Roger Waters

Mr. Not

The tapehead2 boot from Chicago last year has one obvious instance of lip synching. It's during Mother and he "sings" ...."Mother do you think..." while the song has actually moved to another part so he "sang" the part at the wrong time and no sound came out of his mic. Because of the lip synching and because of my aforementioned distaste for Rog thinking he and he alone was Pink Floyd, I have decided not to go despite the fact that the show will be utterly spectacular in terms of the visual presentation. Like Todem, I am also less enamored with The Wall in comparison to WYWH and Animals and DSOTM. In fact, the songs I like the best on The Wall (Comfortably Numb, Dirty Women, etc.) are the ones co-written by Gilmour. Yo Rog, the whole is ALWAYS greater than the sum of the parts. If it was true for John and Paul, it's true for you and Dave too.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Nov 11 2011, 03:32 PM)
The tapehead2 boot from Chicago last year has one obvious instance of lip synching. It's during Mother and he "sings" ...."Mother do you think..." while the song has actually moved to another part so he "sang" the part at the wrong time and no sound came out of his mic. Because of the lip synching and because of my aforementioned distaste for Rog thinking he and he alone was Pink Floyd, I have decided not to go despite the fact that the show will be utterly spectacular in terms of the visual presentation. Like Todem, I am also less enamored with The Wall in comparison to WYWH and Animals and DSOTM. In fact, the songs I like the best on The Wall (Comfortably Numb, Dirty Women, etc.) are the ones co-written by Gilmour. Yo Rog, the whole is ALWAYS greater than the sum of the parts. If it was true for John and Paul, it's true for you and Dave too.

Well, to each his/her own. It really is a spectacular show, with groundbreaking sound and visual technology.

It really didn't seem like he was lip synching to me, but like I said, I wasn't looking for it. The show is so overwhelming...so much to look at.

cool10.gif

So we sent a girl to get us Roger Waters tickets for Indy today (we were at work) and told her lower level $ 114 , she comes back with lower level right by the stage tickets for $201. ohmy.gif

At this time I would like to take back my statement that I wouldn't pay $600 if he played in my livngroom because ...apparently I will. biggrin.gif

I missed the show at the Oakland Arena!

Just found out about Roger Waters playing at AT&T Park! May 11th!

I am pumped.

My buddy who is also part of this Forum told me that the stadium show in 2012 will actually blow away the original "The Wall" Tour!!!

He also advised me to sit in the field level seats center or second deck.

Avoid the floor seats as the sight line is better at a higher level.

Snowy White rules!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Nov 14 2011, 09:37 PM)
I got my tickets for THE WALL.....Today!!!!!

Very stoked. Water's Wall in San Diego.

San Diego rules.

Some year Wendy and I will retire down there!

We can meet at the Hotel Del for happy hour. trink39.gif

Forget Disneyland. The Hotel Del Coronado is the greatest place on earth. laugh.gif

Have tix for the Philly show. I saw Gilmour's Floyd in Philly in 1994. Now, I'll see Waters.

If only the two could meet!

QUOTE (Steevo @ Nov 6 2011, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (sonicjams @ Nov 7 2011, 05:11 AM)
wish he'd do animals

Animals would kill for sure.

Only way that would work would be to go out with David to do it...and that'll never happen.

If you've ever heard any of the boots from the Animals tour you'd understand why - David flat out tore it up on those tracks live.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Nov 11 2011, 05:32 PM)
Yo Rog, the whole is ALWAYS greater than the sum of the parts. If it was true for John and Paul, it's true for you and Dave too.

Watch David's "Remember That Night" DVD and the full blown version of Echoes and you get a great example of the whole exceeding the sum of the parts. It's just amazing.

David's voice is still in great shape for a guy in his mid 60's.

Very excited about seeing Waters' Wall in San Diego.

I have seen Roger solo (Pros and Cons) at The Forum, Inglewood CA...

I have seen David solo (On an Island) at the Gibson Theater, Hollywood CA....

I saw Pink Floyd ? (no Waters) for The Division Bell at The Murph, San Diego

CA

My question would be, to whomever saw Waters' Wall on the first leg.....

Are Gilmour's parts, guitar and vocals, well represented?

I am guessing his guitar work might be easier to duplicate than his vocals....

I don't know....Would you want closer to true guitar or vocals when it comes to Gilmour's parts.

Regardless, I am sure it will be an amazing rendition of Pink Floyd's masterpiece.

Edited by WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Nov 21 2011, 10:12 PM)

I don't know....Would you want closer to true guitar or vocals when it comes to Gilmour's parts.

Regardless, I am sure it will be an amazing rendition of Pink Floyd's masterpiece.

I think it's fair to say they are competent, to the point of non-distraction.

There's so much going on, such a huge band playing...it was fine.

Not David, but fine.

JMHO

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 22 2011, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Nov 21 2011, 10:12 PM)

I think it's fair to say they are competent, to the point of non-distraction.

There's so much going on, such a huge band playing...it was fine.

Not David, but fine.

JMHO

I've seen 3 boots of the tour and would say you are correct. yes.gif

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Nov 17 2011, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Nov 6 2011, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (sonicjams @ Nov 7 2011, 05:11 AM)
wish he'd do animals

Animals would kill for sure.

Only way that would work would be to go out with David to do it...and that'll never happen.

If you've ever heard any of the boots from the Animals tour you'd understand why - David flat out tore it up on those tracks live.

Animals rules, but absolutely couldnt - and shouldnt - be done without Dave.

The Animal Instincts bootleg is tremendous.