Clockwork Angels

FeelingUnlimited

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, We really have have some religious nuts here that are ACTUALLY offended by Peart's lyrics...

How hilarious!

Pretty much sums it up really. Your "faith" is so weak that lyrics from a musician you will never meet can cause SO much vitriol and an irrational, almost deranged sense of defensiveness...

Peart states that he is "Faithless" and then the brainwashed cattle start posting en masse.

Keep it coming, loving the entertainment!

Here's one: "A terrapin walks into a church full of "Believers"...

Edited by Terrapin

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 21 2011, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 21 2011, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 21 2011, 06:38 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 20 2011, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 20 2011, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 20 2011, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 20 2011, 08:35 PM)
Even though I hate the lyrics to BU2B, I think its an awesome song. Lyrics to me are secondary to the music. If the music is good, then I don't really give the lyrics much thought. I do kind of wish that Neil would move away from the religious subjects since it does offend many people, but at the end of the day the music is what matters the most. JMO.

I don't like the music or the lyrics personally, but that's just me. and to me lyrics absolutely matter. If a great musical song is about brutally raping someone, or killing children you would probably feel different. I know that is extreme, but we all have things we would not want filtering though our ears if we find it vile or disturbing or whatever.

Good point. I should have said that most of the time I don't mind the lyrics, but there's always the extreme exceptions like you pointed out.

Tick, I understand your point if lyrics are gratuitous or sadistic, something which the lyrics of "BU2B" are not. The song is about an idea, one that has been around and debated about for millennia. Do you really find the lyrics of "BU2B" to be vile and disturbing? If so, that's different than lyrics being poorly written.

I find Neil Peart's writing these days paints him as a bitter, cynical old man. Its old, its tired and its time to move on to something else. That is if he has anything else to say about...anything?

Seriously. His redundant bashing of religion is getting pathetic. Does he really have nothing else relevant to say anymore?

and yeah, his views are a joke to me. Vile or disgusting? Maybe not, but tired and worn out.

Talk about anything else please!

His lyrics on BU2B are something anything 15 year old kid could have written in creative writing class. Something that if they handed it in as homework, they would get a C.

If you are going to make a statement like that on your last point, you could at the very least back it up...

lyrical excerpt from my song, free

Inside the realm of time and space

I know somewhere there is a place

far from the bitter cold

far from the world we know

sometimes only the blind can see

someone stop to rescue me

finding the light of day

I found a better way

chorus

ever you ever thought you've lost a gift

could you feel the pain inside

oh then you realize

its only you, that brings it back to life.

link to the song and others...

http://www.myspace.com/primeelementrocks

atickhum.gif

Hey Tick,

Please, supply us with more of these laugh-a-minute "Lyrics"

We've laughed at your previous contribution for several days now and we're getting bored. Please provide us with your latest installment of comedy rhymes!

I'm sure God loves your Lyrics and he wants us all to have a good laugh!

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 07:48 PM)
Even though I hate the lyrics to BU2B, I think its an awesome song. Lyrics to me are secondary to the music. If the music is good, then I don't really give the lyrics much thought. I do kind of wish that Neil would move away from the religious subjects since it does offend many people, but at the end of the day the music is what matters the most. JMO.

I don't like the music or the lyrics personally, but that's just me. and to me lyrics absolutely matter. If a great musical song is about brutally raping someone, or killing children you would probably feel different. I know that is extreme, but we all have things we would not want filtering though our ears if we find it vile or disturbing or whatever.

Good point. I should have said that most of the time I don't mind the lyrics, but there's always the extreme exceptions like you pointed out.

Tick, I understand your point if lyrics are gratuitous or sadistic, something which the lyrics of "BU2B" are not. The song is about an idea, one that has been around and debated about for millennia. Do you really find the lyrics of "BU2B" to be vile and disturbing? If so, that's different than lyrics being poorly written.

I find Neil Peart's writing these days paints him as a bitter, cynical old man. Its old, its tired and its time to move on to something else. That is if he has anything else to say about...anything?

Seriously. His redundant bashing of religion is getting pathetic. Does he really have nothing else relevant to say anymore?

and yeah, his views are a joke to me. Vile or disgusting? Maybe not, but tired and worn out.

His lyrics on BU2B are something anything 15 year old kid could have written in creative writing class. Something that if they handed it in as homework, they would get a C.

If you are going to make a statement like that on your last point, you could at the very least back it up...

far from the bitter cold

finding the light of day

I found a better way

chorus

oh then you realize

atickhum.gif

Hey Tick,

We've laughed at your previous contribution for several days now and we're getting bored. Please provide us with your latest installment of comedy rhymes!

Wow, is that the best you have? and just who is, "we"

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 26 2011, 05:27 PM)

far from the bitter cold

finding the light of day

I found a better way

chorus

oh then you realize

atickhum.gif

Hey Tick,

My thoughts exactly. That we consists solely of you.

