Akron162

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Dream Theater Album

• Images and Words
    • Metropolis 2: Scenes From a Memory
    • Falling into Infinity
    • Train of Thought
    • Octavarium

Scenes From A Memory! One of my favorite albums of all time.

I would suggest that you check out their new album A Dramatic Turn of Events. It hasn't been released yet but it leaked yesterday. I'll buy the album when it comes out, but I couldn't resist downloading it. Its easily one of their best.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 2 2011, 11:21 PM)
so just because you haven't listened to them means that no one else who participates in the poll has listened to them either?

i am assuming that you have listened at least one of those albums, before coming here and voting. As i said, i just have listened to those, i dont want give the impression that i know everything about the band. But i supose thats not the idea im giving. Anyway, if you like any other album just say it, im planing to listem to some others of them in any case.

Awake is the best Dream Theater album, with Falling Into Infinity riding close behind. (If FII had been released in its original form, it might've overtaken Awake). Train of Thought is one of the worst things in the history of recorded music, not sure why it's even part of the poll options. Seeing as how my opinion isn't represented in the poll I just voted ofr the closest thing (FII). Edited by fledgehog

Why you didn't list all there albums is beyond me? Does it matter if you have heard them or not?

It would more accurately tell you which albums are fan favorites.

Oh well, most polls are bad anyhow.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 3 2011, 01:59 PM)
Why you didn't list all there albums is beyond me? Does it matter if you have heard them or not?

for me, it makes a lot of sense. besides, nobody is forcing you to vote or say anything, if you think is bad just f**k of.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 3 2011, 05:01 PM)

for me, it makes a lot of sense. besides, nobody is forcing you to vote or say anything, if you think is bad just f**k of.

What would've made more sense was to list them all. That way if one album that you haven't heard yet got a lot of votes you would know what to listen to next.

Awake is considered by many as their best or one of their best albums. No doubt it would've got a good amount of votes if it was on here.

I voted for SFAM but I&W isn't that far behind.

Also, there is no need to tell Tick, one of the best posters on here to "f**k off". He was just giving his take on it like everybody else. That tends to happen on message boards wink.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 3 2011, 06:01 PM)

why does it "make a lot of sense" to you? when you entitle the thread "your favorite dream theater album", it implies that the selection includes every dream theater album. Perhaps a more fitting title would have been "your favorite of these dream theater albums", or "which one of my dream theater albums is your favorite?". At the very least, an "other" option should have been included. honestly, it's not often that I agree with tick, but honestly this thread is f***ing stupid.

*sigh*

Fledgehog, every post you make makes me like you even less. confused13.gif

Akron162, your thread is most definitely NOT stupid. I like your idea of finding if your favorite album is also the favorite of the forum's. However, I do think you should have added an other option. Don't mind Fledgehog, he often makes those kind of posts. Just take them with a (large) grain of salt.

Just smilies-8579.png

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 3 2011, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 3 2011, 05:01 PM)

What would've made more sense was to list them all. That way if one album that you haven't heard yet got a lot of votes you would know what to listen to next.

Awake is considered by many as their best or one of their best albums. No doubt it would've got a good amount of votes if it was on here.

I voted for SFAM but I&W isn't that far behind.

Also, there is no need to tell Tick, one of the best posters on here to "f**k off". He was just giving his take on it like everybody else. That tends to happen on message boards wink.gif

yeah well, tick is a hero and i am an asshole that doesnt know how to make a poll, i get the point. I really thought it was a good idea at that moment, but i kinda undestand now this poll wasnt as well formulated as i believe. Anyway, if it has any use, i apollogise publicly with all the users of this forum for make a confusing poll, but i dont think it is that offensive (it really seems there is really pissed of people around here). Whatever, i love Dream Theater and surely most of the people here love them too, so lets go on with that love, excuse me if i anger you, and i promise stop posting things that make sense for me but not for you.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 3 2011, 11:02 PM)
I thought it was you that said somewhere that you hated DT and all newer prog bands. Or am I thinking of someone else?

i was trolling that time (i think i even make it clear at that moment). I like a lot of new prog bands (not all of course), but dont take me too seriously when i say i hate something (except when i say i hate soft machine, oh god, how i hate them).

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 4 2011, 12:10 AM)
I thought it was you that said somewhere that you hated DT and all newer prog bands. Or am I thinking of someone else?

i was trolling that time (i think i even make it clear at that moment). I like a lot of new prog bands (not all of course), but dont take me too seriously when i say i hate something (except when i say i hate soft machine, oh god, how i hate them).

If you were trolling then does that mean that you were trolling when you made this thread?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 3 2011, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 4 2011, 12:10 AM)

If you were trolling then does that mean that you were trolling when you made this thread?

No, i really thought it was a good idea.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 3 2011, 03:01 PM)

that was really unnecessary no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 3 2011, 11:21 PM)

yes, i get mad a that moment, but i already apollogise. it will never happen again.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 4 2011, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 3 2011, 11:21 PM)

yes, i get mad a that moment, but i already apollogise. it will never happen again.

Make sure that it doesn't.