Clockwork Angels coming out Spring 2012

losingit2k

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 7 2011, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 7 2011, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 7 2011, 06:51 PM)
It's been far too long that the songs have been released and the current recordings should in no ways be considered part of the album.

Peter Gabriel recorded "I Grieve" for the City of Angels soundtrack in 1998 and then included it on his Up album in 2002, 4 years later. I always felt a little cheated by that, like that spot on the album should have been filled by a new song. I have a feeling I'm going to think of Caravan/BU2B the same way, unfortunately.

I'm glad it's on Up. It's a deeply moving song that I never would have discovered had it not been on the album.

It's one of my favorites of his, and I certainly understand why it's on Up, but I still feel a little cheated. I'm glad that others discovered as a result though, because it's worth discovering!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (musicpro @ Nov 7 2011, 03:23 PM)
As Geddy confirmed in the recent Rolling Stone interview, they haven't even completed most of the recording and said that they'll "start recording in earnest shortly", so it's highly unlikely that we'll see Clockwork Angels by Spring 2012, even if recording is finished by Xmas.

Probably looking at starting mixing in Spring and then mid-2012 before it hits the shops.

News article here:- http://www.8263.co.uk/sites/musicpro/news/..._geddy_lee.html

Um - this article gets the title of the album wrong (Workin them Angels?) and says the Time Machine DVD will be released here Dec 20 - I plan on buying my copy tomorrow.

So,...I'll go out on a limb and presume that the official announcement in the OP is more likely to pan out.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Nov 7 2011, 07:54 PM)
This will be the first album released with me being a Rush fan.

Me too! A momentous occasion for us! I can understand the "sick of waiting" feeling that a lot of folks have, since another band I'm into has been working on their "new album" for eight years, and I'm reaching the point where I don't believe them anymore. I'm not quite there with Rush, since I haven't been a fan that long, and it seems like the album WILL happen.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 7 2011, 10:15 PM)

Me too! A momentous occasion for us! I can understand the "sick of waiting" feeling that a lot of folks have, since another band I'm into has been working on their "new album" for eight years, and I'm reaching the point where I don't believe them anymore. I'm not quite there with Rush, since I haven't been a fan that long, and it seems like the album WILL happen.

You've had 8 thousand posts since SnA came out? Wow. Spend much time online? tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Nov 7 2011, 01:55 PM)
Just because it says Spring doesn't mean they can't push it back but I am hopeful it will be Spring as are you:)

You can also go the other way. Just because it says spring doesn't mean that it won't come out in like February or something.

You always gotta have some hope of something good in the music business happening! tongue.gif

I think it would be neat if they released the album on 2/1/12, but that's just a silly fan thought, and irrational. If I were to hazard a guess without any reasoning to back it up, but simply what I think, I would say the album will be released mid-Spring-ish like April.

QUOTE (musicpro @ Nov 7 2011, 03:23 PM)
As Geddy confirmed in the recent Rolling Stone interview, they haven't even completed most of the recording and said that they'll "start recording in earnest shortly", so it's highly unlikely that we'll see Clockwork Angels by Spring 2012, even if recording is finished by Xmas.

Probably looking at starting mixing in Spring and then mid-2012 before it hits the shops.

News article here:- http://www.8263.co.uk/sites/musicpro/news/..._geddy_lee.html

With S&A in 2006 they were in the same position as now, half the album written and demo recorded. Recording proper started in October and they were done by Christmas. Mixing was done in January, marketing and manufacturing occurred between February and April. I don't see how it'll take any longer this time...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 7 2011, 07:36 PM)
I sincerely wish I could be more excited about this release. After T4E and VT, my enthusiasm for S&A was VERY low. Then I heard that teaser power chord that sounded like Hemispheres and got excited. Then I heard Far Cry and I was REALLY excited. Easily their best song in many, many years.

In this case we have the (for me) very unfortunate release of two songs from an album a full two years or so before release, and judging by those two songs, there's nothing I'm excited about. The only thing I really liked was the music part of Caravan, not the lyrics. It truly sucks to know an album is far from perfect years before its release.

