The 2011/2012 NHL season thread.

PhilCastro

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 8 2012, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 8 2012, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 8 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 8 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 6 2012, 09:03 PM)
Every Cup-winning Goal, 1990-2011

I refuse to watch this

Yeah, there's a lot of bad memories there. Penguins, Redwings... eh.gif

Geez, I had no idea Hasek was in net for those Finals in '92. Then again, I was 1 at the time unsure.gif

He replaced Belfour during game 4 when Keenan got tired of the shootout. Hasek made some great saves. He kept us in it to the end.

I see. Man, a Belfour/Hasek tandem just sounds nuts.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisibleairwaves

• PhilCastro

• blackhawkrush

• KW84

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 8 2012, 07:21 PM)

I refuse to watch this

Geez, I had no idea Hasek was in net for those Finals in '92. Then again, I was 1 at the time unsure.gif

He replaced Belfour during game 4 when Keenan got tired of the shootout. Hasek made some great saves. He kept us in it to the end.

Both Belfour and Hasek were just starting out and playing for peanuts. We had to let one go. At the time, Belfour was considered the better prospect. It's hard to say if we made the right decision. They both won cups later on...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 8 2012, 05:54 PM)

I refuse to watch this

Both Belfour and Hasek were just starting out and playing for peanuts. We had to let one go. At the time, Belfour was considered the better prospect. It's hard to say if we made the right decision. They both won cups later on...

Yeah, it's hard for me to comprehend that because I only saw them after they really hit their stride in the NHL. And Eddie had an incredible couple of seasons with the Leafs. I dunno if you can fault the Hawks for sticking with a guy who ended up in the HoF...

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 8 2012, 08:23 PM)

I refuse to watch this

Yeah, it's hard for me to comprehend that because I only saw them after they really hit their stride in the NHL. And Eddie had an incredible couple of seasons with the Leafs. I dunno if you can fault the Hawks for sticking with a guy who ended up in the HoF...

I don't think Bill Wirtz would have kept both goalies anyway, knowing how stingy he was with his wallet. At least we got Eric Daze out of the deal. Too bad his back gave up on him... eh.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 8 2012, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 8 2012, 08:23 PM)

I refuse to watch this

I don't think Bill Wirtz would have kept both goalies anyway, knowing how stingy he was with his wallet. At least we got Eric Daze out of the deal. Too bad his back gave up on him... eh.gif

I kinda wonder if the Leafs might be in a somewhat similar situation with their goalies now. They've got two young guys in Reimer and Scrivens who have shown flashes of brilliance, but one of them might have to go this summer if the Leafs bring in a vet. It might be excessively pessimistic to worry about one of them turning into an elite player after getting traded away, but this is the Leafs we're talking about laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 9 2012, 03:00 PM)
me and a few others think the devils are going to win tonight. trink38.gif

Tallinder and Sykora did shake up things on the team. Also, we have to remember the first two games went to overtime. This series could have gone either way. Devils look a better team now. The question is will they be able to react to the Kings, who will surely try to be even more physical than ever before...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2012, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 9 2012, 03:00 PM)
me and a few others think the devils are going to win tonight.  trink38.gif

Tallinder and Sykora did shake up things on the team. Also, we have to remember the first two games went to overtime. This series could have gone either way. Devils look a better team now. The question is will they be able to react to the Kings, who will surely try to be even more physical than ever before...

the tide has turned and the devils will win tonight to take it to game 6. hockey.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2012, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2012, 07:41 PM)
It's really nasty out there tonight.  pokey.gif

Quick with a mistake? confused13.gif 1-0 Devils...

Wow, Williams with all that room. dazed025.gif 1-1

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 9 2012, 10:04 PM)
Don't worry, Kings fans! A 3-2 lead in the Finals? What could possibly go wro- *throws keyboard across room*

Playing the "2011 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions" DVD again, eh? dazed025.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 9 2012, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 9 2012, 10:04 PM)
Don't worry, Kings fans! A 3-2 lead in the Finals? What could possibly go wro- *throws keyboard across room*

Playing the "2011 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions" DVD again, eh? dazed025.gif

That was a completely different situation. The Canucks were shut down by an ageing, unconventional goalie playing out of his mind, and the Kings are...oh.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 11 2012, 02:09 PM)
i don't want to jinx kings fans but i've been pretty good with my predictions lately. kings will hoist the cup tonight with a 5-2 win.

Yeah, no doubt..they're gonna take the cup tonight,

in front of the hometown LA crowd.

GO KING(ERS) GO!!!!!!

trink39.gif 653.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 11 2012, 06:06 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 11 2012, 02:09 PM)
i don't want to jinx kings fans but i've been pretty good with my predictions lately.  kings will hoist the cup tonight with a 5-2 win.

in front of the hometown LA crowd

and alot of non-hockey fan hollyweirdo actors sitting behind the glass.