Nightwish

physics23

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 3 2006, 11:19 PM)
I got the same thing. Want to know what I did?

I used the highlight text option...

I feel so blonde today..... wacko.gif

Edited by Phoenix

13.06.2007 - Upcoming releases

Nightwish's upcoming album will be called "Dark Passion Play". It will be released by Nuclear Blast on September 28th, by Spinefarm Records / Universal on September 26th and by Roadrunner Records on September 28th.

The tracklist reads as follows:

1. The Poet And The Pendulum

2. Bye Bye Beautiful

3. Amaranth

4. Cadence Of Her Last Breath

5. Master Passion Greed

6. Eva

7. Sahara

8. Whoever Brings The Night

9. For The Heart I Once Had

10. The Islander

11. Last Of The Wilds

12. 7 Days To The Wolves

13. Meadows Of Heaven

You can take a look at the cover artwork here.

Even before that date, on August 24th (Nuclear Blast) and on August 22nd (Spinefarm/Universal), the single "Amaranth" will be released. It will come in different versions, their tracklists will be announced later.

Nightwish.com

Thanks for the update Bats. yes.gif

I checked out their myspace page and the new singer sounds AWESOME. She's got some serious pipes. I'm sure she'll be able to pull off the songs that Tarja did and still have a uniqueness of her own. I'll still miss Tarja, but this new singer is very good too. Their sound from the teaser of Amaranth sounds very awesome. Super heavy shit. 1022.gif

They play Philly and New York in October. If I've recovered financially from my summer of 2.gif I'll definitely go see them. yes.gif

Okay... i've listened to all the teasers on their myspace page.

AWESOME!!! They are BACK Baby!!! 1022.gif

A lot of the fans are commenting negatively on the new singer. confused13.gif

I don't get it. She's really good. I hope she doesn't suffer the Sammy Hagar fate. Cuz the band is STILL kicking ass. The problem with Sammy was that the band CHANGED too much. They went adult contemporary with Sammy, which turned off the fans of the Dave days too much. But Nightwish sounds the same here. Still kicking ass. I am totally jazzed right now to get this album. If anyone finds out about a pirate release... let me know. I'll still buy it in September, but I need my NightWish fix NOW!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 3 2007, 07:00 PM)

AWESOME!!! They are BACK Baby!!! 1022.gif

A lot of the fans are commenting negatively on the new singer. confused13.gif

I don't get it. She's really good. I hope she doesn't suffer the Sammy Hagar fate. Cuz the band is STILL kicking ass. The problem with Sammy was that the band CHANGED too much. They went adult contemporary with Sammy, which turned off the fans of the Dave days too much. But Nightwish sounds the same here. Still kicking ass. I am totally jazzed right now to get this album. If anyone finds out about a pirate release... let me know. I'll still buy it in September, but I need my NightWish fix NOW!!! yes.gif

There is a torrent out there available that is a promo of 3 songs from the new album if interested...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 3 2007, 07:07 PM)

AWESOME!!!  They are BACK Baby!!!  1022.gif 

A lot of the fans are commenting negatively on the new singer.  confused13.gif 

I don't get it.  She's really good.  I hope she doesn't suffer the Sammy Hagar fate.  Cuz the band is STILL kicking ass.  The problem with Sammy was that the band CHANGED too much.  They went adult contemporary with Sammy, which turned off the fans of the Dave days too much.  But Nightwish sounds the same here.  Still kicking ass.  I am totally jazzed right now to get this album.  If anyone finds out about a pirate release... let me know.  I'll still buy it in September, but I need my NightWish fix NOW!!!  yes.gif

There is a torrent out there available that is a promo of 3 songs from the new album if interested...

