THE ONLY BORED THREAD v.1

ghostworks

When I got here 5 years ago, I'd never heard of a Macallan. Then I saw the Macallan thread, and I'm like "Wow....!" Last year, I said if they were available in the UK, I'd buy one. I'd always wanted one since I saw the thread, and spent those five years looking for this drink. Then one day, I was in a store, I looked up, and there it was - a whole row of them! I stood there gazing up. I bought a bottle, which also contained a velvet bag of cufflinks for £35.
  • Like 1

When I got here 5 years ago, I'd never heard of a Macallan. Then I saw the Macallan thread, and I'm like "Wow....!" Last year, I said if they were available in the UK, I'd buy one. I'd always wanted one since I saw the thread, and spent those five years looking for this drink. Then one day, I was in a store, I looked up, and there it was - a whole row of them! I stood there gazing up. I bought a bottle, which also contained a velvet bag of cufflinks for £35.

Macallan Gold!

I have yet to see the new NAS (no age statement) Macallan 1824 series here in the States (Gold, Amber, Sienna and Ruby)

my very first Scotch was The Macallan 12 and I took to it right away - got a Macallan Cask Strength (sadly no longer made) after that and I've been a fan of Macallan and whisky ever since

over the last five years, bourbon has become an enjoyable place to find huge variety in flavor - much more 'experimental' than Scotch (and typically a lot less expensive)

did you open it? what did you think?

Macallan Gold!

I have yet to see the new NAS (no age statement) Macallan 1824 series here in the States (Gold, Amber, Sienna and Ruby)

my very first Scotch was The Macallan 12 and I took to it right away - got a Macallan Cask Strength (sadly no longer made) after that and I've been a fan of Macallan and whisky ever since

over the last five years, bourbon has become an enjoyable place to find huge variety in flavor - much more 'experimental' than Scotch (and typically a lot less expensive)

did you open it? what did you think?

That's just it - I haven't opened it yet. I know it sounds stupid, but it's like I can't bear to. You know the weirdest thing? When I stood there staring up at them, it was like I'd developed a sense of tunnel vision: nothing and no one else around me existed, all sound evaporated, just me and this row of Macallan. Btw, I know how that sounds. Finally, I mentally slapped myself and reached up for one.

I'll take a bal molokai coconut on the rocks.

An alcoholics coping method #237:

At night, enjoy a tea or another rich, calming drink, in a manner which you'd normally drink your alcohol beverage (so for me, in a whiskey glass & on the rocks). It's all about association.

You won't get the effects of the alcohol, but you will technically be enjoying a drink...

• Like 1