The lovers of My Little Pony

Godot

Edited by Steel Rat

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 6 2012, 02:43 PM)
watch at least 10 episodes

Good one! Another common and completely obnoxious phrase the common brony will throw out there.

"Give it a chance man, just watch like, 5 episodes or maybe a season or two then tell me what you think. It'll make you 10% more cool!"

Love and Tolerate anything except for an opposing opinion.

I do agree though, Bronies can be very annoying, but are their habbits disturbing? Eh, not so much. Not until they start masturbating to the stuff, anyways.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 6 2012, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 6 2012, 04:19 PM)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/archer09a.jpg

Yeah, a real cartoon!

I watch both. So let's love and tolerate one another!

Let's be realistic here for a second - over half of the bronies I've met in person will throw around the "Love and Tolerance" phrase but will not live by it.

Like hippies, like the religious, like the trendy teens wearing peace signs on their shirts; an empty meaning.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 6 2012, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 6 2012, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 6 2012, 04:19 PM)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/archer09a.jpg

Yeah, a real cartoon!

I watch both. So let's love and tolerate one another!

Let's be realistic here for a second - over half of the bronies I've met in person will throw around the "Love and Tolerance" phrase but will not live by it.

Like hippies, like the religious, like the trendy teens wearing peace signs on their shirts; an empty meaning.

They do not stand by their convictions yet I do. If you dislike the show, that's fine with me. I'll enjoy it & you'll enjoy something else. I wish you well.

Though I may sound like a broken record, I ask that you watch one episode, not ten, not five, just one. If you already have, then I respect your opinion of the show. If not, you may end up joining our merry group or remaining exactly the same, untouched. One episode is enough to draw up a conclusion, especially a two parter, where the episode doesn't revolve around a single character.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 6 2012, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 6 2012, 03:09 PM)
Oh I'm sorry, I lied. I don't love everyone. But I am tolerant and still kind to those I dislike.

smile.gif

But love & toleration fit will within the confines of the thread and I'll gladly promote it here.

I'm no fan of the show or the whole "brony" thing (and I've said as much in this thread), but the stuff at the top of the last page is ridiculous. Especially the insinuation that this has anything to do with trying to "lure the unsuspecting."

But I do love hearing opinions on maturity from people who turn every other thread into a discussion of boobies.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 6 2012, 04:45 PM)

Good one! Another common and completely obnoxious phrase the common brony will throw out there.

"Give it a chance man, just watch like, 5 episodes or maybe a season or two then tell me what you think. It'll make you 10% more cool!"

I do agree though, Bronies can be very annoying, but are their habbits disturbing? Eh, not so much. Not until they start masturbating to the stuff, anyways.

Well, it took me about 20 episodes to finally decide that MLP is actually not stupid or grossly over-hyped. So consider 10 generous. Sorry.

If it took me 20 episodes to establish an accurate judgment of bronyism, then I'll personally never believe anyone who hasn't seen 10 episodes isn't ignorant. Don't blame me, it's just how it is. trink38.gif

My only problem with criticism towards bronies is when it turns into pedophilia labeling. It's simply not true. Other than that, feel free to pronounce your hate, I totally understand why you might. Maybe you want to compare the quality of MLP to that of Vampire Romance novels; that's fine, at least that's an argument dripping with less ignorance.

I personally don't understand how anyone can say no to this:

But to each their own. yes.gif

Edited by Steel Rat

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 6 2012, 06:26 PM)

Well, it took me about 20 episodes to finally decide that MLP is actually not stupid or grossly over-hyped. So consider 10 generous. Sorry.

If it took me 20 episodes to establish an accurate judgment of bronyism, then I'll personally never believe anyone who hasn't seen 10 episodes isn't ignorant. Don't blame me, it's just how it is. trink38.gif

My only problem with criticism towards bronies is when it turns into pedophilia labeling. It's simply not true. Other than that, feel free to pronounce your hate, I totally understand why you might. Maybe you want to compare the quality of MLP to that of Vampire Romance novels; that's fine, at least that's an argument dripping with less ignorance.

Or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcAplQbMgJU

rofl3.gif Seriously

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 6 2012, 05:26 PM)

Looove this scene!!! I was so excited when Lesson Zero came out... It was the real kickoff to season 2, and what a kickoff it was.

Also, I like plenty of more mature cartoons in addition to this. I like Venture Bros., Home Movies, Sealab 2021, Tom Goes to the Mayor, South Park... I haven't really gotten into Archer. I watched one episode and was a little disappointed. But that might be more of an acquired taste or something.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves)
But I do love hearing opinions on maturity from people who turn every other thread into a discussion of boobies.

z7shysterical.gif I was thinking this earlier.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jul 6 2012, 04:26 PM)

I've never made comparisons to any of the above unsure.gif

And sorry, I'm not going to spend 6 hours, or even 20 more minutes (yes, I did try one episode) on something I'm sure I won't enjoy. I don't enjoy a lot of things, I'm close minded like that and am not particularly ashamed to admit it.

The only thing I'd enjoy I'm aware of which is MLP related is MLP gore biggrin.gif

http://fim.413chan.net/art/src/131201716525-1312013832021.jpg

Glorious juxtaposition biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 6 2012, 09:04 PM)
And sorry, I'm not going to spend 6 hours, or even 20 more minutes (yes, I did try one episode) on something I'm sure I won't enjoy. I don't enjoy a lot of things, I'm close minded like that and am not particularly ashamed to admit it.

The only thing I'd enjoy I'm aware of which is MLP related is MLP gore biggrin.gif

You aren't close minded at all. You gave at least one episode a shot. That's all I asked for. You gave it an honest attempt and didn't like it. When I first saw it, I didn't think it was all that great the first time I saw it, but it clicked on me when I was later subjected to it. My neighbor played an episode every morning on his PSP, it was hard to avoid in the dark of the bus.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 7 2012, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 7 2012, 01:20 AM)
Erin Burnett is my new favorite.

And, I'll wager that at the VERY least, HALF the male attendees were virgins.

First of all, is that supposed to be an insult?

Secondly, how is your derision (I'm guessing that's what it is) of bronies beneficial to you or anyone else?