Worst of the Best 16

An Enemy Without

Which song do you like LEAST?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you like LEAST?

• La Villa Strangiato

The final round is here! Xanadu just barely edged out 2112; by a frog's hair in fact, and was promptly eliminated. I think you all know how this works by now, don't you? I'm not changing anything up.

So, which song would you rather NOT listen to?

In one corner, we have 2112! The song that has drawn many to Rush and is often referred to as the cornerstone of the Rush... house...!

And in the other, La Villa Strangiato! Named after a weird city (literally), this masterpiece is known as "the greatest instrumental of all time!"

Let the battle begin! The one who emerges on top with the most votes loses! You heard me, loses! (So please vote carefully guys. I'd hate to have to redo this).

Voting ends in one week, and I will compile a summary of all the rounds (if I have time). I will be bumping this every day so everyone can vote, blah blah blah.

(Get on with it!)

QUOTE (cuiaba @ Aug 4 2011, 05:40 AM)
I love Geddy's vocals too much to pick an instrumental; his inimitable vocals are part of what makes Rush so unique and special.

^This.

I wasn't in a Rush mood when they recorded it and discovered the song around 1996.

At the time I wasn't that much in that kind of progressive/SF stuff (and still not am).

So I'll always prefer "La villa" which in my head won't ever get (and sound) old!

I voted La Villa..it was tough call though...

2112 just plain KICKS AS*!

The whole concept of it is flippin amazing!!

2112 was 2.gif 's Sgt.Peppers , IMO.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

as someone else mentioned, La Villa really should be the one eliminated just because an instrumental really shouldn't win this should it? Geddy's trademark vocals need to be represented in what would be considered the greatest Rush song of all time.

2112 is not my favorite Rush song by any means but it is appropriate that it wins this. It is the song (album) that saved Rush. It has everything that makes Rush so great. It's conceptual, tells an incredible story, shows off all 3 guy's instrumental prowess, and Geddy's voice is phenomenal at it's screeching best

Not to mention the fact that the cover of the album is epic and it's title has become the password of millions of people's ATM cards across the world!

I could go on and on....

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 4 2011, 10:46 PM)
as someone else mentioned, La Villa really should be the one eliminated just because an instrumental really shouldn't win this should it? Geddy's trademark vocals need to be represented in what would be considered the greatest Rush song of all time.

2112 is not my favorite Rush song by any means but it is appropriate that it wins this. It is the song (album) that saved Rush. It has everything that makes Rush so great. It's conceptual, tells an incredible story, shows off all 3 guy's instrumental prowess, and Geddy's voice is phenomenal at it's screeching best

Not to mention the fact that the cover of the album is epic and it's title has become the password of millions of people's ATM cards across the world!

I could go on and on....

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

La Villa is my favorite Rush song. So, sadly, I had to vote for 2112 sad.gif