The Official Megadeth Thread

Union 5-3992

yeah, being a kid, I've never seen them, but I'm seeing them open for maiden on my birthday in a few months. I'm mostly just want to see them just to say I've seen them...

I bought one of their live albums a few years ago, back when I still bought CDs, and dave's voice was embarrasingly shitty

however, I've heard some of his other recent live shit and he didnt sound bad, so maybe it was an off-night

I'm mostly just want to see them just to say I've seen them...

That was my attitude a lot in the 90s and I'm glad. Never really been a fan but WTF, especially after seeing them, Pantera and whoever else in their prime.

Kingmaker doesn't sound too bad but overall it just sounds like an OK song that would be on Endgame or United Abominations. I think the bands real problem is that they just need to take a vacation and relax for a bit. That way Mustaine can refocus and maybe get some good creative juices flowing again. I'm not talking about another Peace Sells or RIP, let's face it, you're an idiot if you think they will ever go back to that sound again. But if they can do something like The System Has Failed or Endgame again then the band would be alright.

The reason I say they need a vacation (Mustaine mainly) is because since Endgame came out in 2009 they've done nothing but tour. They've only taken brief time off here and there to record Thirteen and now to record this new album. Hell, they pretty much recorded their last album in about a month and were off to tour again. At least with this one they've taken a little more time but still I can't see how the band isn't burnt out. I remember two years ago Mustaine had some problem with his shoulder and got surgery in the middle of the tour and just continued on without taking off to recover at all. Now I understand they want to cash in on the whole Big 4 thing and Mustaine didn't want to drop out of a big tour like the Mayhem Fest, but you've gotta take some time off at some point. Don't worry if you take a couple years off Dave, I know the fans will still be there when you get back.

These dates were announced a few weeks back but Megadeth will be doing another Gigantour this summer in North America. Co-headlining is Black Label Society. HellYeah and Newstead are also on the bill. Not exactly the greatest lineup but Megadeth is the band that sells the tickets for this tour anyways.

Jul 03, 2013 Gilford, NH Meadowbrook Pavilion

Jul 05, 2013 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

Jul 06, 2013 Canandigua, NY CMAC

Jul 08, 2013 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre

Jul 09, 2013 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena

Jul 10, 2013 Youngstown, OH Covelli Center

Jul 12, 2013 Dallas, Texas Gexa Energy Pavilion

Jul 13, 2013 Lubbock, TX Lonestar Amphitheater

Jul 14, 2013 Corpus Christi, TX Concrete Street Amphitheatre

Jul 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK Zoo Amphitheater

Jul 18, 2013 Bloomington, IL US Cellular Coliseum

Jul 19, 2013 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom

Jul 20, 2013 Cadott, WI Chippewa Valley Rock Fest

Jul 22, 2013 Winnipeg, MB MTS Center

Jul 23, 2013 Regina, SK Brandt Centre

Jul 25, 2013 Calgary, AB Stampede Corral

Jul 26, 2013 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

Jul 27, 2013 Dawson Creek, BC EnCana Events Centre

Jul 29, 2013 Abbotsford, BC Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre

Jul 30, 2013 Everett, WA Comcast Arena

Aug 01, 2013 West Valley City, UT Maverik Center

Aug 02, 2013 Broomfield, CO 1st Bank Center

Aug 04, 2013 Fargo, ND Scheels Arena

Aug 09, 2013 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center

Aug 10, 2013 Montreal, Quebec Heavy MTL 2013

Aug 11, 2013 Toronto, ON Molson Canadian Amphitheater

luckily I'll be seeing megadeth with iron f***ing maiden on my birthday, and won't have to sit through bands like hellyeah

I've never understood why people talk about having to sit through this band or that band. Nothing says you have to be present while a band you don't like is playing. There are plenty of shows I've gone to where I didn't like the support acts so I would just show up late or hang out by the concession stands/bar until the band was done.

This years Gigantour lineup does really suck when I think back to when I saw the first one in 2005. They had Megadeth and Dream Theater as the headliners and bands like Nevermore, Fear Factory and Symphony X on it.

Just listened to the new album. Sucks as expected. Burn and Built for War are decent though even if they aren't especially impressive. All in all, this album is basically a collection of songs that weren't good enough for Thirteen. Edited by adace1

luckily I'll be seeing megadeth with iron f***ing maiden on my birthday, and won't have to sit through bands like hellyeah

I've never understood why people talk about having to sit through this band or that band. Nothing says you have to be present while a band you don't like is playing. There are plenty of shows I've gone to where I didn't like the support acts so I would just show up late or hang out by the concession stands/bar until the band was done.

This years Gigantour lineup does really suck when I think back to when I saw the first one in 2005. They had Megadeth and Dream Theater as the headliners and bands like Nevermore, Fear Factory and Symphony X on it.

sure you can buy 10 dollar beers and 8 dollar hot dogs during hellyeah's set, but you still paid for a hellyeah, and who wants to do that?

Just listened to the new album. Sucks as expected. Burn and Built for War are decent though even if they aren't especially impressive. All in all, this album is basically a collection songs that weren't good enough for Thirteen.

and thirteen wasnt very good to begin with, so this album must really suck balls

• Like 1

sure you can buy 10 dollar beers and 8 dollar hot dogs during hellyeah's set, but you still paid for a hellyeah, and who wants to do that?

Who said that I spend money at the concession stand? Just because you're hanging out there doesn't mean you have to buy anything. Buying a ticket does mean you paid in some way for HellYeah but if people avoided getting tickets to shows because they didn't want any of their money to go to support acts they don't like, ticket sales wouldn't be too good for most package tours.

I'm going to see Alice Cooper in a few weeks and Marilyn Manson is also on the bill. I don't like Manson and I know some of my money goes to him but I want to see Cooper so it's something that can't be avoided. HellYeah isn't a draw for this tour anyways, they just needed a band to fill an open spot. HellYeah will see a very small percentage of the ticket sales if they see any at all. Megadeth and BLS will be getting the bulk of that.

you're way overthinking this, dude

my main point was that I get to see iron maiden and megadeth on my birthday, so I don't even have to be in the same building as a shitty band like hellyeah. I get the better bill. don't really give a shit who my money's going towards, no need for charts or a list of facts or anything.

my main point was that I get to see iron maiden and megadeth on my birthday, so I don't even have to be in the same building as a shitty band like hellyeah. I get the better bill. don't really give a shit who my money's going towards, no need for charts or a list of facts or anything.

It's like how I got Candlebox instead of Primus opening up for RUSH on the CP tour. :rage:

• Like 1

He always overthinks and analyzes shit too much!

• Like 1

Actually, this is not true. And here are 12 paragraphs about why you are wrong....

• Like 1

I do? Oh well, deal with it :cool: I'm hardly the worst on this board when it comes to going on and on.

Back on topic, the new Megadeth album sucks. Musically most of the songs are decent but lyrically it just seems as if Dave has given up. It's like a child wrote the lyrics on this.

I actually think the new album is way better than 13. The title track is really the only misstep IMO. Built For War, Dance In The Rain, and The Blackest Crow are really good. I've only listened to it a couple times but it seems consistently better than 13 and UA.