I'm curious about it, and hopeful for maybe one or two good songs. Who knows, a miracle could occur and maybe there will be two or three great songs. S&A had some stellar material (and some not so stellar), so anything's possible. I wish I was more excited as this will doubtlessly be their last album, but alas...

Blah blah blah, very nice, and we'll all make our own minds up thank you very much Goobs O'Brien of the Inner Party...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 7 2011, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 7 2011, 06:51 PM)
It's been far too long that the songs have been released and the current recordings should in no ways be considered part of the album.

Peter Gabriel recorded "I Grieve" for the City of Angels soundtrack in 1998 and then included it on his Up album in 2002, 4 years later. I always felt a little cheated by that, like that spot on the album should have been filled by a new song. I have a feeling I'm going to think of Caravan/BU2B the same way, unfortunately.

Well. I'm glad Peter released it on UP!.. I would never had discovered it otherwise! As for Caravan & Bu2B, I'm glad it will be on the album! I'm also interested on how it fits in to the entire work!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I have purposely avoided listening to Caravan and BU2B very much because I knew we were in for a wait. When I do go back and visit them they are just as great as when I first heard them Best stuff in eons. I am looking forward to this release more than I have in a long time. I hope Nick pushes them for the whole record like he did with these two songs. The proggy Rush may make a return and I like it!

I gotta agree with goobs here a bit.

I'm itching for new rush because frankly, I'm tired of the "live cd/DVD after every tour" model. I loved S&A but Caravan and bu2b have yet to really grow on me. In any event, new rush is better than nothing so I will be happy in any event.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 8 2011, 07:19 PM)

I'm itching for new rush because frankly, I'm tired of the "live cd/DVD after every tour" model. I loved S&A but Caravan and bu2b have yet to really grow on me. In any event, new rush is better than nothing so I will be happy in any event.

Wow you're back again are you?? And no announcement or anything...just a sudden "oh I'm a bit meh about the whole new RUSH album dynamic, and Lord and Baby Jesus I'm too busy painting my toenails sparkly pink to even think about Geddy's nude nutsack these days never mind post on TRF and talk dirty to METALDAD in PMs every night, pfft he's such a sex pest..." blah.gif

common001.gif

ohmy.gif

ph34r.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 8 2011, 07:19 PM)

I'm itching for new rush because frankly, I'm tired of the "live cd/DVD after every tour" model.  I loved S&A but Caravan and bu2b have yet to really grow on me.  In any event, new rush is better than nothing so I will be happy in any event.

Wow you're back again are you?? And no announcement or anything...just a sudden "oh I'm a bit meh about the whole new RUSH album dynamic, and Lord and Baby Jesus I'm too busy painting my toenails sparkly pink to even think about Geddy's nude nutsack these days never mind post on TRF and talk dirty to METALDAD in PMs every night, pfft he's such a sex pest..." blah.gif

common001.gif

ohmy.gif

ph34r.gif

cool10.gif

OMG haha.

I know, I need to lurk around here more, and be more positive when I do make a comeback.

Just wondering what you all thought of the Cleveland stuff. Not a whole lot apparently tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 8 2011, 07:34 PM)
Actually, TRF needs an app!

I don't understand all that app shite, I don't even own a walkie talkie never mind a fuckiing cell phone...

cat.gif laugh.gif

iPad here.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 8 2011, 07:43 PM)

I don't understand all that app shite, I don't even own a walkie talkie never mind a fuckiing cell phone...

cat.gif laugh.gif

iPad here.

Legal pad here...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 8 2011, 07:43 PM)

cat.gif laugh.gif

iPad here.

Legal pad here...

biggrin.gif

Jeez, get a room you two! tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Nov 7 2011, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 7 2011, 10:15 PM)

You've had 8 thousand posts since SnA came out? Wow. Spend much time online? tongue.gif

Hehe, since S&A would be four years. I've had that many posts since I became a fan...a year and a few months ago.

I don't sleep much laugh.gif