Time Machine Cleveland at the Movie Theater

Tommy Sawyer

WOW! 1022.gif

So I got back a little while ago from seeing the TM movie at the movie theater and wow, it was a great experience.

First, the details. I went mainly with a friend from school (not in my grade) who is a big Rush fan. His dad also came. Then while we were there, we met (unexpectedly) two other families we know so we all knew each other and we had a good group going. There were plenty of other Rush fans walking around before the show with their concert tshirt (as was I) so it was pretty cool. There were no previews (yay) and the movie started on time. Unfortunately, the light did not get turned off until my friend's dad requested it during Presto. sad.gif

And as for the movie: It was AWESOME! 1022.gif They had the volume cranked up to concert level so we got the full experience. The video quality was amazing. The filming was very nice looking and the audio was also very good, as was expected.

And the concert aspect: I saw a very good show in Toledo this spring. The only song I was disappointed in was Far Cry which had been very good in Columbus last fall. In Toledo, I felt Neil nailed his solo and it was much more enjoyable than Columbus.

In Cleveland on this DVD, Neil NAILS every song. Geddy DESTROYS every song he plays. Alex SHREADS the entire time. The quality of musicianship is extremely high here. yes.gif The boys had a great On-night and make very few (maybe no) cringe-worthy mistakes.

Standouts from the DVD were BU2B, The Camera Eye, and La Villa. As I said, Neil was on fire. BU2B rocked the house and I think I like that song much better now. La Villa was amazing. This could be the best version so far, taking the spot from A Desert Passage, although that has the real intro...

So, in conclusion, had a great time! If you still have the opportunity to see it, I would definitely do it!

1022.gif 2.gif

Nobody is showing it around here sad.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Nov 4 2011, 12:47 AM)
WOW! 1022.gif

So I got back a little while ago from seeing the TM movie at the movie theater and wow, it was a great experience.

First, the details. I went mainly with a friend from school (not in my grade) who is a big Rush fan. His dad also came. Then while we were there, we met (unexpectedly) two other families we know so we all knew each other and we had a good group going. There were plenty of other Rush fans walking around before the show with their concert tshirt (as was I) so it was pretty cool. There were no previews (yay) and the movie started on time. Unfortunately, the light did not get turned off until my friend's dad requested it during Presto. sad.gif

And as for the movie: It was AWESOME! 1022.gif They had the volume cranked up to concert level so we got the full experience. The video quality was amazing. The filming was very nice looking and the audio was also very good, as was expected.

And the concert aspect: I saw a very good show in Toledo this spring. The only song I was disappointed in was Far Cry which had been very good in Columbus last fall. In Toledo, I felt Neil nailed his solo and it was much more enjoyable than Columbus.

In Cleveland on this DVD, Neil NAILS every song. Geddy DESTROYS every song he plays. Alex SHREADS the entire time. The quality of musicianship is extremely high here. yes.gif The boys had a great On-night and make very few (maybe no) cringe-worthy mistakes.

Standouts from the DVD were BU2B, The Camera Eye, and La Villa. As I said, Neil was on fire. BU2B rocked the house and I think I like that song much better now. La Villa was amazing. This could be the best version so far, taking the spot from A Desert Passage, although that has the real intro...

So, in conclusion, had a great time! If you still have the opportunity to see it, I would definitely do it!

1022.gif 2.gif

Oh my God, that was YOU!? Dude, me and my dad were at the very top row of the theater cracking jokes about Geddy's nose laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 3 2011, 09:59 PM)
Nobody is showing it around here  sad.gif

I work nights and had to work both days it played here. angry.gif

Ah, but it will be in my blu-ray player and running through my suyrround sound VERY soon now. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

It was a hell of a performance that night, filled with urgent, driving and yet joyous energy. It was a good move not waiting until the last gig of the tour to record the video like they've done for the last few.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Nov 4 2011, 05:47 AM)
WOW! 1022.gif

1022.gif 2.gif

Everyone who gets to see it in the cinema is a lucky, lucky soul! You have my envy! wink.gif I don't think it's gonna happen for me fists crying.gif But I'm counting the days to get my grubby paws on the DVD!

Question: what's A Desert Passage? Never heard of it.

OK, update

Phoenix area rocks ! ! ! !

Another 55 or so Rush fans for 2nd week

I WON one of the prize's that KDKB 93.3 fm was giving out ( TM CD )

1 note,

Mens bathroom was just across from theater & they left the theater door open so you could hear the concert in the hallways,

And in the bathroom,

for a moment I thought I was at a Rush Concert ! ! !

So glad I took the night off & went, for die hard RUSH fans this was an EXCELLENT event

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (furie @ Nov 4 2011, 05:07 PM)
i couldn't make any of the showings. are there going to be encore shows?

Last night was the encore performance. Gotta wait for the DVD now!