Best AMC or FX 1 hour Drama Poll

Presto-a RUSH fan!

What is the best 1 hour Drama on AMC or FX?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best 1 hour Drama on AMC or FX?

• American Horror Story (FX)
    • Breaking Bad (AMC)
    • Justified (FX)
    • Mad Men (AMC)
    • Sons Of Anarchy (FX)
    • The Walking Dead (AMC)

I'd rank them:

1. Breaking Bad

2. Mad Men/Sons of Anarchy (tied)

4. American Horror Story (based purely on potential and acting that is better than...)

5. The Walking Dead

...and I don't watch the other one. I am, however, going to tune into Hell On Wheels this next month.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 30 2011, 04:53 AM)
QUOTE (tel @ Oct 30 2011, 04:51 AM)
walking dead for me,but it could do with less talk and more zombie action!

I think that is what this season will have that last season missed. I totally agree.

Disagree with you both. This show NEEDS a serious bit of character development, which it seems to finally be getting. It's a TV show, not a video game.

It's like saying Breaking Bad needs less character bologna and more killings. biggrin.gif One improves and enhances the other.

Who cares about all the zombie action if you don't care about any of the people on the show???

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 30 2011, 08:49 AM)

I think that is what this season will have that last season missed. I totally agree.

Disagree with you both. This show NEEDS a serious bit of character development, which it seems to finally be getting. It's a TV show, not a video game.

It's like saying Breaking Bad needs less character bologna and more killings. biggrin.gif One improves and enhances the other.

Who cares about all the zombie action if you don't care about any of the people on the show???

I agree that to make a good show you need good character development. BUT, I just felt like they didn't have the right mix of zombie action along with the character development. It's a fine line. Believe me, I am big on developing characters, it's what makes you care about a show. I just think last year they had so many characters and there was too much "dead" time and not enough zombie time!

But we can agree to disagree. I think this year it's the perfect mix, at least so far. Haven't watched tonights episode yet.

trink39.gif

My ranking of all the shows goes like this:

1. Breaking Bad - No doubt, this one is in a class by itself.

2. Sons Of Anarchy - Last Seasons finale was one of the best season finales I have ever seen on any show.

3. Justified - I really like this show and the main character Raylan Givens played by an actor I love, Timothy Olyphant

4. American Horror Story - Although it's early so it could go up or down based on how the show develops.

5. The Walking Dead - 1st season was just ok. This season seems more promising already. Could move up on my list also.

6. Mad Men - Good show, but just last on my list

PS. Anyone ever watch that show that ran for one season I think on AMC called Rubicon? I LOVED that show and was so pissed when it got canceled.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 31 2011, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 30 2011, 08:49 AM)

I agree that to make a good show you need good character development. BUT, I just felt like they didn't have the right mix of zombie action along with the character development. It's a fine line. Believe me, I am big on developing characters, it's what makes you care about a show. I just think last year they had so many characters and there was too much "dead" time and not enough zombie time!

But we can agree to disagree. I think this year it's the perfect mix, at least so far. Haven't watched tonights episode yet.

trink39.gif

trink39.gif