Are they complete songs? The Myspace page has promo versions but they are just snippets. I'm doing something on limewire now to see if it's a full version of Amaranth.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 3 2007, 07:09 PM)

I don't get it.  She's really good.  I hope she doesn't suffer the Sammy Hagar fate.  Cuz the band is STILL kicking ass.  The problem with Sammy was that the band CHANGED too much.  They went adult contemporary with Sammy, which turned off the fans of the Dave days too much.  But Nightwish sounds the same here.  Still kicking ass.  I am totally jazzed right now to get this album.  If anyone finds out about a pirate release... let me know.  I'll still buy it in September, but I need my NightWish fix NOW!!!  yes.gif

Are they complete songs? The Myspace page has promo versions but they are just snippets. I'm doing something on limewire now to see if it's a full version of Amaranth.

It's a full version, but it's interrupted by a dj in the middle. sad.gif

It's still awesome though. These guys are awesome. 1022.gif

Shit... he just interrupted it AGAIN!!! angry.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 3 2007, 07:13 PM)

They appear to be full length songs...DL it now...actually there are 4 songs ( Amaranth, Cadence of her last Breath, Eva, The poet and the pendulum)

Since this is labelled as a promo I'm wondering if this is the same one you found (considering there is a DJ present in the song). eh.gif

I'll let u know as soon as it is done

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 3 2007, 07:19 PM)

They appear to be full length songs...DL it now...actually there are 4 songs ( Amaranth, Cadence of her last Breath, Eva, The poet and the pendulum)

Since this is labelled as a promo I'm wondering if this is the same one you found (considering there is a DJ present in the song). eh.gif

k. thanks.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 3 2007, 07:23 PM)

k. thanks.

Just listened to Amaranth and it's the same one you got. DJ yapping throughout the song. Sorry man eh.gif

Awesome song for sure! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 3 2007, 07:27 PM)

k. thanks.

Just listened to Amaranth and it's the same one you got. DJ yapping throughout the song. Sorry man eh.gif

It's better than nothing. Kazz got me into these guys HARD!!! The wait has been rough. I think they found a very good replacement for one of the best female vocalists ever.

The new chick sounds a bit like Doro. Nothing at all wrong with that. no.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 3 2007, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 3 2007, 07:27 PM)

k. thanks.

It's better than nothing. Kazz got me into these guys HARD!!! The wait has been rough. I think they found a very good replacement for one of the best female vocalists ever.

The new chick sounds a bit like Doro. Nothing at all wrong with that. no.gif

1022.gif

I actually got the whole album now but every song has the DJ piping in every song.

I'm impressed so far!

The first song (The Poet and the Pendulum) is a 14 minute epic and Annette's voice is very beautiful....Great job in replacing Tarja though I loved her voice too

Yes Kazz got me into big time a few years ago! 1022.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Hangin' on this one. Not gunna listen any samples. Will just buy the album wen it arrives....

I really think this new girl is gonna make us forget Tarja. Well... you know... not forget, but not be sad about it anyway. I think she's awesome. She speaks English better too, which will help them make it HUGE over here as well.

I can't believe any band can combine such amazing metal riffs with such beautiful melodies as well. Tuomas's piano melodies in the background of all that THUNDEROUS metal is such a great combination. I have no beef with pianos. I'm not a big fan of synths, but good piano playing is always cool. I wonder what CyberDude would think of these guys?

Has anyone invested in the new album...

"Dark Passion Play"

Its f***ing awesome!

Annette's voice is not as high as Tarja's, but its still fantastic. In fact, some of Tarja's very high vocals used to annoy me a little.

I bought the special edition with a second CD, which is just the instrumental version of the album.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 20 2008, 03:19 AM)
Nightwish will be here in London in May...bunch of us are going to check them out 1022.gif

I assume thats London, Ont. unsure.gif

They're here in Manchester (England) 4 April 08

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 19 2008, 09:19 PM)
Nightwish will be here in London in May...bunch of us are going to check them out 1022.gif

did you get your ticket yet man?

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 20 2008, 07:01 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 20 2008, 03:19 AM)
Nightwish will be here in London in May...bunch of us are going to check them out  1022.gif

I assume thats London, Ont. unsure.gif

They're here in Manchester (England) 4 April 08

Yes of course lol