Halloween 2011

Janie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USB, I've got the second one (the uniform that Sisko's wearing).

But my plans have changed.

Well, sorta-kinda. I now have three costume ideas and I want to do ALL OF THEM. Luckily there are lots of Halloween parties this weekend. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

1. Star Trek DS9 Trill science officer... Pretty much Jadzia Dax. 'Cause she's amazing. Got that one all ready and it's pretty legit. And the makeup's really easy: Just do the spots with a dark brown eyeliner pencil.

2. Major Samantha Carter, of Stargate SG-1 (YES REALLY). I found this sweet Air Force jacket and pants that go right with it and an epic hat and I made the patches myself (they look kinda ghetto to be honest, lol) and the nametag and AAAAHH I LOVE IT. She's such a BAMF and I just spent like three hours sewing the stupid patches on. I'M GOING TO WEAR THIS. Besides, it's really comfortable, and it'd be warm.

3. HUSKER WITCH. laugh.gif

Pretty much a really standard, easy witch costume (witch hat and an epic black cape) with tons of Husker gear, glitter and red and silver/white and squeee~ biggrin.gif Husker spirit and Halloween wrapped into one. I'll probably wear this if I go to the game Saturday or if I'm just at a random Halloween gathering. I do expect it'll be well-received, haha~!

(If you can't tell, I love making creative costumes on a budget. I spent less than twenty bucks total on the Stargate one. wink.gif )

I'll take some ideas. Halloween is one week away and I seem to have forgotten about my costume.

I need something quick, easy and whimsical. I can always go the girl-nerd route. Thats an easy outfit to find at a thrift store. But does anyone have any go-to outfits or have any ideas that are good for one week out from Halloween?

I've gone as a jack-o-lantern more than once when I couldn't put a costume together - stick black construction paper eyes and mouth to a bright orange shirt and put a green tube on my head for a stem laugh.gif

If you have any straw, overalls, plaid shirt, and straw hat, you can go the scarecrow route.

Janie find a large box with a lid and cut out the bottom, cover it in bright paper and designs... attach papertowel roll to side and wear a bright wig... voila a Janie-in-the-box tongue.gif

Edited by HowItIs

I might be attending a Witch's Ball in Salem this Friday. Going to Salem Friday is very "iffy" right now. Saturday looks better though.

The first campus Halloween event is tonight! There's a small theater on campus and they're going to be showing a couple of old horror movies, having a costume contest, etc. Too bad my roomie has a date tonight. It's free. I am so going.

And tomorrow is a masquerade! (Which I'll probably go to even though it's not my res' hall, lol~)

Super super super happy. I'll probably be like the only one in costume tonight, bahaha. But I don't care. This is my second-favourite holiday, next to Christmas. (:

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 25 2011, 12:59 AM)
* Black clothes and white face paint? A mime (you can even skip the paint if it is not available).

What a cute idea! A mime!

The husband would love it because it would mean I couldn't talk. laugh.gif There's no way I could go a few hours of no-talking! I like the idea though.

(Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. There's no way I can find my way down the Center though before Saturday for our party and what I wear for our party, I want to wear for Halloween trick-or-treating.)

I was thinking of just dressing up like a doctor. I need a whimsical outfit because I'll be spending Fri-Mon doing Halloween things with kids, plus, I need an outfit that five-year-olds are going to "get."

This is going to be quite the weekend!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 25 2011, 02:50 PM)
* Black clothes and white face paint? A mime (you can even skip the paint if it is not available).

The husband would love it because it would mean I couldn't talk. laugh.gif There's no way I could go a few hours of no-talking! I like the idea though.

(Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. There's no way I can find my way down the Center though before Saturday for our party and what I wear for our party, I want to wear for Halloween trick-or-treating.)

I was thinking of just dressing up like a doctor. I need a whimsical outfit because I'll be spending Fri-Mon doing Halloween things with kids, plus, I need an outfit that five-year-olds are going to "get."

I just bet it is! Want a picture of whatever you decide okay? laugh.gif

c-tree, I am officially envious! I want to go to Salem on Halloween (as long as I don't have to deal with Laurie Cabot - ugh!)

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 26 2011, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 25 2011, 02:50 PM)

I just bet it is! Want a picture of whatever you decide okay? laugh.gif

c-tree, I am officially envious! I want to go to Salem on Halloween (as long as I don't have to deal with Laurie Cabot - ugh!)

I stopped by a local costume shop yesterday but didn't like any of their costumes. I'm going to be the very un-imaginative Halloween costume of... witch. I have a floor-length dress that atm is a deep green but I'm hoping that it will take black dye and I picked up a plain black witches hat and I'm going to glue a sparkly silver and black feather boa around the rim and I also have this little pumpkin necklace that lights up. I'm not going to paint my face green though because I'm trying to keep things on the tame side because of all the little kiddos.

When I picked my son up from school yesterday a few kids from his class were telling him how excited they were for our Halloween party. So cute!

My son has the cutest little crush on this shy girl in class. Apparently he told her he was going to be a ghost for Halloween. Thing is, I already have his costume picked out and it ain't a ghost. So, now, do I find a sheet and make him a ghost so he can show off to his new girlfriend?? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 26 2011, 11:29 AM)
When I picked my son up from school yesterday a few kids from his class were telling him how excited they were for our Halloween party. So cute!

