldn't put him on my list, but i certainly wouldn't put robert mushroom on it either... but a lot of people did put him on and not geddy, which is concerning... they need to give caress of steel a spin wink.gif

QUOTE (TheWhalerfan @ Feb 11 2012, 09:08 PM)
My top 3 vocalists of all time are:

1. Ann Wilson

2. Ann Wilson

3. Ann Wilson

Seriously, there are a ton of great ones but no-one does it for me like Ann.

Have you been at one of their shows and seen her do "Alone" live? God, absolutely chill inducing.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 12 2012, 12:23 AM)

Have you been at one of their shows and seen her do "Alone" live? God, absolutely chill inducing.

Finally got to see them last Feb..too bad it wasn't 1979, but I will take present day over nothing. Ann is an awesome vocalist, everything I had hoped for. Did a great cover of 'Gimme Shelter', a nice break from the dozens of Zep covers they usually do. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (TheWhalerfan @ Feb 13 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 12 2012, 12:23 AM)

Finally got to see them last Feb..too bad it wasn't 1979, but I will take present day over nothing. Ann is an awesome vocalist, everything I had hoped for. Did a great cover of 'Gimme Shelter', a nice break from the dozens of Zep covers they usually do. biggrin.gif

That would've been cool.

BTW, not to be a dick, but I saw them in '77 with Stpephen Bishop, Tower of Power and Foreigner opening. Have seen them 2 more times in the last 10 yaers.