The Ultimate Star Trek poll:

treeduck

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 23 2011, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 23 2011, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 23 2011, 12:46 PM)
I've put in for Patrick Stewart.

(Can't explain it, but I can't stand Will Wheaton...)

Wesley Crusher was a hated character when TNG came out in 1987 so it's not unusual...

Couldn't stand him, either...

Errr Wil Wheaton is the guy who played Wesley Crusher! It's the same guy! laugh.gif

I know - I just can't stand him! tongue.gif

Wil Wheaton is pretty good on Eureka, though.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 23 2011, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 23 2011, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 23 2011, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 23 2011, 12:46 PM)
I've put in for Patrick Stewart.

(Can't explain it, but I can't stand Will Wheaton...)

Wesley Crusher was a hated character when TNG came out in 1987 so it's not unusual...

Couldn't stand him, either...

Errr Wil Wheaton is the guy who played Wesley Crusher! It's the same guy! laugh.gif

I know - I just can't stand him! tongue.gif

Wil Wheaton is pretty good on Eureka, though.

He also posts some very funny tweets.

ph34r.gif

Yes, I stalk Wil Wheaton on Twitter!

And about a dozen other celebrities, including the Shat himself and Leonard Nimoy!

Don't judge me! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Sep 23 2011, 05:30 PM)
No question-

THE MAN - William Shatner

goodpost.gif Also, I don't quite understand Voyager getting the cold shoulder from fans. After TOS, I rank it second on my list of favorite Star Treks.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 23 2011, 07:59 PM)
No question-

goodpost.gif Also, I don't quite understand Voyager getting the cold shoulder from fans. After TOS, I rank it second on my list of favorite Star Treks.

Finally Shatner gets some votes.

Pssssst Voyager sucks! It has the worst crew, the worst captain, the most tedious storylines, the worst scenario etc etc etc...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 08:11 PM)
No question-

Pssssst Voyager sucks! It has the worst crew, the worst captain, the most tedious storylines, the worst scenario etc etc etc...

Damn, TD ( hey, that's a good abbreviation for you new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ) do you ever sleep? wink.gif TNG has terrible acting, DS9 looks too much like a soap opera. I didn't even bother with Enterprise. Btw, with the impressive list you came up with, don't you think you should add some Trek thing in your sig? trink39.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 23 2011, 08:28 PM)
No question-

Damn, TD ( hey, that's a good abbreviation for you new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ) do you ever sleep? wink.gif TNG has terrible acting, DS9 looks too much like a soap opera. I didn't even bother with Enterprise. Btw, with the impressive list you came up with, don't you think you should add some Trek thing in your sig? trink39.gif

I could add something but I'm too lazy to change it often...

I never could get into Voyager, there's not one character I really like, looking at Seven of Nine in her tight suit is not enough to keep my interest beyond a couple of episodes.

Gosh this is a tough question.

Patrick Stewart seems like the obvious answer, but it really isn't that easy. Picard was too planned, too designed. Picard is the perfect captain, and that perfection often left Patrick Stewart with an easy acting job. Patrick Stewart may be the best Trek actor ever, but Picard was just too awesome for any actor to screw up. I don't know if that even makes sense.

Brent Spiner is the ultimate straight man. Showing wonder and awe without showing emotion seems impossible, but he pulled it off. Data might be the most memorable character in Trek history, despite literally being a robot. Brent Spiner brought life to machinery, and he MADE the character.

John DeLancie played Q with an omnipotence that came across with simultaneous charm and arrogance, without being annoying. You'd think any character that can snap his fingers and make anything happen would be a boring plot device; not the case. Q was a an awesome character, and John DeLancie did an incredible job developing him.

Jeffrey Combs played not one, not two, but three of my favorite secondary characters. Three characters who were entirely different, and who were all played exceptionally. My favorite of these characters was actually Shren from Enterprise. Combs brought the Andorian people to life, and remains the most insidious Vorta and Ferengi in the show.

and the winner...

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy is the most defined and most memorable character from the original series. Deforest Kelly brought the alien series' greatest dose of humanity in a character. He played the character with incredible heart, because Bones was a character of incredible heart. Shades of bigotry, imperfection, and an old world stubbornness drew a connection from the incongruities of the real Earth to the shining utopia that is framed in Star Trek. Deforest Kelly is the best actor in Star Trek history, and it's not an easy field to top.

Honorable mentions:

Terry Farrell played Dax with a wit and attitude that is absolutely unforgettable.

Connor Trinneer was easily the best of the main cast on Enterprise. Trip Tucker was an extremely emotional, extremely REAL character.

Kate Mulgrew and Robert Picardo were the only actors on Voyager that were worthwhile and believable. Both did a great job given bad writing and a horrid supporting cast.

Avery Brooks always kicks ass.

Diana Muldaur was EASILY a better doctor than Gates McFadden. It was a mistake to get rid of Pulaski to bring back Crusher.

Michelle Forbes as Ro Laren was EASILY the best 'Action Girl' in Star Trek history. I was upset about how they never brought her fully into the fold as a main castmember.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 08:46 PM)
No question-

I never could get into Voyager, there's not one character I really like, looking at Seven of Nine in her tight suit is not enough to keep my interest beyond a couple of episodes.

