female musicians.

liddybuck01

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 18 2011, 01:37 AM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Aug 17 2011, 05:48 PM)
Well, we're talking musicians, and stevie only plays piano while writing, records it for demos, and she's not great at all.

Christine is cool, I give her props for playing the accordian, but she's not a big deal to me.

You should check out Tal Wilkenfeld. She is awesome and only like 23.

Jeff Becks Bass Player???

Yeah shes got it goin on!

((Almost rivals Geddy..not quite,but close..with her age,

shell be the best before long...scary-good, talent-wise.))

Amazing Bass player..and only 21 or so?

She's got a great future,for sure. applaudit.gif yes.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Yeah, Tal Wilkenfeld is awesome cool.gif

Plus, another player who has worked with Jeff Beck, and she's been around since the 80's touring with Michael Jackson, is Jennifer Batten...damn...she's a guitar virtuoso

Edited by Your_Lion

I just don't understand. I'm not trying to be on the offensive here.. but reading all these, are female musicians.. females musicians aren't heavy into hard rock. At least it doesn't seem like that to me. If you talk about female musicians, alternative and pop type music with pianos and acoustic guitars have to be in mind. That's just me though.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 18 2011, 09:00 AM)
I just don't understand. I'm not trying to be on the offensive here.. but reading all these, are female musicians.. females musicians aren't heavy into hard rock. At least it doesn't seem like that to me. If you talk about female musicians, alternative and pop type music with pianos and acoustic guitars have to be in mind. That's just me though.

Lita Ford is..big time..she's a Hard-rockin BABE! drool1.gif

I like Shannon Curfman. Good guitar player with a great voice. Recorded her first album in 1998 (I think) when she was 13. Played and sang like she was 30. She is a a vocalist and guitar player in Kid Rock's band now.

For the type of music I like, death metal, there are pretty much no female in that scene, unless they're singing. It's so disappointing.

My friends in Kittie are almost death metal. They're getting there lol. I'm glad they're still out there doing it. Showing girls that we can be metal and we can be good at it. That's what's most important, imo.

I've heard some pretty cool female death metal bands on YouTube and such, but theyre mostly from Europe, as are many death metal bands. So I can't even support them by going to their concerts or anything really because they're still kind of obscure, and won't get to tour the US until they gain notoriety.

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Aug 26 2011, 03:33 PM)
Anyone here like Birtha?
The Black Belles?
The Runaways?
Girlschool
Heart
The Slits
Precious Metals
Vixen
Warpaint

Oh, and what about Poison Ivy from The Cramps?

Damn you! You stole mine - I was gonna say Poison Ivy. She rocks out on her Gretsch like no one's business and she hardly gets the attention she deserves. One of my all time favorite bands that sadly is no more. R.I.P. Lux fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:46 AM)
Anyone here like Birtha?
The Black Belles?
The Runaways?
Girlschool
Heart
The Slits
Precious Metals
Vixen
Warpaint

Damn you! You stole mine - I was gonna say Poison Ivy. She rocks out on her Gretsch like no one's business and she hardly gets the attention she deserves. One of my all time favorite bands that sadly is no more. R.I.P. Lux fists crying.gif

She's definitely got it going on! Poison Ivy deserves a lot more recognition, she's a goddess!

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Aug 28 2011, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:46 AM)
Anyone here like Birtha?
The Black Belles?
The Runaways?
Girlschool
Heart
The Slits
Precious Metals
Vixen
Warpaint

She's definitely got it going on! Poison Ivy deserves a lot more recognition, she's a goddess!

trink39.gif

Patricia Morrison. She was a bassist for Sisters Of Mercy and The Damned

And Maureen Tucker, drummer for the Velvet Underground

Sheila E, Drummer for various artists, notably Prince.

three of my favorite female musicians are guitarists:

Nancy Wilson

Orianthi

Bonnie Raitt

oh, and if you get out of the rock genre, and into bluegrass, Allison Krauss is one AMAZING fiddle player.