Rush Poster In Nightmare On Elm Street

presto123

I can't believe I never noticed that before. I'm sure it's been discussed on here at some point but I couldn't find a thread about it. Last night I was watching the original Nightmare and there is a huge GUP poster right above Johnny Depp's bed. The poster gets tons of air time and even gets blood spattered when Depp gets pulled down into the bed by Freddie. LOL I listened to the disc commentary hoping they would mention the poster above the bed but alas. I also noticed a Police poster in the main character Nancy's bedroom. Any other movies or TV stuff you have noticed Rush stuff in?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 13 2011, 07:03 PM)
I can't believe I never noticed that before. I'm sure it's been discussed on here at some point but I couldn't find a thread about it. Last night I was watching the original Nightmare and there is a huge GUP poster right above Johnny Depp's bed. The poster gets tons of air time and even gets blood spattered when Depp gets pulled down into the bed by Freddie. LOL I listened to the disc commentary hoping they would mention the poster above the bed but alas. I also noticed a Police poster in the main character Nancy's bedroom. Any other movies or TV stuff you have noticed Rush stuff in?

Got that movie - sure, I noticed the poster.

There was a commercial shown on local t.v here,

that had some dude wearing a RUSH shirt.It showed

the guy in either a music store or a record store.

That's all I can recall about it.It was on about 1 or

2 yrs. ago, for the 1st time..Havent seen it in about

5 or 6 months.I saw it about 3 or 4 times.

How about the scence in the mall in Fast Times where you can see Exit Stage Left albums on display.

It is not obvious...but you can see it in a blurry kind of way behind Damone as he is talking to Rat.

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 13 2011, 03:42 PM)
How about the scence in the mall in Fast Times where you can see Exit Stage Left albums on display.

It is not obvious...but you can see it in a blurry kind of way behind Damone as he is talking to Rat.

http://2112.net/powerwindows/references/FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.gif

as I recall, the Grace Under Pressure cover art is in that scene on Nightmare on Elm Street, but the band name and title are not there.

There is a movie called Adventureland with that chick from Twilight and the dude from the Facebook movie. There are a few Rush references, specifically I believe Limelight is played in the movie

Also, I was watching the Bonus features on my Titanic DVD and in the "deleted scenes" section there is a scene of Rose singing "Ghost of a Chance" to Jack after she lets go of his hand and he sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Kinda caught me off guard, but pretty cool regardless

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 14 2011, 11:45 PM)
There is a movie called Adventureland with that chick from Twilight and the dude from the Facebook movie. There are a few Rush references, specifically I believe Limelight is played in the movie

Also, I was watching the Bonus features on my Titanic DVD and in the "deleted scenes" section there is a scene of Rose singing "Ghost of a Chance" to Jack after she lets go of his hand and he sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Kinda caught me off guard, but pretty cool regardless

What? I 've never noticed that and I've even listened to all the commentary tracks on there. Don't think I ever watched deleted scenes. Thanks for heads up.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 14 2011, 11:58 PM)

What? I 've never noticed that and I've even listened to all the commentary tracks on there. Don't think I ever watched deleted scenes. Thanks for heads up.

Yup. Watch closely

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 16 2011, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 14 2011, 11:58 PM)

Yup. Watch closely

I couldn't find it. How much of the song and what lines does she sing? I don't have any deleted scenes on my special features. Just something called Branching The Behind The Scenes Featurettes. I didn't see it on any of the behind the scenes footage. I have the Titanic 10th anniversary edition two disc collection set. Is that what you have? I even searched youtube to try and find it to no avail:(