what sound that you hear everyday

BU4B

I have noticed lately that when I switch my laptop off before going to bed windows 7 plays a jingle that reminds me of the Madrigal. The result is I go to bed most nights with Ged in my head singing the line "when dragons grow too mighty"

tongue.gif Anyone else have similar experiences?

Or have I been listening to Rush for far too long like the people who played tetris for hours and started to see the shapes when they closed their eyes. unsure.gif

Not necessarily things I hear, but I live in Toronto, so there are many Rush reminders around. Every time I'm near Danforth and Pape I think of "La Villa Strangiato," Pearson Airport reminds me of "YYZ,"etc. Though it's not in Toronto, I know where Lakeside Park is. Oh, and whenever I hear mention of Willowdale I hear the voice from the beginning of "The Necromancer" in my head... smile.gif

-Jane

2.gif

When I hear a Macintosh computer turn on, I hear a synth sound that is almost exactly like the one that closes Subdivisions.

Mostly it's things that people say. Odd phrases which is in one of the songs. Over times the songs just pop into my head at random.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Sep 17 2011, 03:53 PM)
Mostly it's things that people say. Odd phrases which is in one of the songs.

This. Don't say things like "in the mood", "fly by night", "the twilight zone" (or the theme song), "close to my heart" (my sister works for a company of that name), anything ending with "torn apart" or just "apart", "big money", "this is a test" or "not a test", "stick it out", "I couldn't resist", "that's how it is" or "working overtime" and not expect to be serenaded tongue.gif There are a ton more examples, but those are the ones that come up often.