It's too bad - with a name like Terrapin, I was hoping you were either a Grateful Dead fan (Terrapin Station) or a Syd Barrett fan (Terrapin) who might be cool, but instead you just seem to be having a troll-like meltdown, putting all your stuff on everyone else and thinking everyone is wrong but you.

I'm glad you're entertained by what you're doing/saying, as you seem to be the only one. Well, that's not true, I am finding it very entertaining, but not for the same reasons you are. tongue.gif

Anyway, if you want to be a civil, nice person on the board, that'd be cool, but you'd have to turn the way you're handling things here around pretty fast.

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 27 2011, 12:55 AM)
You know you're in the wrong when not a single person agrees with or defends you.

In what what way "Goober" please "enlighten" me. I'm sure Jesus is watching and frowning upon Peart...

Um, I didn't post that.

But to respond to An Enemy Without, people who engage in troll like opinions are NEVER wrong. They never stop and admit they might be wrong, that they might have gone too far and apologize for being so aggressive and antagonistic. They're always self-righteous and they always have an attitude of "my opinion is IT and everyone else is wrong and f*ck all of you." It's kind of a me against the world thing. The pattern is almost always the same.

And Terrapin, no one really cares that much about the whole religion/anti-religion thing like you seem to. Everyone else is just expressing their opinions, not trying to convert anyone to their point of view on things. And in case you're not aware, while you're still going on about your righteous indignation about the topic, everyone else is just wondering why you're being so antagonistic and handling things so badly. If you really want to get your points across, try doing it with some civility. Otherwise the message gets lost in the presentation. Just my take...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 27 2011, 12:55 AM)
You know you're in the wrong when not a single person agrees with or defends you.

In what what way "Goober" please "enlighten" me. I'm sure Jesus is watching and frowning upon Peart...

Fine, Terrapin. We all get it. Save the religious talk for SOCN.

If you ever get in, of course. I wouldn't let you in based on what I've seen of your posting and attitude so far.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 12:34 AM)

far from the bitter cold

finding the light of day

I found a better way

chorus

oh then you realize

atickhum.gif

Hey Tick,

It's too bad - with a name like Terrapin, I was hoping you were either a Grateful Dead fan (Terrapin Station) or a Syd Barrett fan (Terrapin) who might be cool, but instead you just seem to be having a troll-like meltdown, putting all your stuff on everyone else and thinking everyone is wrong but you.

I'm glad you're entertained by what you're doing/saying, as you seem to be the only one. Well, that's not true, I am finding it very entertaining, but not for the same reasons you are. tongue.gif

Anyway, if you want to be a civil, nice person on the board, that'd be cool, but you'd have to turn the way you're handling things here around pretty fast.

This is quite eye opening... Go on, tell me how Peart is "Satan" and Jesus will save you...

Who needs TV when you have comedy bible bashers...

Sorry, ok, ahem... please continue!

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 08:15 PM)

far from the bitter cold

finding the light of day

I found a better way

chorus

oh then you realize

atickhum.gif

Hey Tick,

This is quite eye opening... Go on, tell me how Peart is "Satan" and Jesus will save you...

This is actually pretty funny. It's like he's reading some hidden meaning into everyone else's posts that they themselves don't even recognize.

Or maybe he's only reading what he wants to read bash?

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 06:15 PM)

far from the bitter cold

finding the light of day

I found a better way

chorus

oh then you realize

atickhum.gif

Hey Tick,

You're reading a whole lot of things into a conversation that simply aren't there.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 04:55 PM)

Like Galileo ?

Are you implying that not a single person ever agreed with Galileo?

Are you saying that because Terrapin is an argument with a couple of other guys that therefore no one agrees with him ?

There's been no planes flying into the New York skyline therefore the Patriot Act must be working.

eyesre4.gif

As a man of faith myself (I'm a devout Atheist) I have no issue with Peart's lyrics.

trink39.gif

Terrapin, were you picked on as a kid? I'm thinking you were.

You're not even very good at being a troll.

Just give up.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 08:24 PM)

Like Galileo ?

Are you saying that because Terrapin is an argument with a couple of other guys that therefore no one agrees with him ?

There's been no planes flying into the New York skyline therefore the Patriot Act must be working.

eyesre4.gif

As a man of faith myself (I'm a devout Atheist) I have no issue with Peart's lyrics.

trink39.gif

Are you saying that because Terrapin is an argument with a couple of other guys

That part makes sense.

that therefore no one agrees with him

And here's where I lost you. What are you trying to say again? wink.gif

Are you saying that because Terrapin is an argument with a couple of other guys that therefore no one agrees with him

Back to business...

http://calvarychapelabuse.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/train_wreck1.jpg

http://media.egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/train-wreck-1.jpg

http://virginiafifthwatchdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/thomastankcrash.jpg

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 09:24 PM)

Like Galileo ?

eyesre4.gif

trink39.gif

Terrapin keeps saying "we" when referring to stuff no one has even backed him on. Whether anyone agrees with him or not is another issue. Publicly no one has laughed at me or mocked me but Terrapin has determined that everyone has.

Get it?