last movie you watched

sonicjams

Still on the old kick. Last night I watched.

http://www.impawards.com/1993/posters/in_the_name_of_the_father_ver2.jpg

• Like 1

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/E1BE50AB-0494-4D7B-9654-8035EC84E653-2860-000002502FE6C94A.jpg

Finally!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Set_Up.jpg

This is a film starring 50 Cent and it looked like the budget was 50 cents too! It gets points though for James Remar as a badass convict and Bruce Willis as a mob boss. Randy Couture plays a stupid thug too. The car was cool, a GTO.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/E1BE50AB-0494-4D7B-9654-8035EC84E653-2860-000002502FE6C94A.jpg

Finally!

Great comic character, bad movie. Nick Cage is no Johnny Blaze. I'm JohnnyBlaze! Really though, I would've gone with someone soulful: Jim Caviezel. He's not a lampoon like Cage.

:blaze:

Finally!

Great comic character, bad movie. Nick Cage is no Johnny Blaze. I'm JohnnyBlaze! Really though, I would've gone with someone soulful: Jim Caviezel. He's not a lampoon like Cage.

Hopefully they'll do it again with a whole different cast and attitude..

Cage probably pushed to get the role because he's a big comic book fan. He tried to get Superman at one point, he signed on for a film called Superman Lives for $20 million around the mid 90's with Robert Rodriguez directing, but it died in development thankfully because when Rodriguez dropped out Tim Burton was going to direct......

Finally watched:

http://www.impawards.com/2012/posters/raven_ver3.jpg

Didn't think much of it before watching. Cusack's performance is admirably soulful, but the plot is kinda weak. Also, Poe is not the hero, the police officer is. Still, quite respectful of many aspects of Poe's life and totally out of line with others (including the finale). A good watch for afecionados.

Finally!

Cage probably pushed to get the role because he's a big comic book fan. He tried to get Superman at one point, he signed on for a film called Superman Lives for $20 million around the mid 90's with Robert Rodriguez directing, but it died in development thankfully because when Rodriguez dropped out Tim Burton was going to direct......

Good thing Burton didn't get his boring, predictable hands on it or else we might've had Johnny Depp as Lex Luthor. I think this new Supes flick has some great potential.

As for Ghost Rider...I don't know how but both films made more than double the dough they spent. I didn't even see the sequel because I thought the first was bad enough. But hell, since there are 3 bad Punisher films then I guess GR deserves the same shot

Finally!

Good thing Burton didn't get his boring, predictable hands on it or else we might've had Johnny Depp as Lex Luthor. I think this new Supes flick has some great potential.

As for Ghost Rider...I don't know how but both films made more than double the dough they spent. I didn't even see the sequel because I thought the first was bad enough. But hell, since there are 3 bad Punisher films then I guess GR deserves the same shot

The sequel was f***ing terrible, a total piece of crap. It was as though the aim of the project was to make the first film look pretty good by comparison and they certainly succeeded.

Finally!

The sequel was f***ing terrible, a total piece of crap. It was as though the aim of the project was to make the first film look pretty good by comparison and they certainly succeeded.

I didn't even know there was a sequel!

I didn't think it was awful, just not that great... An entertainer when you're bored and there ain't much else on kind of film... The storyline was predictable: girlfriend captured by bad guy, hero gets her back... I liked the thing about the previous Ghostrider on horseback. Too bad he didn't get a bigger part.

I'm not that bothered by Cage normally but he wasn't the right fit for this movie...

And I'm really, REALLY glad he didn't get to be Superman!! Phew!!

Finally!

I didn't think it was awful, just not that great... An entertainer when you're bored and there ain't much else on kind of film... The storyline was predictable: girlfriend captured by bad guy, hero gets her back... I liked the thing about the previous Ghostrider on horseback. Too bad he didn't get a bigger part.

I'm not that bothered by Cage normally but he wasn't the right fit for this movie...

Sam Elliot is almost always guaranteed to be cool. Because he is! That horseback Ghost Rider IS the original GR comic character. He wasn't too popular actually but the the Johnny Blaze character was. So when Marvel tried to revive the horseback GR they had to change his name to Phantom Rider. Interesting...it'd be like if Superman were reinvented and the new version became so popular that the original Superman would have to change his name to Greatman or something similar.

Finally!

Sam Elliot is almost always guaranteed to be cool. Because he is! That horseback Ghost Rider IS the original GR comic character. He wasn't too popular actually but the the Johnny Blaze character was. So when Marvel tried to revive the horseback GR they had to change his name to Phantom Rider. Interesting...it'd be like if Superman were reinvented and the new version became so popular that the original Superman would have to change his name to Greatman or something similar.

That is interesting... I think it's cool that they included him... Kind of like a nod to the original concept.. :) :blaze:

Last movie I watched was "Paul". The alien comedy one about the two British nerds who take a trip across the southwest US. I didn't expect much, but I thought it was pretty good. Kind of in the vein of Galaxy Quest.
  • Like 1

Last movie I watched was "Paul". The alien comedy one about the two British nerds who take a trip across the southwest US. I didn't expect much, but I thought it was pretty good. Kind of in the vein of Galaxy Quest.

Yeah, I liked that one. Fun.

Yeah, I liked that one. Fun.

We must have a similar sense of humor. :cheers:

Lincoln

Speaking of Senor Spielbergo, loved his vocal cameo in Paul.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/TheCollectionPoster.jpg

Another of these Saw rip-offs. This one has some hilarious fake broken arm special effects. The guy who made (CGI'd) the fake arms overdid the hair a bit, he must have thought he was doing them for a werewolf flick or something... :smoke:

Finally!

That is interesting... I think it's cool that they included him... Kind of like a nod to the original concept.. :) :blaze:

For sure

http://i49.tinypic.com/2m5feq8.jpg

Took the train and subway to Universal (obviously) to see it in IMAX 3D. My mom thought I was barely too young for intense scenes when I was 12 at the time it came out. Only saw it once when it came out on video just after I turned 14. Well worth the trip. Just got the main theme on Spotify. I'm really addicted to it now.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Cover_of_The_Night_Flier.jpg

Good stuff! Miguel Ferrer puts in an almost James Woodesque performance here and thankfully this vampire is a few million miles from those ridiculously bad Twilight vamps!

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/My-Own-Private-Idaho-poster1.png

This was no where near as good as I remembered. Tastes change and time is a harsh critic.

Agreed. Haven't seen it in awhile, but last time I did it was a little shittier than I remembered.