The 2011/2012 NHL season thread.

PhilCastro

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 11 2012, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 11 2012, 09:44 PM)
5-1. Empty net with 4 minutes left unsure.gif

Time for Emrick's speech. schla03.gif

"knifed on down" wacko.gif

At the start of the game, he said "probing continues." blush4.gif

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisibleairwaves

• PhilCastro

• blackhawkrush

• KW84

LA KINGS-- STANLEY CUP CHAMPS--11-12 !!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

The 1st cup championship, in the 45 year history of the team!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

The city of LA and So. Cal have waited a long time for this one!!!!!!

Congrats L.A.!!!!

Bittersweet moment seeing Brown hand the Cup to Willie Mitchell. So glad to see him finally get it after all he went through before joining the Kings. Too bad it couldn't happen with his hometown team.

As much as I hate to say it about a guy who coached the Hawks, Flames, and the team that knocked out the Canucks this year, it's hard to think of many guys in hockey who deserve this more than Darryl Sutter.

The Conn Smythe pick was pretty obvious. Hope he gets the Vezina too.

Can't wait to see who signs Dustin Penner for way too much money this summer. Probably Burke. Sigh.

Only two teams left with a Cup drought dating back to 1967.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 10:41 PM)
Good for Darryl Sutter trink39.gif but I think I speak for many here when I say, let's get the cup to a much colder place next year. 1287.gif

Does Dallas count? laugh.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 11 2012, 10:49 PM)
Anyone else sticking around for the draft, free agency, and whatnot?

Maybe you can start a new thread. Hawks are picking 18th schla03.gif but I'm hearing there should be some talented guys left. trink38.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 09:00 PM)

Maybe you can start a new thread. Hawks are picking 18th schla03.gif but I'm hearing there should be some talented guys left. trink38.gif

I guess I'll start a new one before the draft. Going to need a place to spam constant updates on the Luongo situation laugh.gif

Looks like the Hawks pretty much have a full roster locked up already, who knows how busy they'll be this summer....

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 11 2012, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 09:00 PM)

I guess I'll start a new one before the draft. Going to need a place to spam constant updates on the Luongo situation laugh.gif

Looks like the Hawks pretty much have a full roster locked up already, who knows how busy they'll be this summer....

If you wanna consider Carcillo or Emery as "locked up." banghead.gif Morrison, Brunette, O'Donnell and Lepisto may be leaving so there's room for change...

Man, I just realized Colin Fraser just won his second Stanley Cup in the past three seasons. Good grief. Although he also spent a season and a half in Edmonton so I guess it balances out.

He's from my town so I'll probably get a chance to see the Cup this summer. Missed out on the event when he won it with Chicago.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 11:03 PM)
It was great spending another NHL season with you guys. Let's do it again next season.  trink39.gif

Indeed.

Last night my son's baseball team got eliminated from the playoffs. A friend from his hockey team (John, really), and his mother, came to the field to watch the game because my son was playing against another of John's friends. John's mom mentioned to my wife that she misses seeing the other hockey parents because "there's something special about hockey people." And as this thread illustrates, she's right.

Congratulations to the Kings and their fans.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 11 2012, 08:10 PM)
all goals on PP amazing -

Can I give you my congrats now, Alphy? trink39.gif

Thanks - Wow - Now i know how you must have felt 2 years ago - trink39.gif i don't know if i'm just getting old or it was the Guinness talking to me but i actually got a little choked up - fing.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 12 2012, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 11 2012, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 11 2012, 08:10 PM)
all goals on PP amazing -

Can I give you my congrats now, Alphy? trink39.gif

Thanks - Wow - Now i know how you must have felt 2 years ago - trink39.gif i don't know if i'm just getting old or it was the Guinness talking to me but i actually got a little choked up - fing.gif

I didn't cry the year we won it. Did a lot of that in the previous seasons, though. wink.gif