But you have to admit, Mulgrew and Shatner seem like they could be related, when you look at their faces. I noticed that as soon as I saw her.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 23 2011, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 08:46 PM)
No question-

But you have to admit, Mulgrew and Shatner seem like they could be related, when you look at their faces. I noticed that as soon as I saw her.

Hmmm I'm not sure about that, I never noticed...

unsure.gif

Combs, in Star Trek alone he played very different characters very well. I originally found it difficult to believe that he played both Weyoon and Brunt in DS9. I would go with Stewart, but it seems he can only play that one role in any serious movie/TV show.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 23 2011, 09:02 PM)
Combs, in Star Trek alone he played very different characters very well. I originally found it difficult to believe that he played both Weyoon and Brunt in DS9. I would go with Stewart, but it seems he can only play that one role in any serious movie/TV show.

I was wondering who the other person who voted for Combs was.. tongue.gif

My favourite roles of his are definitely Weyoun and Shran.. Shran might get the upper edge. But Weyoun 6 was adorable. Too bad they all die in the end. :C

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 23 2011, 10:36 PM)

My favourite roles of his are definitely Weyoun and Shran.. Shran might get the upper edge. But Weyoun 6 was adorable. Too bad they all die in the end. :C

There are so many great actors that have appeared on the series, it's hard to pick just one. Everyone on DS9 did a great job with their character. However, my judgement is a little clouded right now because I met Michael Dorn at comic con last week and he was a total jerk.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 23 2011, 09:59 PM)

There are so many great actors that have appeared on the series, it's hard to pick just one. Everyone on DS9 did a great job with their character. However, my judgement is a little clouded right now because I met Michael Dorn at comic con last week and he was a total jerk.

Was he? unsure.gif

What happened? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 23 2011, 02:33 AM)
I had to vote for Rene. What a list, though! Wow biggrin.gif

I notice Rene made a guest appearance in Enterprise as a scientist trapped on an uninhabited planet after a crash.

I remember that! I was thrilled to see him on that. Been a fan of his since M*A*S*H

Hey, I know everyone hates Wesley Crusher (with good reason) but have you read Wheaton's book of STNG synopses/memories? It's a riot!!! I got the Kindle edition.*

Memories of the Future part 1

* did you know you can get Kindle apps for free for your PC and smart phones? Just sayin' because the Kindle edition of this book is much cheaper!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 11:08 PM)

Was he? unsure.gif

What happened? ph34r.gif

He was signing autographs, there was no line so I asked him to sign my copy of DS9 where he first appeared (the disc that had "Way of the Warrior" on it). As I opened my bag to put the disc back in the box and leave he says to me "can you move and do that somewhere else, you're holding up the line." I looked in back of me to find not a single person. All I needed was 15 seconds to put it back in my bag. He was no more cheery during the photoshoot (I couldn't get a refund as I had already bought the tickets).

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 23 2011, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 23 2011, 02:33 AM)
I had to vote for Rene. What a list, though! Wow biggrin.gif

I notice Rene made a guest appearance in Enterprise as a scientist trapped on an uninhabited planet after a crash.

I remember that! I was thrilled to see him on that. Been a fan of his since M*A*S*H

Hey, I know everyone hates Wesley Crusher (with good reason) but have you read Wheaton's book of STNG synopses/memories? It's a riot!!! I got the Kindle edition.*

Memories of the Future part 1

* did you know you can get Kindle apps for free for your PC and smart phones? Just sayin' because the Kindle edition of this book is much cheaper!

The day I read Wesley Crusher's book will be the day I glue a croissant to my forehead to go with my hair and turn klingon!! laugh.gif

Your loss confused13.gif

FWIW, he completely understands why Wesley was despised and mentions it several times wink.gif

One thing that i thought was so special about the original Trek was the Kirk Spock Mccoy triangle and how they debated ,,

Deforest Kelly was amazing ,,

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 23 2011, 11:40 PM)
Your loss  confused13.gif

FWIW, he completely understands why Wesley was despised and mentions it several times wink.gif

What does he say then?

trink38.gif

That he completely understands the vehement dislike for Wes and groks it. He talks about remembering how he hated the sweaters (gawd, those sweaters!) and dumb things the writers had Wesley do.... Synopses given as only a cast member could - and hilariously self-mocking. It really is a fun read. And it's only part one....

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 24 2011, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 23 2011, 11:08 PM)

Was he? unsure.gif

What happened? ph34r.gif

He was signing autographs, there was no line so I asked him to sign my copy of DS9 where he first appeared (the disc that had "Way of the Warrior" on it). As I opened my bag to put the disc back in the box and leave he says to me "can you move and do that somewhere else, you're holding up the line." I looked in back of me to find not a single person. All I needed was 15 seconds to put it back in my bag. He was no more cheery during the photoshoot (I couldn't get a refund as I had already bought the tickets).

Klingon bastard.

http://www.durfee.net/startrek/images/Kirk.jpg

Let them die.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 24 2011, 03:22 AM)
btw duck-san, I'm surprised you haven't made a "Hottest Star Trek babe" poll. Or has that been done already by you or someone else?

I'm not sure if that's been done. Thing is, would it just be main character babes, or spectacular guest star babes as well?