My son has the cutest little crush on this shy girl in class. Apparently he told her he was going to be a ghost for Halloween. Thing is, I already have his costume picked out and it ain't a ghost. So, now, do I find a sheet and make him a ghost so he can show off to his new girlfriend?? confused13.gif

That is cute Janie...what was the original plan? applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Oct 26 2011, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 26 2011, 11:29 AM)

My son has the cutest little crush on this shy girl in class. Apparently he told her he was going to be a ghost for Halloween. Thing is, I already have his costume picked out and it ain't a ghost. So, now, do I find a sheet and make him a ghost so he can show off to his new girlfriend??  confused13.gif

That is cute Janie...what was the original plan? applaudit.gif

He was going to be a criminal in a black and white striped outfit and younger brother was going to be a cop.

More pumpkin carving:

user posted image

user posted image

I have one more to go.....

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 27 2011, 07:34 PM)
More pumpkin carving:

user posted image

user posted image

I have one more to go.....

Awesome job! I almost don't even want to post mine. I kick it old skool style.

Although I have six pumpkins so maybe I'll see what I can create.

I'm curious... who else picks through the pumpkin goo to get the seeds and then roast them in the oven?

They're so yummy when they first come out, all warm from the oven.

Cannot wait for the big Halloween partay Sat. night.

Lots of people, tons of kids, an insane amount of candy, and wine for the adults.

It's going to be a crazy mix of loopy grown ups in charge of wired children.

I have all the food.

The balloons have been ordered.

The costumes are ready to go!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 27 2011, 11:16 PM)

I'm curious... who else picks through the pumpkin goo to get the seeds and then roast them in the oven?

YES! We do that. Ours are all washed and goo-free and in the fridge right now. I'll put them in the oven with cinnamon and sugar tomorrow night. So good! yes.gif

My kids LOVE them, and they kind of counter the crap they'll be ingesting for at least a week. MAJOR FIBER! Keeping the kids "regular" until the pumpkin seeds are gone. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm sure you're like me... I go through the candy and take out the stuff they "don't really need," ie, my favorite candy bars, especially the dark chocolate things. ph34r.gif

What? confused13.gif They aren't going to miss five candy bars out of the five bazillion pounds of candy that will be dumped onto the kitchen table on Monday night.

We'll hand out candy, but my oldest is going to a friend's house to "hang out" - so I guess my days of looting his candy are over.

sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 27 2011, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 27 2011, 11:16 PM)

YES! We do that. Ours are all washed and goo-free and in the fridge right now. I'll put them in the oven with cinnamon and sugar tomorrow night. So good! yes.gif

My kids LOVE them, and they kind of counter the crap they'll be ingesting for at least a week. MAJOR FIBER! Keeping the kids "regular" until the pumpkin seeds are gone. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm sure you're like me... I go through the candy and take out the stuff they "don't really need," ie, my favorite candy bars, especially the dark chocolate things. ph34r.gif

What? confused13.gif They aren't going to miss five candy bars out of the five bazillion pounds of candy that will be dumped onto the kitchen table on Monday night.

I'm curious as to how trick-or-treating is going to go this year because it'll be the first one where both kids go out.

I have to pick through the treats and discard anything with peanuts (the oldest has allergies, the youngest does not). I'll eat those! Bring on the Snickers!

I usually let the kids eat all the candy they want the night of Halloween. They're little so really, they don't eat that much candy. After that, I offer treats a few times a day.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 28 2011, 08:36 AM)
We'll hand out candy, but my oldest is going to a friend's house to "hang out" - so I guess my days of looting his candy are over.

sad.gif

I have a lot of candy but I'm hoping most of it gets snatched up during the Halloween party. We're kind of off the beaten the path and we'll be out trick-or-treating so I'm planning on not handing out much candy this year.

So, my original outfit didn't pan out. I tried to dye a dress I had but it wouldn't take the dye. I found this amazing green silk and black velvet dress at a costume shope, then I picked up a HUGE fake diamond ring and glittery black nail polish. The dress came with a hat so I think I'm set.

"Bones," our skeleton, was going to be a nerd for halloween but he's going to wear by feather boa-rimmed witches hat and lite-up pumpkin necklace. I'm going to attach a few fakes crows around him and that's his outfit. Plus, we have a stuffed black tuxedo cat and I'll put that on Bones' lap. Bones is in charge of the cauldron of candy! Pictures will be posted...

Ah Halloween, a time of dying leaves, howling winds, and darkness accompanied by intolerable children cheaply dressed up as their favorite fictional characters to feed their sugar addiction that will eventually lead to diabetes and obesity.

For their older siblings its a time for grossly inebriated celebrations, when the girls dress up as filthily whorishly as the laws allow, and the boys don their flip flops, cargo shorts, and "Tap Out" shirts pushing the levels of douchebaggery beyond their limits.

For those who have outgrown the tradition it is a time of selfless purchasing of large bags of bite sized candies, reminiscing the days of youth before passing out in front of the television watching Halloween specials (In Matt's case with Penis in hand).

Tis that time of year again, HAPPY f***ing HALLOWEEN. Also, start shopping for Christmas like a mindless drone.